1.    #1  
    I've seen GTalk and AIM thrown around a lot, but never a mention of MSN Messenger. This has me worried. Is MSN Messenger support coming, or will I have to rely on some third-party software (That most likely won't "synergize" either)?
    I stopped using MSN messenger years ago and switched to gtalk. Still, to this day, if I sign into my MSN messenger it isn't long before I get spam IM's.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I stopped using MSN messenger years ago and switched to gtalk. Still, to this day, if I sign into my MSN messenger it isn't long before I get spam IM's.
    No offense but that doesn't really help me. I can't exactly talk all of my clients into using different IM systems. (Also, I don't know of anyone around me that even knows what GTalk is, much less uses it)
    As far as I seen, Microsoft hasn't thrown any support towards the Pre, I was a little surprised they weren't an initial partner. I suggest you contact Microsoft directly about the MSN protocol support for the Pre.
    If Yahoo IM is supported, you can use that to chat with MS Messenger users.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I wish I could do that, but right now, I would be all alone on gtalk, all my friends are on msn.
    text them
    if for some reason they don't support MSN, you can always use the palm compatibility app and one of the several MSN enabled palm IM apps as a work around until third party MSN supporting apps come out for WebOS
    Or you can wait until the phone comes out to truly have these questions answered.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    From what I have heard it will support aim, gtalk and facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    If Yahoo IM is supported, you can use that to chat with MS Messenger users.
    Like laxidasical said, you can import all your MSN contacts to yahoo messenger, yahoo supports MSN..that shouldn't be a big problem..
    Quote Originally Posted by deleonj1225 View Post
    Like laxidasical said, you can import all your MSN contacts to yahoo messenger, yahoo supports MSN..that shouldn't be a big problem..
    Unfortunately for your scenario, Yahoo Messenger has not yet been announced as being supported.
    I sure hope yahoo comes very shortly after if its not available at launch.
    I'll say that I do hope that someone is looking into Yahoo and or MSN support. Most of my professional contacts still use these IM clients exclusively.