Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 104
  1.    #1  
    ok people... as much as I like hearing about all of the rumors from sprint stores in Fargo, ND and Punxsutawney ,PA its about time we starting getting a little more organized. That being said... does anyone have any info regarding sprint stores in the Los Angeles area? Specifically the San Gabriel Valley?

    I tried calling the Monrovia Store last night only to be told that they would be able to provide more information about the Pre and the launch AFTER the launch has taken place. Then I was thanked and promptly hung up on.

    After!?! Yeah... thanks. That's exactly when I need to know... AFTER everyone one else has one. I want to be the one of the first people to get the Pre. I DO NOT want to be the first one NOT to get the Pre! geez!
  2. #2  
    Pasadena Old town should have some.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyvsp View Post
    ok people... as much as I like hearing about all of the rumors from sprint stores in Fargo, ND and Punxsutawney ,PA its about time we starting getting a little more organized. That being said... does anyone have any info regarding sprint stores in the Los Angeles area? Specifically the San Gabriel Valley?

    I tried calling the Monrovia Store last night only to be told that they would be able to provide more information about the Pre and the launch AFTER the launch has taken place. Then I was thanked and promptly hung up on.

    After!?! Yeah... thanks. That's exactly when I need to know... AFTER everyone one else has one. I want to be the one of the first people to get the Pre. I DO NOT want to be the first one NOT to get the Pre! geez!
    i heard the Compton store is having a special launch party starting at midnight. let us know how you make out, homey.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i heard the Compton store is having a special launch party starting at midnight. let us know how you make out, homey.
    Unfortunately, all the Sprint employees there have already been killed. Sorry

    I am thinking I might stop by some corporate stores in my area next week to ask around, I will let you know what happens.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i heard the Compton store is having a special launch party starting at midnight. let us know how you make out, homey.
    hahaha... yeah booooiiiiii! ok... just some updated info for the LA area. I spoke to a rep from the Pasadena Store and he said that they WERE going to be open on friday from 6-midnight for premier customers but as of a couple of days ago that has since changed. He did put me on a "list" and told me he would hold one for me. We'll see... but I doubt it.

    I also spoke to a rep at the Beverly Center and he confirmed that they were opening on friday from 6-midnight but this was by invite only! I assume this is the location for the Los Angeles area Pre Release Party. He also told me that the only locations that might also do this would be "Sprint Supercenters". There are only 3 in the LA area, Beverly Center, LA Metro, and Panorama City. I'm checking LA Metro and report back.
  6. #6  
    well you can always fly to Fargo or Punxsutawney and get one.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyvsp View Post
    hahaha... yeah booooiiiiii! ok... just some updated info for the LA area. I spoke to a rep from the Pasadena Store and he said that they WERE going to be open on friday from 6-midnight for premier customers but as of a couple of days ago that has since changed. He did put me on a "list" and told me he would hold one for me. We'll see... but I doubt it.

    I also spoke to a rep at the Beverly Center and he confirmed that they were opening on friday from 6-midnight but this was by invite only! I assume this is the location for the Los Angeles area Pre Release Party. He also told me that the only locations that might also do this would be "Sprint Supercenters". There are only 3 in the LA area, Beverly Center, LA Metro, and Panorama City. I'm checking LA Metro and report back.
    I thought they would do the party at the Grove but wait! that store went out of business!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i heard the Compton store is having a special launch party starting at midnight. let us know how you make out, homey.
    thats just wrong....lol...

    i haven't did to much research yet.... i might take a trip to the westwood office next week and see what they have cooking.... if worse comes to worse i'll hit up a radio shack in compton on june 6.... i'm sure there wont be any lines there
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8addicted View Post
    thats just wrong....lol...

    i haven't did to much research yet.... i might take a trip to the westwood office next week and see what they have cooking.... if worse comes to worse i'll hit up a radio shack in compton on june 6.... i'm sure there wont be any lines there
    cool... well. if anyone in the LA area gets any more info on this, please post it here. Thanks everyone!
  10. sevenjim's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #10  
    I'm attending the 5th premiere party at the La Cienega (Beverly Center) store and will most def be purchasing on the spot. While I'm there though, I will get some info for my LA Pre homies about local stock and when the next big shipment is due to arrive. I feel a tad guilty about being there in advance (but only a little), so if you want, I can ask other questions while I'm there. Just let me know what you want me to ask them.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenjim View Post
    i'm attending the 5th premiere party at the la cienega (beverly center) store and will most def be purchasing on the spot. While i'm there though, i will get some info for my la pre homies about local stock and when the next big shipment is due to arrive. I feel a tad guilty about being there in advance (but only a little), so if you want, i can ask other questions while i'm there. Just let me know what you want me to ask them.
    take me with you!!!!!
  12. #12  
    How many guests can you take???
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenjim View Post
    I'm attending the 5th premiere party at the La Cienega (Beverly Center) store and will most def be purchasing on the spot. While I'm there though, I will get some info for my LA Pre homies about local stock and when the next big shipment is due to arrive. I feel a tad guilty about being there in advance (but only a little), so if you want, I can ask other questions while I'm there. Just let me know what you want me to ask them.
    sweet... updated info will be nice

    thanks in advance
  14. #14  
    I went to the Glendale store on Brand Blvd. a couple of days ago and was told that they weren't having a launch party, but the "West Hollywood" store was. It wasn't until I left the store that I realized that they could've been referring to 2 or 3 stores in West Hollywood. I think I'm going to wait a few days and see if anything changes with the Pasadena Old Town store.

    @sonnyvsp: I wouldn't put the Monrovia store out of the running. It's where I got my 755p on Day 1 when half a dozen other stores I tried were sold out. It's a small store, but the surrounding area apparently isn't overrun with early adopters, so they'll probably be less impacted than other stores in LA.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
    I went to the Glendale store on Brand Blvd. a couple of days ago and was told that they weren't having a launch party, but the "West Hollywood" store was. It wasn't until I left the store that I realized that they could've been referring to 2 or 3 stores in West Hollywood. I think I'm going to wait a few days and see if anything changes with the Pasadena Old Town store.

    @sonnyvsp: I wouldn't put the Monrovia store out of the running. It's where I got my 755p on Day 1 when half a dozen other stores I tried were sold out. It's a small store, but the surrounding area apparently isn't overrun with early adopters, so they'll probably be less impacted than other stores in LA.
    The only West Hollywood corporate store is La Cienega Blvd.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
  16. sevenjim's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    How many guests can you take???
    Just one unfortunately. my business partners going with me. she's w/att and is thinkin about the storm. Am hoping she switches. If I could take a fellow Pre-fan as well, I would! But I'll be sure to post photos and/or reviews if there's interest. I don't plan on sleeping the night of the 5th.
  17. #17  
    Also the Old Town Pasadena store I'm sure will have some. That's where I got my Burgundy Treo 755 when it came out on the 1st day, when others didn't have any.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang View Post
    The only West Hollywood corporate store is La Cienega Blvd.
    I'm assuming you're talking about the one near Border's, not the one in the Beverly Center. They were out of the 755p when the Monrovia store had it (I drove there directly from the WH store), but maybe things will be different this time.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i heard the Compton store is having a special launch party starting at midnight. let us know how you make out, homey.
    I heard midnight anywhere is frightening to you honey.
  20. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #20  
    Went to Sprint store and asked about my area. Said they found out not too long ago that they aren't selling on the 5th. Not everyone on the staff knew, either. One guy seemed surprised "We're not??"
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions