Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here's the situation: I called my local Sprint store asking general questions about the Pre. I asked about the rebate and how many they think they will be getting things of that nature. Bestbuy came up and she immediately said, and I quote, " they will not have any stock on launch day". "They" being Bestbuy. Then I say "so if I call Bestbuy they will tell me they aren't gonna have any stock on launch day", she said emphatically "Yes". I'm thinking to myself they really do want you to come to their store to buy because they know a large majority wont mail in those rebates. If I were misinformed or better yet uninformed I would have made it my business to be at that retail store as soon possible on launch day, being that they are the only ones who will have it. That is pretty shady business if you ask me.

Note: That being said I will still be getting my Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy_Lina View Post
    Here's the situation: I called my local Sprint store asking general questions about the Pre. I asked about the rebate and how many they think they will be getting things of that nature. Bestbuy came up and she immediately said, and I quote, " they will not have any stock on launch day". "They" being Bestbuy. Then I say "so if I call Bestbuy they will tell me they aren't gonna have any stock on launch day", she said emphatically "Yes". I'm thinking to myself they really do want you to come to their store to buy because they know a large majority wont mail in those rebates. If I were misinformed or better yet uninformed I would have made it my business to be at that retail store as soon possible on launch day, being that they are the only ones who will have it. That is pretty shady business if you ask me.

Note: That being said I will still be getting my Pre!

Not all Best Buys are getting the Pre so she could be correct depending on location.
    i think you should go down to the Sprint store and raise some hell. but please don't give anyone a beat down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i think you should go down to the Sprint store and raise some hell. but please don't give anyone a beat down.
    Last time I did that with my 700p, the "manager" kicked me out of the store for complaining that the 700p did not work. I called Sprint and they fired the *******. Turns out he was not the manager.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Last time I did that with my 700p, the "manager" kicked me out of the store for complaining that the 700p did not work. I called Sprint and they fired the *******. Turns out he was not the manager.
    what were you complaining about?
    She may not have been lying, but instead just plain didn't know (or was misinformed herself). There is so much misinformation flying around, even within the Sprint sales associate ranks!
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    what were you complaining about?
    700p. Sprint thought that by giving me 5 different refurbished ones, my problems would go away.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Sassy_Lina, if you do this, PLEASE make sure someone is taping it
    sassy lina = classy diva! She's a lover not a fighter and uses her brains instead of her fists but I would so love to see her open a can of whoop *** LMAO
    I think he meant what about the 700p were you complaining about. But given it was the 700p it could've been numerous things.
    700p. Sprint thought that by giving me 5 different refurbished ones, my problems would go away.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I think he meant what about the 700p were you complaining about. But given it was the 700p it could've been numerous things.
    Ah, yes, Bluetooth, Freezing, Crashing, Dropping calls. Need I say more... 700p was definitely the low point of Palm.

I'm not surprised. Sprint people seem to have been told to lie about the Pre, or they really are as 100% clueless as people say.

I say the first one is correct, unless Sprint really wants to **** off customers with useless sales staff. But both are actually very annoying IMO.

I think I'm going to wait and see if they screw up the launch on the 6th. There are too many reports of confusion.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    more so the low point for the company and not the OS. The 700p was my first real foray into using a treo (don't count my 270 as I only had it briefly. Palm (well the Palm OS) was doing just fine on my i500 and had me anxiously awaiting the i550. If Sprint didn't screw it up, the Centro would've been my first and only "Treo".
    Ah, yes, Bluetooth, Freezing, Crashing, Dropping calls. Need I say more... 700p was definitely the low point of Palm.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Not all Best Buys are getting the Pre so she could be correct depending on location.
    There's a difference saying that not all Bestbuy stores will have it at launch and saying that Bestbuy will not have it at launch. Big difference.

But whatever, i don't see the big deal here at all. Sprint stores and BBY mobile have a love-hate relationship due to BBY making all rebates instant (new signups or upgrades) and siphoning a huge amount of activations (and potential commissions and spiffs) away.

I never walk into one >.< or the other >.< in my uniform.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    I doubt the person really lied to be deceitful; more like they're sick of being hounded about something they can't talk about or have been told 45 times to not talk about.

I called up my Sprint store and asked about the launch parties / launch on the 5th late in the day situation and the woman sounded shocked, and then said that they had "absolutely nothing to say on the matter" like it was some sort of question of national security.

Sometimes you need to just get told "no." Do you honestly expect them to drop secrets just because you asked?
    I have a better question. How about "does Sprint want to actually sell the Pre or keep it locked up for themselves"?

The secrecy over even innocent issues is seriously annoying. It's a phone!!!

Apple and AT&T do this too, and it's just as stupid.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian
    There's a difference saying that not all Bestbuy stores will have it at launch and saying that Bestbuy will not have it at launch. Big difference.
    They may have been referring to a specific Best Buy due to Sassy_Lina's comment suggesting "if [she] call(s) Bestbuy they will tell me they aren't gonna have any stock on launch day."

Or they may have simply been misinformed. Eh, they likely haven't known the fine details too much longer than we have. Still, they have a couple weeks to get everything in order.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I have a better question. How about "does Sprint want to actually sell the Pre or keep it locked up for themselves"?

The secrecy over even innocent issues is seriously annoying. It's a phone!!!

Apple and AT&T do this too, and it's just as stupid.

The only people making it stupid are the ones trying to get every last bit of information that ISN'T AVAILABLE YET.

They refuse to sit and wait to find out and have to know right now so naturally rumors and misinformation get spread like wild fire because patience is a lost virtue and for some reason everyone seems to think they have a right to know everything the second they want to know it.

We know the phones will go on sale the 6th.

We know that anyone the pre-registered on the site will get an email telling them they can get the phone.

We are fairly certain it will be like the Instinct release and those that get the email can buy it a day early. Perhaps from specific stores, perhaps any of them.

That is like 99% of the details right there.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    The only people making it stupid are the ones trying to get every last bit of information that ISN'T AVAILABLE YET...
    Very true!

Some people seem to get just a little too eager when it comes to not-yet-public information. Once the phone is released, everything will be known; best to let things sort themselves out prior to the release to avoid the inevitable bits of misinformation that will only end up causing more upset.

General statement - No insult intended.
    Last edited by Sayo; 05/23/2009 at 07:30 PM.
    How is the price an existing customer needs to pay still in dispute when we're 2 weeks away from launch?

How is "is there a waiting list or not, and will it be honored" info that's not available yet?

How can there still be confusion over plans for existing customers?

And last, there's no need to mislead about Best Buy. You think people can't find that out just by going online?

Yes, Sprint is making this a PITA for no reason. Quit making excuses for them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast