1.    #1  
    Inside Sprint Now has given us a new post with some nice little updates. Enjoy.

Palm Pre Goodness « Inside Sprint Now
    5 Hours talk time. That's not too bad.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    The Centro only has 4 hours of talk time with the SAME battery! This is great news.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Also the Centro on Sprint gets 3.5 hours talk time with the same battery, so this new chipset looks like it has great power management.

3.5 to 5 hours is a 43% increase.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    great...my only hope is that this phone will last me through the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    great...my only hope is that this phone will last me through the day.
    My Centro made it through the day on a full-80% charge in the morning and ended up between 20-30% at the end of the day when I get home from work. That is with EAS sync every 30 minutes. So I have very high hopes for the Pre's battery life. Now WHY were they hiding that from us all this time. Palm should be very proud of that! Completely raped the iPhone's battery life..
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    The pouch they show as an accessory seems like it has a foldover. The one on Palm's website doesn't. I wonder if the one on Palm's website is the included one.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    The other benefit over the iPhone is you can have multiple batteries and switch them if necessary.

Thats one thing I hate about my iphone, if it died I had to have a giant external battery to get more juice. It will be so nice to have an extra battery and just pop it in.
    My centros battery is amazing, best power
    Life by far of any phone I've ever owned! Thing nearly lasts
    2 days before battery is drained, if pre is the same than that's
    Great news
    talk time is one thing, but anyone know how the batt life is for data use (browsing, etc) and multitasking?
    With smartphones talk time is almost a completely meaningless metric.

It a a highly relevant metric on dumphones, but smarphoens have much higher draw screens adn they are used more often and the talk time is with screen off. It is also done with data connection completely off thoughout the entire test, not to mention GPS switched completely off, the processor chipset asleep, no speakerphone, bluetooth or wifi.

I am going to bet a nickel that under normal usage this will get less battery life than a centro.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    With smartphones talk time is almost a completely meaningless metric.

It a a highly relevant metric on dumphones, but smarphoens have much higher draw screens adn they are used more often and the talk time is with screen off. It is also done with data connection completely off thoughout the entire test, not to mention GPS switched completely off, the processor chipset asleep, no speakerphone, bluetooth or wifi.

I am going to bet a nickel that under normal usage this will get less battery life than a centro.
    So, if this is the exact method that they test all of their phones, then the Pre still beats the Centro. Now, take into account that the Pre has more radios than the Centro and you would drastically reduce the battery life. But as it stands, the Pre has better battery life than the Centro (and does MORE than the Centro).