Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Stopped by my local corporate store today. I called a few weeks ago and got on the "the list". I stopped by in person last weekend to confirm. Today they say no list--only official list is the e-mail notication on sprint.com. He claims that we'll be notified which store to go to get our Pre. He can't say that it will be the closest store to me, or even that I'll get one on the 6th (understandable--he doesn't know where I am "in line" on the sprint.com notification list). But this just sucks. He's saying he doesn't know how many he'll get and that Sprint will tell him who gets them. I find this hard to believe.
    well i know for sure that waiting lists dont count. it's always first come first served. even if they tell you you're on a waiting list...it's a lie...they will not hold a phone for you...just wont happen. the email thing is still just a rumor but more than likely just like the instinct launch people who signed up will get an email saying that they can purchase early if they show their email. now the email saying what store to go to...thats news to me...this is the first time im hearing that rumor.
    These lists were purely informal, on a store-by-store basis. It's been known for a while that they would not be honored, specially since regional managers began explicitly telling the stores not to do it.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    don't have the Instinct (new to Sprint when I get the Pre), but if you're telling me that's what they did for Instinct, it does give me SOME comfort. Thanks.

But even so, I think that it's terrible that there's not a "party line" that everyone follows... poor communications from a company that makes its money on communications is really ironic.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    and if people work on commissions you can't tell someone not to honor lists...they will sell to whomever they fell is the most certain sale
    Quote Originally Posted by kgirl58 View Post
    don't have the Instinct (new to Sprint when I get the Pre), but if you're telling me that's what they did for Instinct, it does give me SOME comfort. Thanks.

But even so, I think that it's terrible that there's not a "party line" that everyone follows... poor communications from a company that makes its money on communications is really ironic.
    They don't have a choice, they also don't want 100 people standing in line two days early only to leave pissed off and with no phone.

Anything they say or do will be posted 5 minutes later on every blog site for everyone to view. So they don't want to let it slip, they don't want the emails to go out 2 weeks early so everyone and their brother can photo shop it and show up when in fact they never signed up.

They have a sign up list on the Sprint Pre site that is your best bet. Not a single one of us is entitled to getting the Pre on launch, fact is many of us may not get it at launch.

Guess what? There will be more shortly after that so who cares? The world won't end.

So sign up on the sprint website and prepare yourself in case you don't get it.

I know one thing, I won't bother with this site if supply is anything remotely short because the *****ing will be epic.
    first come first serve will cut down on the drama at the stores.... you know if there was a list and everyone knew about the list ppl that didn't sign up will be in the stores *****ing that they are on the list and they want their Pre now...lol
    It begins! A random employee tells a customer you're on the waiting list, and Sprint as a company sucks for it when their policy was the same the whole time.

::sigh::
    I called my local Sprint store a few days ago and asked about a waiting list and the woman told me they have one but it doesn't mean anything, they just put people on it to get them to stop bugging them.
    First come, first serve, that's why if there is no pre-sale on the 5th, I'll be there at 7 a.m. on the 6th.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    It begins! A random employee tells a customer you're on the waiting list, and Sprint as a company sucks for it when their policy was the same the whole time.

::sigh::
    How about employees quit making up and just tell the truth? That reflects badly on Sprint. If there's no waiting list or they can't honor one, just say so and make sure employees quit telling people there is one!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    I called my local Sprint store a few days ago and asked about a waiting list and the woman told me they have one but it doesn't mean anything, they just put people on it to get them to stop bugging them.
    First come, first serve, that's why if there is no pre-sale on the 5th, I'll be there at 7 a.m. on the 6th.
    I could see where this would actually cause them more headaches.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    How about employees quit making up and just tell the truth? That reflects badly on Sprint. If there's no waiting list or they can't honor one, just say so and make sure employees quit telling people there is one!
    Yep
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by kgirl58 View Post

These were existing customers too, I believe. I could be wrong.

But, I was one of them