Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just being curious. Is there any one or two things that would stop you from getting a PRE? Maybe something about Sprint and an apparent lack of knowledge of their associates. Or about Palm. I already saw one thing about corporate pre-orders for the PRE. So, what would make you change your mind or is a PRE that important to put up with anything.
    If I don't like it, I'll return it.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Product quality. What I mean is that if it feels cheap or theres any hint that the slider is in danger of being loose.
    Quality, if it runs too slow or locks up (As the Rant did). Plus I'm really looking for a phone that runs sprint music stor- on the phone. I haven't heard or read whether this one does or not. But even if it doesn't I'm still getting the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by preforme View Post
    Just being curious. Is there any one or two things that would stop you from getting a PRE? Maybe something about Sprint and an apparent lack of knowledge of their associates. Or about Palm. I already saw one thing about corporate pre-orders for the PRE. So, what would make you change your mind or is a PRE that important to put up with anything.
    Why is corporate pre orders a deal breaker for you?
    I know I'll be waiting at least 2 month to make sure the inconsistent quality of the Treo line is not on the Pre.
    email is a big factor for me...
    The only deal break for me is if I cant get one.
    depending on the reviews that come out before the phone

and most likely will wait the two days to see what apple and att do.....if they drop their plan rates it will get interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by CrayolaKid View Post
    Quality, if it runs too slow or locks up (As the Rant did). Plus I'm really looking for a phone that runs sprint music stor- on the phone. I haven't heard or read whether this one does or not. But even if it doesn't I'm still getting the Pre.
    It doesn't run the sprint music store.... It uses Amazon MP3.
    I have to stay with Att.
    If a Gsm Pre came out, I'd only get it if an Onscreen kb was available.
    I might get the Eos, but I'm pretty content with Wm. I have no real anxiousness for the Pre except for wanting Palm to succeed.
  12. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    If I buy it and discover it has a slide out keyboard I will certainly return it.
    If it crashes every other time someone calls like my current 755p does.
    Isn't it interesting how many of these posters are new and are on their first or first few posts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
    Isn't it interesting how many of these posters are new and are on their first or first few posts?
    This place has exploded with new registers.
    I know.... OT.

Another deal breaker for me, if I was getting the Pre, It had better be an amazing phone.
    Bell & Whistles don't make up for a 'so-so' phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by xyg View Post
    if i buy it and discover it has a slide out keyboard i will certainly return it.
    hahhahhahaha!

:d
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Considering it's the best phone in the Sprint line-up, I can't imagine there being a minor reason for not owning one. If it crashes more than my Centro, if it fails me on a work related action or if Sprint adds on some mysterious and greedy charges, I'd most likely return it and go to another provider or hold out for an Android on Sprint. But, nothing I've seen will prevent me from buying immediately. It looks insanely good. And just to note, my personal experience with Sprint CS is much improved. They've gotten far better in the past year or so and have been very helpful My only reason to ditch them would be for a better phone... Problem solved.
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    This place has exploded with new registers.
    I know.... OT.

Another deal breaker for me, if I was getting the Pre, It had better be an amazing phone.
    Bell & Whistles don't make up for a 'so-so' phone.
    I agree...you get used to the bells/whistles after awhile...then it just becomes "your phone" and needs to work like one...
    Quote Originally Posted by N1t0 View Post
    Product quality. What I mean is that if it feels cheap or theres any hint that the slider is in danger of being loose.
    +1, build quality is huge with me, it has to have a solid feel and give no indication that the slider will not last. Most importantly though is the software, it needs to work out of the box as promised. I purchased the Storm when it came out and I don't want to have to go through that again.
    Moderate Mind Changers:
    1. No Tethering (I can do this on WMWifirouter anytime I want on my TP)
    2. More than double my current monthly rate
    3. Doesn't have flash (Yet, although Adobe is supposedly working on it right now)
    4. Having to re-purchase apps I want, abandon apps I purchased on WM
    5. Still uncertain whether it supports AIM, MSN, and Gtalk, or just a subset (I know Google talk is supported, but I don't know which of the others work)

None of those are definite deal breakers, but they're the things that are making me think twice about whether it's worth it to wait in line or spend hours on the phone with Telesalses seeing if I can switch to EPRP.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast