Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Anyone have updates on availability? Yesterday, I called the Westwood, Torrance, and La Cienega stores and they are all out.
    It looks like the best bet is to get on a waitlist, I called 8 stores surrounding Covina, and they are all sold out. The funny part is that the non-corporate stores were the nicest while the corporate stores were the rudest. The West Covina store I called was the funniest, it went something like this:

"Hi, I was calling to find out if you have any Palm Pre's in stock but Im highly doubtful you do"
    "Palm Pre? Uhhh no..."
    "Are you getting any in a few days?"
    "No"
    "Yeah I thought so, do you have any idea of your next shipment?"
    "Never"
    "Never? So you're not gonna be getting any Palm Pre's to sell for Sprint's biggest phone launch this year?"
    "Nope we're not getting any ever"
    "Thanks, bye"
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slidez View Post
    It looks like the best bet is to get on a waitlist, I called 8 stores surrounding Covina, and they are all sold out. The funny part is that the non-corporate stores were the nicest while the corporate stores were the rudest. The West Covina store I called was the funniest, it went something like this:

"Hi, I was calling to find out if you have any Palm Pre's in stock but Im highly doubtful you do"
    "Palm Pre? Uhhh no..."
    "Are you getting any in a few days?"
    "No"
    "Yeah I thought so, do you have any idea of your next shipment?"
    "Never"
    "Never? So you're not gonna be getting any Palm Pre's to sell for Sprint's biggest phone launch this year?"
    "Nope we're not getting any ever"
    "Thanks, bye"
    Sent you a PM. Not sure if you got it since it's not in my Sent box. Let me know.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Ok, slidez seems gone. If anybody's interested, I might know a place where we could get a Pre today. But I just moved to LA from Holland, so I don't have transportation. If you can pick me up in Hollywood we can drive there. It's in south LA.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I'd help, but I can't even buy a Pre right now. Anyway I'd recommend just using public transport since you're in hollywood going to south LA. Should be pretty quick if you use the red and blue line then a bus to get to the store.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    I'd help, but I can't even buy a Pre right now. Anyway I'd recommend just using public transport since you're in hollywood going to south LA. Should be pretty quick if you use the red and blue line then a bus to get to the store.
    Actually, I'm in Valley Village (NoHo) right now, so I'd have to take the metro to Hollywood. I'm pretty sure I won't make it within the two hours they'll hold it for me if I use public transport. Thanks for the tip though.

If you drive me I'll let you play with it.. Hell, I'd even pay someone to drive me there..

I guess it's a bit too far fetched. I'll probably just have to wait until my local Sprint store gets a new shipment.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Actually, I'm in Valley Village (NoHo) right now, so I'd have to take the metro to Hollywood. I'm pretty sure I won't make it within the two hours they'll hold it for me if I use public transport. Thanks for the tip though.

If you drive me I'll let you play with it.. Hell, I'd even pay someone to drive me there..

I guess it's a bit too far fetched. I'll probably just have to wait until my local Sprint store gets a new shipment.
    You Europeans are way to free and trusting This is LA, you can't trust anybody I envy your morality sir.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    You Europeans are way to free and trusting This is LA, you can't trust anybody I envy your morality sir.
    Yeah, I probably should've known there were some sex offenders here on precentral. Thanks for warning me..
    FYI, for those out in the East LA area, I picked up a Pre today at the Rosemead Radio Shack (3628 Rosemead Blvd) - they had a bunch in stock, no crowds (no one in the store really), super friendly. In and out in <30min (I checked for dead pixels before I left, there was one guy who popped in to exchange his Pre while I was there).

I had stopped by the Santa Anita Mall Sprint Store earlier where there was a 20 person waiting list, so this was a pleasant surprise. If you're hot to trot for picking up a Pre, I'd recommend giving some of the Radio Shack's around town a try. Sounds like they're stocked up!
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fwiffo View Post
    FYI, for those out in the East LA area, I picked up a Pre today at the Rosemead Radio Shack (3628 Rosemead Blvd) - they had a bunch in stock, no crowds (no one in the store really), super friendly. In and out in <30min (I checked for dead pixels before I left, there was one guy who popped in to exchange his Pre while I was there).

I had stopped by the Santa Anita Mall Sprint Store earlier where there was a 20 person waiting list, so this was a pleasant surprise. If you're hot to trot for picking up a Pre, I'd recommend giving some of the Radio Shack's around town a try. Sounds like they're stocked up!
    Did they have enough to be sure they'll have some tomorrow?
    Dunno, why not give them a ring? There are a couple more Radio Shacks on Rosemead/Baldwin as well if you're out there.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Dunno, why not give them a ring? There are a couple more Radio Shacks on Rosemead/Baldwin as well if you're out there.
    I would, but it's a 1 hour drive and I want to be there when they open.
    Ha, honestly, it didn't seem all that busy. I'd give you 10:1 odds they'd have some in stock. Seemed like they had a few, and not much foot traffic. Either way, good luck!
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Ha, honestly, it didn't seem all that busy. I'd give you 10:1 odds they'd have some in stock. Seemed like they had a few, and not much foot traffic. Either way, good luck!
    I'll just call them in the morning and ask them to hold one for me. I figured that would be the smartest.. I hope.. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    If this helps anyone, try calling Radio Shack. Since there's plenty around you might get lucky, as they seem to be getting shipments this week. I got lucky yesterday after calling 3 shacks, one in Long Beach had a new shipment and picked it up after work.

Good luck
    - J
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jerich007 View Post
    If this helps anyone, try calling Radio Shack. Since there's plenty around you might get lucky, as they seem to be getting shipments this week. I got lucky yesterday after calling 3 shacks, one in Long Beach had a new shipment and picked it up after work.

Good luck
    - J
    +1

I tried a couple of RS in my neighborhood. The first one said he should get 4 today and to call back in 10 min. The second one had 5 yesterday and one left.
    Hi. I am looking for Palm Pre. Is there anybody know where I can find one in Los Angeles?
    I tried BB & Radioshak near my home, but none of them have stock
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    +1

I tried a couple of RS in my neighborhood. The first one said he should get 4 today and to call back in 10 min. The second one had 5 yesterday and one left.
    Hi bruba,

Would you mind share the places that you tried?

Thanks in advance
    Woo. I scored another Pre (for my bro) at Best Buy in Downey about 4 hours ago. I don't know how many they had in stock but I don't think they had many. The sales person didn't even know they had any (She said they were all out but I told her it said on their website that it was in stock at that store so she got off her chair, checked in the cabinet and pulled one out).
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tlRmfj View Post
    Hi bruba,

Would you mind share the places that you tried?

Thanks in advance
    5160 Vineland Ave #111
    and
    10110 Riverside Dr.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast