1.    #1  
    As the title says...just wondering if we have to pay for that service like iPhone owners do on Mobile Me. Has anyone read anything about that?
    Highly doubt that. i have heard it does it automatically every night. no mention of cost though.
  3.    #3  
    There better not be a cost...just another one up against Apple.
    Data backup should be free and ongoing through a number of supported partners, Google being one of more popular.
    i think it's free and backup data resides on palm's servers. we probably won't know for sure until launch.
    But by data I don't think they mean your programs. Probably just your settings and contacts etc, so little in the way of taking up space.
    Is the data backup that big of a deal if your info is in the cloud? Google handles my email and calendar. Remember the Milk handles my tasks. Evernote handles my notes. If my phone crashed all of my data is still available to sync online.

Apps - that is another story. I'd had to lose my apps with a phone crash while I'm on the road somewhere.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman View Post
    Is the data backup that big of a deal if your info is in the cloud? Google handles my email and calendar. Remember the Milk handles my tasks. Evernote handles my notes. If my phone crashed all of my data is still available to sync online.

Apps - that is another story. I'd had to lose my apps with a phone crash while I'm on the road somewhere.
    redundancy. backups of the backups in case of FUBAR.
    The Sprint pre-launch pdf that's linked to in another thread says this:

Can I do an Over the Air backup of my data?
    Palm services back up device preferences, account settings and applications. Account data is not
    backed up because your information is already backed up on your particular service’s server. And
    restoring your information is simple. Just enter your profile information on the new/reset device.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    The Sprint pre-launch pdf that's linked to in another thread says this:

Can I do an Over the Air backup of my data?
    Palm services back up device preferences, account settings and applications. Account data is not
    backed up because your information is already backed up on your particular service’s server. And
    restoring your information is simple. Just enter your profile information on the new/reset device.
    We'll just assume it's free then....I hope? Cool that the Apps are backed up too.
  11. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    It costs $199.99 to utilize this feature.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    It costs $199.99 to utilize this feature.
    For most of us....for some it's more. I suppose if you look at it this way, it's not really free, huh? lol
    I sort of wonder exactly how much information palm will be getting and if they are going the TIVO route and selling it.
  14. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    I sort of wonder exactly how much information palm will be getting and if they are going the TIVO route and selling it.
    I'd better not have tv commercials between my data
    Big thing backup will do is remember your preferences and email settings. Won't back up emails but will backup settings to setup your account upon reset.