Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Meanwhile, My car is factory, with comfort, and speed
    Yup....but dude....my Z feels manly! When I start it up, the neighbors think the world is coming to an end!
    Called two stores in Buffalo, NY area. Both said no list and first comw first served.
    I sure hope we at least see some sanity come release day... =P
    no, I haven't posted more than once or twice, but I have been a lurker here for months though..following and pouring over every detail, rumor and whisper about the Pre...but I thought this might be good time to throw my story in...

stopped by the Sprint store that I have been using for almost 6 years..( ! know most of the reps by name..and their kids names , pets..well you get the idea) ..anyway..I spoke to the Pre Advocate.. all she could do was expound how wonderfulthe Pre and the webOS is...she did let slip there would be about 50 or so apps in the apps store at launch..also spoke to what they call the "tech genius" ( these are the reps that are suppose to get the heavy training in a product..more than a normal rep) .. he wouldn't talk directly about numbers but I got he impression stock wasn't going to be and issue..at least in the Dallas/Ft Worth area...and that even though there are Sprint stores all over the DFW metroplex, there were only 3 that were having the Launch party on the 5th that he knew of for certain...and they were to be by invitation only..and for Sprint Premier customers only.. (which I am one) I asked why I hadn't recieved an invite yet...he said they would be mailing/emailing out the invites about a week before..he was surprized to hear that some had already received theirs.. I did everything short of begging to have them show me, at least, the training or store model of the dand phone, the just laughed and said..sorry..it all locke dup in the safe....
    all the store employees that will be getting a Pre will get them a week before launch AND that they will demo them for customers during that week. I was told that by a Sprint store employee today, in Morgan Hill, CA. YMMV.
    I stopped by the local Sprint store.. never been (I'm a Verizon customer, have been for the past 8-9 years). I asked about their stock of the Pre. The rep there told me you had to be on a waiting list, and that it was 600k deep. Yes, six hundred thousand.

I asked about getting on that waiting list and she proceeded to say she wasn't sure, and that it was likely on Sprint or Palm's website. She said they don't have access to the waiting list either.

At that point, I just thanked her and left (it was 10 minutes till closing anyway). Why can't Sprint get this information straight and propagated throughout? What she told me sounded ridiculous. The Pre is cool and all, but 600k people lined up for it, on launch? Seems a little far fetched. Unless this is somehow linked to those "let me know when the Pre is available" email sign ups.
    I was told the weather might be sunny, but with a chance of rain in alberqerque, new mexico. Ymmv.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    I was told the weather might be sunny, but with a chance of rain in alberqerque, new mexico. Ymmv.
    I was told that same thing. We must have the same sweet hook-up
    Quote Originally Posted by emusician View Post
    I was told that same thing. We must have the same sweet hook-up
    Yeah, its awesome when ya can score a contact for some key insider information. Makes the day that much more interesting, doesn't it? Makes me feel like I know something the rest of the folks don't!!!
    Yeah, its awesome when ya can score a contact for some key insider information. Makes the day that much more interesting, doesn't it? Makes me feel like I know something the rest of the folks don't!!!
    Makes everyday I get info feel like I've just won a...
    a... a...
    a golden ticket... if you will
    Makes everyday I get info feel like I've just won a...
    a... a...
    a golden ticket... if you will

...And I WILL!!!

Not insider at all. I thought it interesting that they admitted they'll get the phones a week early and will demo them. If you already knew that, you could have been the better man and simply ignored the thread. Unfortunately...
    ...And I WILL!!!
    haha

In related news, it's pretty much agreed that employees WILL NOT have access to a Pre after launch.
    My ACTUAL source informing me on this before the Launcher was released. Sucks for him, he wanted one as much as I do haha
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    Not insider at all. I thought it interesting that they admitted they'll get the phones a week early and will demo them. If you already knew that, you could have been the better man and simply ignored the thread. Unfortunately...
    One whole week, huh? lol. Unfortunately, we're having some fun with it...
    One whole week, huh? lol. Unfortunately, we're having some fun with it...
    I've got a great sense of humor but fail to see the point of the derision of the comment I made in the OP about Sprint employees at one store giving me the opposite info of another one--something I mentioned a day or two ago. I thought it interesting that the "right hand doesn't know..."
    all the store employees that will be getting a Pre will get them a week before launch AND that they will demo them for customers during that week. I was told that by a Sprint store employee today, in Morgan Hill, CA. YMMV.
    I like that you posted, but it's kinda hard with these Sprint Employee threads.
    So many threads get posted, gets hard to sift through everything for the useful information. Hopefully it's true your store is able to demo them early, but I found out 2 weeks ago that the Pre was made unavailable for employees to purchase (and i believe the Launcher states this as well).
    Also, hopefully the people at Sprint aren't lying to you.
    Your best bet as well as mine is that you can get an in with a manager to at least try to get you a Pre on launch day (6th)
    I like that you posted, but it's kinda hard with these Sprint Employee threads.
    So many threads get posted, gets hard to sift through everything for the useful information. Hopefully it's true your store is able to demo them early, but I found out 2 weeks ago that the Pre was made unavailable for employees to purchase (and i believe the Launcher states this as well).
    Also, hopefully the people at Sprint aren't lying to you.
    Your best bet as well as mine is that you can get an in with a manager to at least try to get you a Pre on launch day (6th)
    At this point I'm taking what they say with large grains of salt. Chances are I won't lay eyes on one until after the 6th anyways. I'll be on vacation when the Pre hits & I've no intention of interrupting that to go phone shopping.
    At this point I'm taking what they say with large grains of salt. Chances are I won't lay eyes on one until after the 6th anyways. I'll be on vacation when the Pre hits & I've no intention of interrupting that to go phone shopping.
    That sucks. I'm passing up a weekend get away to get the Pre on the 5th. It's worth it though, I've been waiting for a while.
    Also, as for the info your given, it's good to take it with a grain of salt, but never forget that SOMEBODY knows SOMETHING at any given point in time.
    Who knows, maybe the 5th pre-Pre Launch will pan out anyway
  19. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    A sprint employee told me once
    that there's a right and wrong,
    and that punishment
    would come to those
    who dare to cross the line
  20.    #40  
    Dude, wtf.. do you not search? It's on the 1st page for cripes sake..

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...-one-spot.html
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast