1.    #1  
    I believe the gesture area is a HUGE selling point and WOW factor as do we all but are we limited to what it can do out of the box or are the possibilities endless as far as what developers and updates develop for it. Can you guys think of some slick ways to utilize this further?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    A slick way to copy/cut/paste using the gesture area is to put one finger anywhere on the gesture area and press C, X, or V to copy, cut, or paste.
    I always thought it might be useful for gaming...sort of like a joystick
    Previous/Next for the Music App. If it's not in there at launch, I'd be surprised
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    There is already an advanced feature that allows you to switch cards by using a "long" gesture going from extreme right to extreme left of the gesture area or vice-versa.
    if there is a software keyboard, then a two-finger swipe up from the gesture area to bring up the keyboard
    I want a menu access gesture, such as diagonal from bottom left to top right. You know, like the good old days before keyboards.
    I want fast shortcuts directly to my most used apps, from any other app. I want to touch and hold the gesture area and push a key to directly access the browser, dial a contact, or launch another app. I've heard palm say that they aren't taking any steps backward in terms of usability in the name of the new features. I hope that means the Pre has the same quick access to my programs that I am used to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Cracker View Post
    I want fast shortcuts directly to my most used apps, from any other app. I want to touch and hold the gesture area and push a key to directly access the browser, dial a contact, or launch another app. I've heard palm say that they aren't taking any steps backward in terms of usability in the name of the new features. I hope that means the Pre has the same quick access to my programs that I am used to.
    Do you mean like the quick wave launcher?
    fingerprint recognition security lock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    fingerprint recognition security lock.
    That would be awesome...lol...
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Modular View Post
    A slick way to copy/cut/paste using the gesture area is to put one finger anywhere on the gesture area and press C, X, or V to copy, cut, or paste.
    Not anywhere on the gesture area but on the button, and the corresponding letters to the the cut, copy, and paste.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    if there is a software keyboard, then a two-finger swipe up from the gesture area to bring up the keyboard
    I was thinking maybe a double tap in the gesture area to bring up the keyboard
    One thing that is wild to me, how does the Pre's gesture area know when you want the quick launcher or when you want the launcher? Both are swipe from the gesture area up.

Anyway, I would like a way to use the gesture area to open a favorite app, like a diagonal swipe or double tap.
  15. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    It guesses your intent by how long and far you swipe.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Previous/Next for the Music App. If it's not in there at launch, I'd be surprised
    I'd be surprised if it is in there. a short swipe to the left always means back. a long swipe to the left means change card. what would you have left to go to the previous track?
    It would be too complex if they make different gestures for every app.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Modular View Post

dtokarz;1614480
    Not anywhere on the gesture area but on the button, and the corresponding letters to the the cut, copy, and paste.
    Actually, what i said is true, you can put one finger ANYWHERE on the gesture area.