Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyvsp View Post
    ok people... as much as I like hearing about all of the rumors from sprint stores in Fargo, ND and Punxsutawney ,PA its about time we starting getting a little more organized. That being said... does anyone have any info regarding sprint stores in the Los Angeles area? Specifically the San Gabriel Valley?

I tried calling the Monrovia Store last night only to be told that they would be able to provide more information about the Pre and the launch AFTER the launch has taken place. Then I was thanked and promptly hung up on.

After!?! Yeah... thanks. That's exactly when I need to know... AFTER everyone one else has one. I want to be the one of the first people to get the Pre. I DO NOT want to be the first one NOT to get the Pre! geez!
    Have you tried calling the Baldwin Park store or the Arcadia store inside the Santa Anita Mall. Can anyone call these stores and check?
    I think the only pre launch party in the LA area is the La cienega store. You have to have an invitation (so stay away so i can get mine). I have a hunch that anybody that wants one on launch day will get one.
  3.    #23  
    ok... update! I had a crazy experience with the sprint store last night in Monrovia. But I'll give you the short version. The sales reps were a-holes with me about getting info on store hours for launch day and how much the Pre would cost me with my upgrade. When i tried to talk to a manager about he turned out to be an a-hole too! What really pissed me off was when the store manager told me if I wasn't going to buy anything I needed to leave. I expect that type of customer service from a liquor store or bodega in the ghetto but not from Sprint! what the hell?!?

So then I call customer service and told them my experience and raised hell and after an hour and a half, and 5 people (i had to call twice because my call was disconnected) they ended up giving me a credit on my account! So this just goes to show you that even if the crappy minimum wage ghetto a** sales reps at the sprint store may not care about your business, sprint customer care still does.

So... thank you Monrovia store! if it wasn't for your inept sales skills and bad customer service I wouldn't be half way to my Pre! The only problem now is that I have go to Pasadena to buy my Pre.
    ok... update! I had a crazy experience with the sprint store last night in Monrovia. But I'll give you the short version. The sales reps were a-holes with me about getting info on store hours for launch day and how much the Pre would cost me with my upgrade. When i tried to talk to a manager about he turned out to be an a-hole too! What really pissed me off was when the store manager told me if I wasn't going to buy anything I needed to leave. I expect that type of customer service from a liquor store or bodega in the ghetto but not from Sprint! what the hell?!?

So then I call customer service and told them my experience and raised hell and after an hour and a half, and 5 people (i had to call twice because my call was disconnected) they ended up giving me a credit on my account! So this just goes to show you that even if the crappy minimum wage ghetto a** sales reps at the sprint store may not care about your business, sprint customer care still does.

So... thank you Monrovia store! if it wasn't for your inept sales skills and bad customer service I wouldn't be half way to my Pre! The only problem now is that I have go to Pasadena to buy my Pre.

Sounds like typical Los Angles Sprint employees
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  6.    #26  
    gekko- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!! That's exactly what I felt like doing! Thanks a lot! I needed that!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Thanks Gekko!! Love that scene!!
    i've called a grip of stores in LA and no one has any info. Some say they're doing lists, some say they're not, some say its first come first serve. Some say they dont know if they're getting any. Its a ****ing mess.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenjim View Post
    Just one unfortunately. my business partners going with me. she's w/att and is thinkin about the storm. Am hoping she switches. If I could take a fellow Pre-fan as well, I would! But I'll be sure to post photos and/or reviews if there's interest. I don't plan on sleeping the night of the 5th.
    Make sure you get the referral fee if she switches.
    I went into the store that is down the street from my house today and was told 8am sales on the 6th is by invatation only?? WTH?
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I went into the store that is down the street from my house today and was told 8am sales on the 6th is by invatation only?? WTH?
    by your house where?! and how are they sending out invitations?

I'm going to check out the Best Buys in duarte and pasadena and see if I can get any info on how many units they expect to get.
    by your house where?! and how are they sending out invitations?

I'm going to check out the Best Buys in duarte and pasadena and see if I can get any info on how many units they expect to get.
    In the city. She didn't say anything else about the invitations. I am going to go to a few more stores and try and poke around tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8addicted View Post
    thats just wrong....lol...

i haven't did to much research yet.... i might take a trip to the westwood office next week and see what they have cooking.... if worse comes to worse i'll hit up a radio shack in compton on june 6.... i'm sure there wont be any lines there
    Actually there is a good chance there will be chalk lines.

I am glad you got a credit. Good for you, even though it took a bit of considerable effort. Personally, I avoid my Sprint Store like the plague. Every single employee I have ever had face to face communication with has been a complete jerk. The last time I was there (last June), I flat out asked the guy, "do they train you to be rude?" and walked out.

I hope Best Buy will have a Pre for me, cause I don't want to give any of those jerks in my Sprint Store any commission payment!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    The question is, will Ari Gold be sporting a shiny new Pre this season?
    I'm trying to figure out what we're gonna do. My bro went to Best Buy for the Instinct last year, and we were thinking of doing the same this year. I wonder if he's gotten the e-mail invite from Sprint.
  17.    #37  
    ok... does anyone have any more updates for the Los Angeles Area? or has everyone already decided which store to line up in? The Best Buy info was great but no Pasadena/Duarte/or West Covina stores on there and I don't think I want to take my chances with 16 Pre's in Glendale and Burbank!
    i don't know about you guys, but i kinda feel like their not going to be a sellout all of PREs.... The only people i see excited & ready to campout or go on launch day are big nerds like us. And i just don't see that many of us in the real world!
    I refuse to camp out. I will be sleeping in on Saturday. There are over 5 stores in my area so I am not worried

Aliso Viejo sprint guy said they would have "plenty" on Saturday morning (take that for what it's worth). I am going to drive by around 10pm Friday night to see what's up. if no one's in line, I will go home and get some sleep and get there at 6am with coffee and a bagel and a paper to read.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast