Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    To be fair, synergy is more than contacts. Messaging is part of it as well as calendars and email. I think it'll get fine tuned as it goes though. The concept is still a good one.

VV can be an app. Granted, i'd rather it be palm's app, but whatever works.

Sounds i don't care about, but given that many seem to care, it sounds like an update away. Yahoo, MSN, displaying contacts, just sounds like stuff that could get added later, if not at launch.

I don't expect perfection out the door. We sure didn't get it with other devices or OS's. I'm sure the iphone will see its share of problems during the 3.0 period.

Everybody keeps saying "wait for an update". Judging Palms track record with updates, it might be a very long wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Everybody keeps saying "wait for an update". Judging Palms track record with updates, it might be a very long wait.
    You should be down with that since that is Apple's motto.

True, palm doesn't have a good history with updates, but this is a new animal altogether with a new system in place to pump out updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    You should be down with that since that is Apple's motto.

True, palm doesn't have a good history with updates, but this is a new animal altogether with a new system in place to pump out updates.
    Apple just had a huge event a few months ago to discuss their major upgrade. If Palm handles upgrades any way like Palm does, Pre users would be very happy.
    Cost. Still lots of speculation going around, and I want to see how it all shakes out.
    The Instinct has received quite a few updates for Sprint's native apps as well as the browser and overall. If people have big issues, Sprint will work with Palm to get solutions out there. They were pretty good listening with the Instinct. People complained about the browser, about the TV app, about no IM app and more and Sprint always came through, even if they didn't always hit the nail on the head.

We'll have to wait and see.
    Keyboard is probably the only thing for me - if I can't learn to live with it in a week or two, then I'll return it. Other than that, everything else looks great.
    I might have to stop reading the boards here for the next few days, because I am now starting to see things that are turning me off to the Pre.

Synergy is a disaster, no visual voicemail, and other things like.....

- can I choose the sound for email and text notifications?
    - cant display my contacts as last name, first name.
    - Yahoo and MSN messenger dont look to be supported
    I fail to see where synergy is a disaster. VVM I'll give you - not that I ever used it -but there may be alternatives - voice to text etc. As for others?

- fairly sure that you will be able to select tones, noises, maybe even MP3s for notifications.
    - I don't think I understand what you mean regarding contacts Weren't contacts listed by last name in the emulator demo? I know you can't group them, but universal search helps there.
    - Yeah, I wanted to see Yahoo! in the importating contact section. Oh. well, I will have to import them to GMail, looks like. As for the IM, this seems like something that could be done via application, no?

I am a little cheesed off by some of the other limitations in the apps - no Google street view or Google latitude, no video recording, no voice recording, no flash, etc. But I feel fairly confident they will address these things. And since the OS is Palm's new savior, I am hopeful updates, add on and apps will come to fill in the gaps.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123