Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Couldn't get over to my Sprint store today but instead was right next to a radioshack, thought i would question a rep and see what kinda response i got!

So are you guys offering the Pre on June 5th?
    -No we are offering the Pre just like everyone else on the 6th, and we will be doing the instant rebate instead of the mail in rebate.

Do you have a waiting list for the Pre?
    -No but i told at least 30 people so far (some of them I know personally who have been waiting for the phone since the very beginning) to be at the store very very early on the 6th

How many Pre's do you expect to have? I have heard you guys as well as BB and walmart may not have to many is this true?
    -No we are expecting to have alot of phones on the 6th

How much are you selling the Pre for?
    -$199.99 after instant rebates and upgrades for new customers
    -$549.99 for phone itself of in the middle contract people
    Good news! I hope this whole shortage thing is just crazy talk.
    Why would he tell people to be there very very very early and then tell you they were expecting a lot of phones?
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    well I hope he's right about having lots of stock. Im worried there wont be enough to go around at my local sprint store. Those rumors about shortages have me concerned I wont find one for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Identified View Post
    Why would he tell people to be there very very very early and then tell you they were expecting a lot of phones?
    I don't know how much truth is in that rep's talk but as for your question, the demand for the phone is so high and the rep might be thinking that the phone might be sold out quickly.
    I hope he doesn't have to learn a lesson the hard way. Imagine 30 people waiting for the store to open and they have 1-2 Pre's in stock. Not something I would do
    Well I don't see how they don't have the Pre's in stock already I have talked to 2 of the local sprint stores in the area and a best buy and they already have the Pre in stock. The best buy has 5 according to a friend of mine that works there. And both of the sprint stores have told me they both have about 50. So I would assume most of the other stores like walmart and radio shack should already have them to.
    That's what I was thinking.

Also the "-$199.99 after instant rebates and upgrades for new customers" makes no sense either. Upgrades refers to existing customers, not new customers.
    Because its hard to know what "a lot" means. Could be a few, could be 30-40.

Regardless, I guarantee that whatever stock all the stores have wont be enough. Im betting by the end of the day on the 6th, there wont be a Pre left to be sold anywhere.
    merge this with the "I stopped by..." thread please
    The RS I stopped at today, had no clue what a Pre was, said no one had asked about it.
    Yes, they do sell Sprint.
    Said they never get phones on the release date.
    Guess that's Plan D (after telesales, Sprint store and Best Buy).
    I have to admit, I would love to see their reaction when they do get 1 in.
    "What the hell is a Pre?"
  12. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    The last time I went into a Radioshack (few years ago in a mall), I desperately needed a phone charger for a current model sprint phone. They failed to deliver.

People still go to Radioshack?
    I stopped by my local RS.
    They asked me for all my personal info.
    Name, Number, Address...
    Why do they have to ask that everytime I buy a stupid cable connector or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    merge this with the "I stopped by..." thread please
    This thread was started before that thread.
    However; I can do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I stopped by my local RS.
    They asked me for all my personal info.
    Name, Number, Address...
    Why do they have to ask that everytime I buy a stupid cable connector or something.
    come on Berd, every transaction you are involved in is aggregated nowadays. it costs nothing to aggregate the data and mining it for the company's own use or sales to other companies is useful.

Radio Shack, where I bought copper boards to acid dip my first self made 50 baud modem, and which is so sad an pitiful nowadays as a third rate consumer electronics zombie-- probably just cant afford to pay the mail houses to get the correct address or are paying their employees less than whoever in Bangalore is entering all that data of yours for Best Buy
    Yeah, just like all those shopping cards stores wanna swipe to get you
    the 'discounted' price.

Oh well.

As far as Radio Shack, I feel as Xyg.
    Just call me Berd.
    Even their selection in RC cars isn't what it used to be and the one by my house even stopped carrying TVs!
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hamkins View Post
    That's what I was thinking.

Also the "-$199.99 after instant rebates and upgrades for new customers" makes no sense either. Upgrades refers to existing customers, not new customers.
    I can confirm the 199 is only for new customers. I was told by my buddy who is a manager at RS it would be 249 for existing customers with existing full upgrade eligible contracts. No mail in rebates required. But apparently RS is hoping to offset the new contract pricing with current customers' extra $50.
    Last edited by rijc99; 05/24/2009 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Clarification
    I hope that's not true because I will not be going to RS to upgrade my phone.
    An incentive that penalizes others isn't a good idea. Why would anyone wants to pay $50 higher when they can call sprint or go to walmart/BB and get it for lower?? RS needs to make better decisions to be competitive and stay in business. My 2 cents.
    I remember when I worked at radioshack on the christmas of the xbox360 and wii launch, the CEO told everyone through one of his cheesy training videos that all of the stores would be receiving xbox360 units. We never received units and they never told us why. I later learned that RS sold all of their xbox360's to another company.

RS never received new ANYTHING on the release dates. With the customers I could actually convince to wait for a treo 650 to come in the mail, RS would fail to deliver and the customer would return 2 weeks later wanting a return because their merchandise didn't show up.

I hate radio shack. The company is evil and it's a wonder how they even stay in business. Please do not support thsi crooked company and do not get your hopes up about them having any Pre's. They may actually get them, but if history repeats itself....then fat chance.

p.s. RS upper management is total scum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast