1.    #1  
    Think Nokia N95 for a minute, once the phone rings all you do is slide up and it answers. Will the pre have a feature like that?
    Not sure, it would seem so much easier to just hit the screen to answer. I do know that opening the slider puts the screen on but not sure about answering phone calls.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Not sure, it would seem so much easier to just hit the screen to answer. I do know that opening the slider puts the screen on but not sure about answering phone calls.
    I agree but I think the way it curves and angles would be ideal for us to have a comfortable conversation instead of just hitting answer and not utilizing its full potential.
    Since the mic is not located on the slide/keyboard part of the phone, there isn't really a reason to talk with the keyboard open unless you think it's more comfortable.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Since the mic is not located on the slide/keyboard part of the phone, there isn't really a reason to talk with the keyboard open unless you think it's more comfortable.
    Beanis thank you for clarifying that bc I seriously had no idea it wasn't located on the slide part and I'm being serious lol I feel like such a noob.
    Or checking voicemails or calling in for tech support. But then, there's the on screen keypad so you're still ok.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  8.    #8  
    nice Toni! that went completely over my head. Since I'm too lazy to read that entire thread do you know the answer if that feature is at least an option? Thanks
    Up till now that's just speculation.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    Think Nokia N95 for a minute, once the phone rings all you do is slide up and it answers. Will the pre have a feature like that?
    why? so you can look cool when you answer the phone?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    why? so you can look cool when you answer the phone?
    HAHA! Like in the matrix
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    HAHA! Like in the matrix
    no holster or pouch or case or belt clip for you. i don't want you looking like a ******.
  13.    #13  
    I don't know I guess I am just used to my old n95 but I have to keep reminding myself the pre is a touchscreen this is a touchscreen lol
    I think it will be there. I mean, if the slide is already active (doesn't the keyboard light up when the slide is opened?), then it's just software to include the feature, no additional cost really.

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    And it was raised here a while before that. Start at my post #20.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...l-ishness.html

Yeah mic on top part opens up anyone on a call with keyboard extended to accusations of posing. Too bad.
    I’m keeping this bad boy closed unless it’s completely necessary to open it...keeps the unneeded wear and tear to a minimum.
    Nah, when I get mine I won't be able to stop playing with the slide...

Brings back my good old days with the Nokia 8148.