Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Looks like new documents were leaked out. I can't post a direct link because I only have 3 post so go to prerumors.com and it should be the first one on the top.
    thank goodness for 5 hours. that means i will only need to recharge my phone one or two times a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    thank goodness for 5 hours. that means i will only need to recharge my phone one or two times a day.
    oh, so you talk 10 or 15 hours a day?
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Not bad.

So it should at least be similar to the iPhone 3g, as far as battery life is concerned.

From Apple's website:

[..] intelligent iPhone power management technology gives you up to 5 hours of talk time over 3G networks. That’s some of the best in the business.
    Battery life was one of my main concerns with the device, so this is pretty decent news.
    Yeah, 5 hours talk time for a phone like this is pretty respectable IMO.
    great news everyone!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    great news if it's true but i'm skeptical with all that pushing and pulling and synergizing and carding and multitasking going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayo View Post
    Not bad.

So it should at least be similar to the iPhone 3g, as far as battery life is concerned.

From Apple's website:

Battery life was one of my main concerns with the device, so this is pretty decent news.
    wait, but doesnt the iPhone have bad battey life?
    Here's the thing. Talk time is a very poor measure of what we are interested in. When you are talking you are only using the audio processing hardware and the device radio. The screen and the Data connections (WIFI the exception) are off.

If that same battery dies under the weight of constant data connections to the cloud and a thirsty processor and screen, that will be the killer. The talk time really isn't a good indication of that.
    The iPhone doesn't have a removable battery. "Point" to Pre--just pop in a replacement battery and u are back in business!
    Quote Originally Posted by Captweez View Post
    Here's the thing. Talk time is a very poor measure of what we are interested in. When you are talking you are only using the audio processing hardware and the device radio. The screen and the Data connections (WIFI the exception) are off.

If that same battery dies under the weight of constant data connections to the cloud and a thirsty processor and screen, that will be the killer. The talk time really isn't a good indication of that.
    +1

Indeed. I only used ~240 minutes total last month. Most of my usage is data-- emails, messaging, browsing...or audio player.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    The 800w is rated for 4.5 hours with similar battery. I have had a very poor experience with this setup. Don't get anywhere near 4 hours talk time. As to my knowledge the battery included with the Pre is one of the lower rated bateries available in smartphones. Don't know if it is a deal killer but not real exciting either.
    Quote Originally Posted by frediev View Post
    The 800w is rated for 4.5 hours with similar battery. I have had a very poor experience with this setup. Don't get anywhere near 4 hours talk time. As to my knowledge the battery included with the Pre is one of the lower rated bateries available in smartphones. Don't know if it is a deal killer but not real exciting either.
    Just think of all the 3rd party vendors salivating to sell you a higher output replacement or spare battery.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

Very true, but the talk time is usually the lowest of that which is commonly quoted. It gives us at least a common reference point.

See iphone 3g for comparison:

3g Talk time: Up to 5 hours
    Standby time: Up to 300 hours
    Internet use: Up to 5 hours on 3G, 6 hours on Wi-Fi
    Video playback: Up to 7 hours
    Audio playback: Up to 24 hours
  17. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frediev View Post
    Different hardware / software. Who knows how the battery will do!
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    the iphone is an entirely different beast battery wise when it comes to smartphones and really shouldn't enter the discussion
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Yes it all depends on how you use the phone that will determine the battery life. Talk time and standby time aren't really practical ways of measuring the battery life; one is not going to be talking straight for six hours and usually one isn't going to have their phone on standby for a week or two. The battery life is all going to depend on how you use the phone, such as how often you make calls, check emails etc. in a way it's a personal measurement. Although with the pre we still don't know how the battery will be with synergy, hopeful it will be very good though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    the iphone is an entirely different beast battery wise when it comes to smartphones and really shouldn't enter the discussion
    Since almost everyone discussing the Pre either mentions the iPhone or THINKS about it, comparison wise, I thought it ok to bring up that the Pre's replaceable battery is a huge PLUS.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast