Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Which of the two do you think has a better screen? The HTC Diamond is higher resolution 480x640, but has only 65K colors. The palm pre has 320x480 resolution screen, but has 16M colors and is .3 inches larger than the HTC Diamond. Which of the two do you think has a better screen? Sorry if the question is a tab bit obscure
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I just upgraded from the Vogue (Touch) to the Touch Diamond a weak ago and I can say. The screen is really not that big, although having used the same screen on the Touch for over a year I have gotten used to the size and the keyboard. But the higher resolution is simply amazing. Considering the Pre's screen is 3.1" vs. Diamond's 2.8" the resolution difference is even higher, since it's packing more pixels in a smaller screen. However, I don't think you will really notice the difference.
    People say the Pre's screen just "pops" at you with High-Resolution. Also, they say the animation/start up when you boot the phone really shows off the screen as well. Remember, we still haven't really seen video/movies played on the screen either. AND, unless someone is shooting the phone with a HD camera, and you have a HD screen with either DV-I or HDMI, you'll have no idea exactly how good the screen will look. That's the closest to real life you'll get w/o actually holding it in front of your eyes. I think you will be fine to be honest.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    People say the Pre's screen just "pops" at you with High-Resolution. Also, they say the animation/start up when you boot the phone really shows off the screen as well. Remember, we still haven't really seen video/movies played on the screen either. AND, unless someone is shooting the phone with a HD camera, and you have a HD screen with either DV-I or HDMI, you'll have no idea exactly how good the screen will look. That's the closest to real life you'll get w/o actually holding it in front of your eyes. I think you will be fine to be honest.
    Ofcourse. But I'm just saying given the specs, which will look better.
    Quote Originally Posted by fry8 View Post
    Ofcourse. But I'm just saying given the specs, which will look better.
    The HTC will be sharper, but the Pre's picture will "pop" more because of the colors. It's kinda like comparing 1080p and 720p though... Unless you are close looking for the difference, they both will look good.

And the higher the resolution, the more processing power you need for everything to be smooth. So since the Pre has more power AND a lower resolution, in motion the Pre will look better too lol

I vote Pre
    To take a cue form the AV world, resolution is a distant third when it comes to overall picture quality. Color accuracy and contrast are 1 and 2. On screens of this size I think the resolution has to be good enough. The 16 million colors though does wonders over 65k.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by LightofHonor View Post
    The HTC will be sharper, but the Pre's picture will "pop" more because of the colors. It's kinda like comparing 1080p and 720p though... Unless you are close looking for the difference, they both will look good.

And the higher the resolution, the more processing power you need for everything to be smooth. So since the Pre has more power AND a lower resolution, in motion the Pre will look better too lol

I vote Pre
    +1

I think it will be an eye popping experience. Palm is really allowing the OS to showcase the depth of colors this machine will be pushing out.

Like NM08STR8 said, we will be fine. I don't foresee any complaints based on the screen display.................but you never know