Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. Stihl's Avatar
    Posts
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    #21  
    Oh, no Dave you are completely in the right. You and I will be able to get a spare battery and bang with our phones day in and day out and be pretty much fine. Huge practicality and a definite bonus.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayo View Post
    Very true, but the talk time is usually the lowest of that which is commonly quoted. It gives us at least a common reference point.

    See iphone 3g for comparison:

    3g Talk time: Up to 5 hours
    Standby time: Up to 300 hours
    Internet use: Up to 5 hours on 3G, 6 hours on Wi-Fi
    Video playback: Up to 7 hours
    Audio playback: Up to 24 hours
    Pretty good for talk time. Anywhere close to these would be great! Of course I'm also going to take advantage of the removable battery and get a higher capacity spare.
    Last edited by EeZeEpEe; 05/24/2009 at 05:39 PM.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

    Sprint customer since 2001
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    Pretty good for talk time. I wonder what internet, video, and music battery lives will be. Just for comparison here are the iPhone's:

    Internet use:
    Up to 5 hours on 3G
    Up to 6 hours on Wi-Fi
    Video playback: Up to 7 hours
    Audio playback: Up to 24 hours

    Anywhere close to these would be great! Of course I'm also going to take advantage of the removable battery and get a higher capacity spare.

    Careful. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $higher$ $capacity$ $Centro$ $batteries$ $available$ $out$ $there$ $are$ $thicker$ $than$ $the$ $standard$ $capacity$ $batteries$ $and$ $so$ $require$ $a$ $different$ $cover$ $to$ $accommodate$ $them$. $Such$ $a$ $substitute$ $cover$ $doesn$'$t$ $yet$ $exist$ $for$ $the$ $Pre$. $Wouldn$'$t$ $want$ $you$ $to$ $buy$ $a$ $high$ $capacity$ $batter$ $and$ $not$ $have$ $it$ $fit$!
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    Oh, no Dave you are completely in the right. You and I will be able to get a spare battery and bang with our phones day in and day out and be pretty much fine. Huge practicality and a definite bonus.
    cool. Last night I found a site that showed a spare battery/charger with a charging unit barely large enough to contain the battery. VERY NICE. Forgot where I saw it, but it seems to be as tiny a unit as physically possible. I will have to find that sucker, if I get the Pre...er...WHEN I get the Pre.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    Careful. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $higher$ $capacity$ $Centro$ $batteries$ $available$ $out$ $there$ $are$ $thicker$ $than$ $the$ $standard$ $capacity$ $batteries$ $and$ $so$ $require$ $a$ $different$ $cover$ $to$ $accommodate$ $them$. $Such$ $a$ $substitute$ $cover$ $doesn$'$t$ $yet$ $exist$ $for$ $the$ $Pre$. $Wouldn$'$t$ $want$ $you$ $to$ $buy$ $a$ $high$ $capacity$ $batter$ $and$ $not$ $have$ $it$ $fit$!
    Heck, give me 5 minutes with a Dremel...I'll make it fit for ya! <g>
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    Careful. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $higher$ $capacity$ $Centro$ $batteries$ $available$ $out$ $there$ $are$ $thicker$ $than$ $the$ $standard$ $capacity$ $batteries$ $and$ $so$ $require$ $a$ $different$ $cover$ $to$ $accommodate$ $them$. $Such$ $a$ $substitute$ $cover$ $doesn$'$t$ $yet$ $exist$ $for$ $the$ $Pre$. $Wouldn$'$t$ $want$ $you$ $to$ $buy$ $a$ $high$ $capacity$ $batter$ $and$ $not$ $have$ $it$ $fit$!
    Oh I'm aware of that. I was talking about the slightly higher capacity batteries that don't need a different cover. Only 15% more but that could still be a possible 45 more talktime minutes.
    Innocell 1350 Extended Life Battery
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

    Sprint customer since 2001
  7. timGSU's Avatar
    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    Oh I'm aware of that. I was talking about the slightly higher capacity batteries that don't need a different cover. Only 15% more but that could still be a possible 45 more talktime minutes.
    Innocell 1350 Extended Life Battery
    Will it work with the touchstone???? That my friend, is the real question!
  8. #28  
    There is a picture out there on the web that shows the back of the Pre without the back cover on. It showed that there are metal contacts on the inside back of the phone that touch the contacts on the back cover. So I think that any battery should be fine.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by timGSU View Post
    Will it work with the touchstone???? That my friend, is the real question!
    Of course. The hardware for that is in the cover.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by timGSU View Post
    Will it work with the touchstone???? That my friend, is the real question!
    Quote Originally Posted by Krod301 View Post
    There is a picture out there on the web that shows the back of the Pre without the back cover on. It showed that there are metal contacts on the inside back of the phone that touch the contacts on the back cover. So I think that any battery should be fine.
    I would also think it works with Touchstone because the standard battery for the Pre is the same as the Centro. So if this slightly higher capacity battery works with the Centro is should work with the Pre and Touchstone. There isn't a special battery for Touchstone to work.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

    Sprint customer since 2001
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions