Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    the only thing that would stop me from getting a Pre is dying of anticipation
    Nothing is stopping me.. even if I have to go jack lil' cross-eyed bobby and grab his.
    A botched launch or poor customer service at the Sprint store when I step in to purchase one.

The device will be returned if
    Call quality is poor.
    The device is unstable. Obviously the once in a blue moon crash is ok. But if it goes down anymore then my iTouch or Centro, it's going back. I had a few early WM phones... yuck.
    Lack of visual voicemail. Absolute deal breaker.
    I've read enough reviews that I've already made up my mind. I'm getting the Pre. The three things that might bug me enough to return it: (1) major instability - it's got to work; (2) voice/signal quality - I need to make phone calls at my home; and (3) battery life - it needs to be at least "ok" on battery life.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Definitely battery life, if it doesn't last the whole day like the G1, then that's it...I'm not going to buy an extended battery or swap out mid-day, that's kinda ridiculous, I'll put it on sale on eBay and get a different phone.

And if it's insanely buggy, as in worse than the BB Storm launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    Definitely battery life, if it doesn't last the whole day like the G1, then that's it...I'm not going to buy an extended battery or swap out mid-day, that's kinda ridiculous, I'll put it on sale on eBay and get a different phone.

Unless mophie comes out with something for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post

Wow, "worse than"? If this thing is half as buggy as the Storm...bye bye Pre, I'll see you in 6-8 months when Palm releases the Pre II.
    Quote Originally Posted by BulletT00TH View Post
    Wow, "worse than"? If this thing is half as buggy as the Storm...bye bye Pre, I'll see you in 6-8 months when Palm releases the Pre II.
    Well, around the Storm's mess factor. That can always be fixed with an update so it's not too much of an issue in my mind, unless it's absolutely horrible and unusable. The main issue is battery life.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    if it only came in pink. And thats just a maybe deal breaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    If I buy it and discover it has a slide out keyboard I will certainly return it.
    Save yourself the trip, it does.
  12. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    save yourself the trip, it does.
    i don"t beleive you ur lying!@@!
    Quote Originally Posted by preforme View Post
    Just being curious. Is there any one or two things that would stop you from getting a PRE?
    Having to increase my monthly bill by $50 or more. No I'm not on a SERO plan.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    If there aren't any available.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoodyDragon View Post
    Lack of visual voicemail. Absolute deal breaker.
    By Visual Voicemail do you mean text of your voice messages? Try Google Voice.

My deal breaker is not having access to Call Cards (ShSh Software) or some similar application that will allow me to create a string whereby calls to certain area codes will automatically dial a Telephone card number or Google Voice to keep lomg distance charges at a penny or two a minute.

I currently use Call Cards to automatically take advantage of Google Voice to process all long distance calls and the switching cost would be thousands of dollars for me over the life of the phone. I have contacted the developer and he remains uncertain "what level of exposure Palm gives developers of telephony functions".

The flexibility and ease of use of this feature (for people who call long distance) in a cell phone cannot be underestimated.
    Since I am waiting until feburary,
    If something better comes along, that might be the deal breaker for me. (I know thats outside the scope of what you are asking, but most of the things people are mentioning here can be fixed - the main exception being build quality.)
    I am still eying Android, I already have a ton of WinMo apps.....so, if a phone trumped the Pre in a lot of ways, It could be a deal breaker.

Oh wait......I forgot I am apparently a fanboi........I take it all back....
    I might have to stop reading the boards here for the next few days, because I am now starting to see things that are turning me off to the Pre.

Synergy is a disaster, no visual voicemail, and other things like.....

- can I choose the sound for email and text notifications?
    - cant display my contacts as last name, first name.
    - Yahoo and MSN messenger dont look to be supported
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I might have to stop reading the boards here for the next few days, because I am now starting to see things that are turning me off to the Pre.

Synergy is a disaster, no visual voicemail, and other things like.....

- can I choose the sound for email and text notifications?
    - cant display my contacts as last name, first name.
    - Yahoo and MSN messenger dont look to be supported

You know.....I was starting to think the same thing.
    And that DOES bring up a deal breaker.......tweakability. Can we fanaggle our way around things like you mentioned? Or are we basically stuck with very few preferences.
    To be fair, synergy is more than contacts. Messaging is part of it as well as calendars and email. I think it'll get fine tuned as it goes though. The concept is still a good one.

VV can be an app. Granted, i'd rather it be palm's app, but whatever works.

Sounds i don't care about, but given that many seem to care, it sounds like an update away. Yahoo, MSN, displaying contacts, just sounds like stuff that could get added later, if not at launch.

I don't expect perfection out the door. We sure didn't get it with other devices or OS's. I'm sure the iphone will see its share of problems during the 3.0 period.
    The Difficultly of sync ing w/ the cloud. I;m dreading moveing all my contacts frokm Outlook to google, and fearing the 'cutting of the cord'. I truely hope Palm has a aplan for simpleton's like me who are having a hard time w/ this.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast