1.    #1  
    Okay, so, got on a chat again with a Sprint rep, just to confirm my price. I was, of course, given different information this time than the last chat.

I was told on 5/19 my price would be:

$549.99 - $75 rebate (early for me as Premier customer)
    $474.99 - $100 MIR = $374.99 final price

I was told today that the $75 rebate applies, but that I'm not eligible for the $100 MIR. So, final price is $474.99.

I suppose I'll get back on later today or tomorrow with another rep, and see if I get yet another story. Interesting how things haven't been locked down yet--or, perhaps they have been, and the rep on 5/19 was incorrect.

Grrr.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    99 per cent of Sprint reps don't have a clue.
    You have more power when you're at the point of sell. Would you start talking prices with a car lot saying you'll buy the car in two weeks?
    Until the phone and all the plans are in their computers, the Sprint Reps don't really know for sure what the end result is going to be.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    You have more power when you're at the point of sell. Would you start talking prices with a car lot saying you'll buy the car in two weeks?
    Agreed. And, I'm really trying to force myself to stop speculating and simply wait until the options are cut in stone, both pricing and ordering/purchasing. If that's on the morning of the 6th, then so be it.

Because, of course, when I have that Pre box sitting on the counter in front of me, I'll buy it regardless of the price. I mean, seriously: who am I fooling?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Yeah, i felt compelled for a minute to call around and try to track down where i'll go. But it's too soon to worry about it. All i'd get is a bunch of speculation.
    I know how you feel. I just called and was told rather bluntly my plan I'm on wasn't a SERO plan but rather a fair and flexible plan with an unlimited data add on. I asked how that was possible for $30.00 outside a SERO plan and they had no idea.

They were not able to upgrade my account in any capacity--even to a non-discounted "Everything Data" plan. Seems I have some sort of Frankenstein account.

The good news is they told me it'd be compatible with the Pre, but that remains to be seen.

Of course, the next time I ask I will likely be told a different tale.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I agree. I just stopped in the SECOND time to a corporate Sprint (this, after calling first) and got a 3rd story of what's going on the week of release. I'm so losing my patience.
    The Sprint stores in my area SUCK! Period!
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post
    I know how you feel. I just called and was told rather bluntly my plan I'm on wasn't a SERO plan but rather a fair and flexible plan with an unlimited data add on. I asked how that was possible for $30.00 outside a SERO plan and they had no idea.

They were not able to upgrade my account in any capacity--even to a non-discounted "Everything Data" plan. Seems I have some sort of Frankenstein account.

The good news is they told me it'd be compatible with the Pre, but that remains to be seen.

Of course, the next time I ask I will likely be told a different tale.
    I have the same thing. It is SERO but when I log into my account they show it as the Fair and Flexible 500 with unlimited Data and messaging....I didnt sign up through the website I signed up over the phone during the early stages of SERO. My ex girlfriend also has the same plan but when she logged into her accout it always said SERO 500.

Wouldn't it be great if our plans could be activated for the Pre because they are not considered SERO?
    How can there STILL be so much confusion over the price? Sprint reps know nothing? Then what was the Pre training for? I would think part of it was to sell it properly. If they can't figure out what the price should be, that's not good IMO.

We're running out of time and they still don't have a set price for existing customers? And in other threads, people are reporting confusion about waiting lists, or whether or not stores will have enough.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    All they have to do is tell people:

The phone is available on the 6th on a first come first serve basis.

They can't even do that right.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Okay, so, got on a chat again with a Sprint rep, just to confirm my price. I was, of course, given different information this time than the last chat.

I was told on 5/19 my price would be:

I was told today that the $75 rebate applies, but that I'm not eligible for the $100 MIR. So, final price is $474.99.

I suppose I'll get back on later today or tomorrow with another rep, and see if I get yet another story. Interesting how things haven't been locked down yet--or, perhaps they have been, and the rep on 5/19 was incorrect.

Grrr.

I met with a manager at a Sprint Prefered Dealer Store and he allowed me to put a deposit down and I will be on the list for the Pre Launch in Houston on Friday June 5th. I am also guaranteed a phone and I also agreed to purchase additional TouchTones for allowing me to get in on the deal early!!!

I was told today that the phone will be $549.99. The upgrade will give me $150.00 off of the phone. I will also get a $100.00 instant saving off the phone!! Minus my $100.00 deposit!! Now the phone is $200.00!! I asked if I could charge this to my account like I did for the Instinct? I was told that he was not for sure on charging it to my account, but he was going to check on it and give me a call back!!!
    They do what the computer tells them in the majority of cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by w3nitro View Post
    I met with a manager at a Sprint Prefered Dealer Store and he allowed me to put a deposit down and I will be on the list for the Pre Launch in Houston on Friday June 5th. I am also guaranteed a phone and I also agreed to purchase additional TouchTones for allowing me to get in on the deal early!!!

I was told today that the phone will be $549.99. The upgrade will give me $150.00 off of the phone. I will also get a $100.00 instant saving off the phone!! Minus my $100.00 deposit!! Now the phone is $200.00!! I asked if I could charge this to my account like I did for the Instinct? I was told that he was not for sure on charging it to my account, but he was going to check on it and give me a call back!!!
    if you have previously had the ability to bill to your account...you should be able to do it again
    Last edited by abarrera; 05/23/2009 at 04:28 PM.
  16.    #16  
    Hee hee... Just for kicks, I logged back onto chat, and this time was told that my price would be full retail. No rebate whatsoever. So, add that to the versions:

Lastly, I was told that my price would be $549.99, no rebates whatsoever.

I'm sure if I call be in again, I'll be owing a penalty given that I'm an S|P customer. It'll be: "Sir, your price is $100 over retail, or $649.99."

I'll say this, though: if my price does end up being $549 or $475, then I'll simply add a new line and get the $199 price, and then cancel my current line and pay the $175 fee after i've swapped the number. Total price then will be what the first rep told me: $375.

Grrr squared.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if our plans could be activated for the Pre because they are not considered SERO?
    We certainly shall see!

If it happens, you won't find me complaining.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    How can there STILL be so much confusion over the price? Sprint reps know nothing? Then what was the Pre training for? I would think part of it was to sell it properly. If they can't figure out what the price should be, that's not good IMO.

We're running out of time and they still don't have a set price for existing customers? And in other threads, people are reporting confusion about waiting lists, or whether or not stores will have enough.
    Actually its not that Sprint reps know nothing, its that they aren't told all of the information until launch. And in regards to the Pre training not everyone has taken it yet and reps are afraid of saying anything until things are 100% in stone.