1.    #1  
    Had a Storm for a week... no way to default to SP mode.

My current phone, LG8300 allows for that and I love it.

Anyone know yet?
    I can say I have never owned a phone that offered this feature.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    I can say I have never owned a phone that offered this feature.
    Bummer. I love how my LG stays in SP mode all the time, as that's the mode I generally use. Only when I'm in a noisy area or want to carry on a more private convo, do I switch to the headset mode. I like to be "hand-free" when using the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    Bummer. I love how my LG stays in SP mode all the time, as that's the mode I generally use. Only when I'm in a noisy area or want to carry on a more private convo, do I switch to the headset mode. I like to be "hand-free" when using the phone.
    speakerphone 24/7??? that's got to be friggin annoying as hell to everyone around you. that's almost as bad as those damn nextel chirp chirp speakerphone knuckleheads. bad practice. please stop. it should be banned and against the law with 40 lashes as punishment.
    Probably not, as this is a very rare feature that I have never even come across (my Instinct allowed voicemail play to default to speakerphone but that's about it.) Never even seen this before.
    so do you still hold it up to your ear like some people do even when it is in speaker phone mode and loud enough for your dead aunt to hear
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    well you could carry a large battery in a backpack and keep it on a Touchstone 24/7

I really dont see why anyone would want speaker all the time, but different strokes for different folks. Im sure I could come up with a scenario where that would be useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by osidak View Post
    so do you still hold it up to your ear like some people do even when it is in speaker phone mode and loud enough for your dead aunt to hear
    haha

I understand the request, I prefer using speakerphone as well. But I highly doubt this feature will be on the Pre. Maybe there can be an app for it.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by osidak View Post

Of course not! Why would I???
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    speakerphone 24/7??? that's got to be friggin annoying as hell to everyone around you. that's almost as bad as those damn nextel chirp chirp speakerphone knuckleheads. bad practice. please stop. it should be banned and against the law with 40 lashes as punishment.
    If someone is around me, of course I switch to handset mode. Geez, man!
  11. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Had a Storm for a week... no way to default to SP mode.

My current phone, LG8300 allows for that and I love it.

Anyone know yet?
    I hope we sit next to each other in a restaurant when you get a phone call some day.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    well you could carry a large battery in a backpack and keep it on a Touchstone 24/7

I really dont see why anyone would want speaker all the time, but different strokes for different folks. Im sure I could come up with a scenario where that would be useful.

What on earth are you thinking?? Using speaker phone mode in lieu of the handset is not an issue for battery life. I don't spend much time on the phone and even when I do, it's not a large issue for battery life.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    I hope we sit next to each other in a restaurant when you get a phone call some day.
    I don't use speaker phone mode in restaurants.
  14. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I don't use speaker phone mode in restaurants.
    Do you talk loudly on your Bluetooth headset while in line to check out?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Do you talk loudly on your Bluetooth headset while in line to check out?
    I don't own BT. Can't stand them.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    What on earth are you thinking?? Using speaker phone mode in lieu of the handset is not an issue for battery life. I don't spend much time on the phone and even when I do, it's not a large issue for battery life.
    the phone defaults to speaker phone when attached to the touchstone. You said you wanted constant speaker phone, I found you a solution (its a joke).
    LOL really? That's gotta be obnoxious. I don't think I've seen any PDA device with that kind of setting, sounds like something more for a smaller simpler handset.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    the phone defaults to speaker phone when attached to the touchstone. You said you wanted constant speaker phone, I found you a solution (its a joke).

Good grief, have IQ's suddenly dipped on earth since I had lunch today??? All I meant was I don't like how the Storm forces you into handset mode for every call, and you then have to hit the sometimes-disappearing Speaker icon on the screen in order to speak with someone via speakerphone. Quite irritating, to say the least, and no fun when in the car. With my LG, I can hit one button to dial, or do voice dialing, and when the party answers, I'm ALREADY in speaker-phone mode--no need to hit any key or in the case of a touchscreen phone, an icon. The same thing holds true for answering the phone--on the LG, it's always in SP mode unless I hit the option to turn it off. Obviously, if I'm around others I'll use the handset mode. I don't spend much time in checkout lines, nor do I get so many calls that in the few moments I'm in a line, will my phone ring. I get irritated when someone is chatting on their phone in front of me, while the checker cools their heels waiting for the self absorbed bozo to get off their phone and pay, so the line can resume it's forward progress.