Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I wouldn't even THINK about attempting to invalidate someone else's experiences but I think I can flat-out say that the 755p did not have the same problems as the 700p. Far from it.

Individual users may have had certain comparable issues here or there (not that I heard of any) but 700p foul-up was on a monumental scale. The 755p's shortcomings never really compared to that.

This could probably be confirmed by checking the number of posts and articles on TreoCentral about the 700p then look at those that are about the 755p, if anyone's interested.
    Yeah, I had 2 buggy 700pʻs, it had problems I never saw reported for the 755p, sad to say I donʻt miss the 700p at all. My new iPhone on the other hand works pretty much flawlessly, and itʻs designed to work with my Mac so I donʻt even need to buy Missing Sync to get it working

Anyhoo, Iʻm actually hoping the Pre works really well, because Iʻm hoping the Preʻs Flash support will get ATT and Apple to stop holding up Flash on the iPhone, not having Flash is my only real complaint
    garinballbarin
    Individual users may have had certain comparable issues here or there (not that I heard of any) but 700p foul-up was on a monumental scale. The 755p's shortcomings never really compared to that.
    OTY I know, but I don't know what was wrong with me but with the exception of failed headphone ports (and palm saying it wasn't a warranty flaw despite later learning it happened to huge numbers of people), we loved our 700p's and put them through a lot of abuse which they survived. And to boot I sold them two years later for more than I bought them for!
    I wouldn't even THINK about attempting to invalidate someone else's experiences but I think I can flat-out say that the 755p did not have the same problems as the 700p. Far from it.

This could probably be confirmed by checking the number of posts and articles on TreoCentral about the 700p then look at those that are about the 755p, if anyone's interested.
    My uncle had a 700p and Sprint upgraded him to a 755 which they kindly did NOT do for me and he had exactly the same problems with his 700p. Just talking about my experiences here...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Am I the only one who thinks it odd that the OP asked a Sprint employee about Best Buy practices? That said, the Sprint employee should have said, "I don't know what Best Buy plans to do."
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnutty View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks it odd that the OP asked a Sprint employee about Best Buy practices? That said, the Sprint employee should have said, "I don't know what Best Buy plans to do."
    Get your facts straight. I never said I said anything about bestbuy I said it came up. For the record rebates came up and she blurted out about bestbuy not having stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy_Lina View Post
    Get your facts straight. I never said I said anything about bestbuy I said it came up. For the record rebates came up and she blurted out about bestbuy not having stock.
    Yeah, I definitely understood what you said. And ya know, I called telesales the other day to ask if they have straightforward pricing or if they do main-in-rebates. The rep gave me a mini-speech about how they are required to do MIR and that it is not possible to have it applied as an instant saving. I simply told him that I was going to attempt to buy it at Best Buy because there is no mail-in rebates, no hassles. I prefer having the instant savings, meaning the price you see is the price you get.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    I will agree that the sprint reps really have no idea. I stopped in at a local Sprint store in San Diego and the reps told me the launch date was June 7th.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjones302 View Post
    I will agree that the sprint reps really have no idea. I stopped in at a local Sprint store in San Diego and the reps told me the launch date was June 7th.
    yes and don't forget you Democrats that voting day is on Nov 4 this year.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123