Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #21  
    I would imagine too that you don't have to sync everything with Facebook to make use of the Facebook feature. I would guess that as you can add Facebook info to the existing contacts per contact on the device without downloading EVERYTHING from FB.
  2. #22  
    He just posted a few more videos, among them one for Google Maps.

    Looks like a bit of a stripped down version of it, no Street view included. Also, it seems to only show the directions list and doesn't give that "click for next way point" option that the WinMo version has. Another thing...in the video he is talking about how you can look up a restaurant, then click on their listed number to call them so if they were to give you directions, you could look at the map at the same time to see what they are talking about. Hm....well, doesn't Google Maps use data? Will Google maps be able to update anything (while scrolling around on the map) since that requires data, and as far as I remember, Sprint won't allow data and doing a phone call at the same time? Or am I mistaken here?
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    in the video he is talking about how you can look up a restaurant, then click on their listed number to call them so if they were to give you directions, you could look at the map at the same time to see what they are talking about. Hm....well, doesn't Google Maps use data? Will Google maps be able to update anything (while scrolling around on the map) since that requires data, and as far as I remember, Sprint won't allow data and doing a phone call at the same time? Or am I mistaken here?
    No, you are not mistaken. I am wondering about the same thing.

    Could it be that it works because he is on emulator and is probably not really connecting to sprint network (in one of the video, he mentioned something about being connected to internet through DSL network)?

    I would guess that software supports this feature (would work on GSM Pre).
    Lets hope it would work on Sprint (CDMA). Hopefully one of "reviewers" will put this to test in coming days.
  4. #24  
    Hey!

    Instead of just saying oh look they put a video why not just join the forum?
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by bkdude View Post
    No, you are not mistaken. I am wondering about the same thing.

    Could it be that it works because he is on emulator and is probably not really connecting to sprint network (in one of the video, he mentioned something about being connected to internet through DSL network)?

    I would guess that software supports this feature (would work on GSM Pre).
    Lets hope it would work on Sprint (CDMA). Hopefully one of "reviewers" will put this to test in coming days.
    Yeah I wasn't totally clear on that, I know he's using an emulator which is why his "demo" "works" (not really making a phone call), I was just surprised that he didn't mention that what he is demonstrating most likely won't work unless he just scrolls over a part of the map that Google Maps already downloaded, although I am not sure how Google Maps will respond to it's sudden inabiltity to not recieve data. He did mention that you can text while you're on the phone, but that you can't email while on the phone since email is considered data. Must have been an oversight on his part, after all, he keeps mentioning how late it is at night.
  6. #26  
    I believe any public sharing/posting of emulator screenshots or videos of the emulator are violations of the NDA. Wouldn't surprise me if Palm is addressing these youtube videos and PalmGoon's articles, in some form or another.

    That being said, an emulator isn't the real device and I'm more eager to see real device usage videos in a couple weeks
  7. Webby_s's Avatar
    Posts
    279 Posts
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I believe any public sharing/posting of emulator screenshots or videos of the emulator are violations of the NDA. Wouldn't surprise me if Palm is addressing these youtube videos and PalmGoon's articles, in some form or another.

    That being said, an emulator isn't the real device and I'm more eager to see real device usage videos in a couple weeks
    He also stated in one of the videos that he got it from a friend and didn't state the guys name. I would also assume from all the info he gives out that if someone dug deep enough they could find out who he is... With the facebook contacts and Eastern MI and all.

    But it is GREAT to see the emulator and all the Pre's glory.
  8. StefanP's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby_s View Post
    He also stated in one of the videos that he got it from a friend and didn't state the guys name. I would also assume from all the info he gives out that if someone dug deep enough they could find out who he is... With the facebook contacts and Eastern MI and all.

    But it is GREAT to see the emulator and all the Pre's glory.
    they could find out who the guy on the video is (if his identity isn't already public info on palmpreforum.org(he seems to be an admin or something)), but they won't know who he got the emulator from.

    and since he didn't get the emulator directly from palm, he probably didn't sign an nda
  9. #29  
    does any one know if you can change the colors of the messaging like on the treo and centro?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions