Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1.    #1  
    A user from another Palm Pre forum is posting videos of the SDK emulator for those that want something better than pictures of the SDK.

    YouTube - PalmPreForumDotOrg's Channel
  2. #2  
    Thanks!

    I'm kinda disappointed in the way it handles conference calling. Like the Palm OS, it doesnt allow you to manage the individual callers. I would like to be able to hang up one line and then join another without ending the conference call. Big disappointment but it wont stop me!
  3. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #3  
    Strange. The word is that they're being selective with who gets the SDK, yet this guy gets it??
  4. zmerahn's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    #4  
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I think this is a limitation of how the CDMA network operates.

    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Thanks!

    I'm kinda disappointed in the way it handles conference calling. Like the Palm OS, it doesnt allow you to manage the individual callers. I would like to be able to hang up one line and then join another without ending the conference call. Big disappointment but it wont stop me!
  5. #5  
    It could be a CDMA limit. but does any Palm OS device handle conference calls better?

    And I would at least like it to show the individual #s while on a conference call even if I can't manage them separately. I make a lot of conference calls w/ my brothers, so its tough when one hangs up or is disconnected & I have to hang up & start all over.
  6. n1t0's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #6  
    It is damn beautiful watching how it operates. If the actual phones ships this smooth its going to be very very nice.
  7. #7  
    The conference call thing is not a big deal for me since I really don't make many of them. There should be a better solution for people that use it though.

    One big thing for me is the web browser, it seems that the only display option for book marks is to list those thumbnails. I don't know about anyone else but I have around 30 bookmarks for different things, news, shopping, blogs, tech sites, game reviews, forums, etc...

    Why on earth would I want to page through 6 pages of thumbnails to get to a site? Or wade through 15 other non related bookmarks looking for a particular forum one?

    They should allow book marks to be grouped in folders as well as shown individually. Bookmarks 101 here. Hopefully its possible.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    The conference call thing is not a big deal for me since I really don't make many of them. There should be a better solution for people that use it though.

    One big thing for me is the web browser, it seems that the only display option for book marks is to list those thumbnails. I don't know about anyone else but I have around 30 bookmarks for different things, news, shopping, blogs, tech sites, game reviews, forums, etc...

    Why on earth would I want to page through 6 pages of thumbnails to get to a site? Or wade through 15 other non related bookmarks looking for a particular forum one?

    They should allow book marks to be grouped in folders as well as shown individually. Bookmarks 101 here. Hopefully its possible.
    I see what you're saying, but I still think the thumbnails it a cool idea. I'll have to use it before I decide if the extra scrolling is annoying or not, my Blackberry Curve using Opera Mini can show 9 on screen at a time and I have to scroll using a trackball all the way so for me it won't be a big deal since it'll be easier.

    I don't think it should be too much of an issue swiping right twice.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    The conference call thing is not a big deal for me since I really don't make many of them. There should be a better solution for people that use it though.

    One big thing for me is the web browser, it seems that the only display option for book marks is to list those thumbnails. I don't know about anyone else but I have around 30 bookmarks for different things, news, shopping, blogs, tech sites, game reviews, forums, etc...

    Why on earth would I want to page through 6 pages of thumbnails to get to a site? Or wade through 15 other non related bookmarks looking for a particular forum one?

    They should allow book marks to be grouped in folders as well as shown individually. Bookmarks 101 here. Hopefully its possible.
    I believe that's where search will come in handy. You'd only have to type one letter to narrow those bookmarks down significantly.
  10. #10  
    ^^^
    Exactly, universal search is a beautiful thing!

    T-minus 13 days, 2 hours...
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    It could be a CDMA limit. but does any Palm OS device handle conference calls better?

    And I would at least like it to show the individual #s while on a conference call even if I can't manage them separately. I make a lot of conference calls w/ my brothers, so its tough when one hangs up or is disconnected & I have to hang up & start all over.
    I think you're right, I haven't seen a cdma phone that could do that, no matter the Manufacturer/OS. My previous job gave us those big brick blackberry's on nextel to use and those handled the calls seperately. So I think it's the network that can't handle it.

    On cdma phones, the only way to hang up individual calls (while not in conference) was to hang up on the person you want to hang up on and the system will make the other call ring on your phone and you pick up to continue the conversation.
  12. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #12  
    Jesus. Now *THAT* is a violation of an NDA.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn McKenzie View Post
    I believe that's where search will come in handy. You'd only have to type one letter to narrow those bookmarks down significantly.

    Oh yeah!
  14. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #14  


    Comedy "Palm watches him scroll through his Facebook contacts and finds the source of the SDK leak."
  15. #15  
    I know one thing, I am not going to mess with face book importing. That just looks like a huge mess and I'd end up getting a million contacts I have no interest in ever actually contacting.
  16. #16  
    What I found interesting is that you can add a contact to the launcher. So I suppose you could designate one whole page, or maybe several pages of the launcher as your quick dial page, kinda like how HTC did it with Touch Flo 3d.
  17. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #17  
    It's almost worth creating shadow facebook / gmail accounts just for contact syncing
  18. #18  
    That sucks! I'm not using the Facebook sync then...what the hell Palm, use your head. We don't want hundreds of people we went to high school with or met twice in our contacts. This is extremely disappointing.
  19. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #19  
    It just seems that you would be able to create a group on facebook that the Pre would selectively sync to/from
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    It just seems that you would be able to create a group on facebook that the Pre would selectively sync to/from
    Hopefully this is true but the Invisible Man on Youtube didn't mention he saw this when asked in the comments.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions