Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    yeah ... strating next week i;m just gonna call sprint once a day .
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    aren't you feeling sick? i bet you'll still feel sick on the 6th. You should probably stay home from work that day.
    Except that the 4 other guys on my team that I work with will all want to do the same thing and know EXACTLY where I am . Perhaps the Sprint store could be the Urgent Care for the day!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I just placed my pre-order with my friend at Sprint Business. He confirmed that their is no Saturday delivery, and his best guess is that I wouldn't get it early. He said there's a chance though, so I've got my fingers crossed. I placed the pre-order, fully expecting to still have to wait in line on Saturday, so I may have two Pre's on that coming Monday. Craigslist here I come!

Or I just may refuse delivery of it, and send it back- haven't really decided yet.
    I already advised work that I'll be working from home both Friday and the following entire week.
    I contacted our Sprint Business Solutions Partner at the company I work for and asked him about pre ordering the pre.. He just wrote back:

Thanks for the email! Your phone # does qualify for the lowest cost available. You will be able to get the Palm Pre for $299.99 with a $100 mail in rebate. The Net cost will be $199. I can probably just charge the equipment to your account at the point of purchase. I will add your email address to my distro list as soon as I am available to order the device. Would that work? Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

I wrote him back asking if he thought I would get it early and am waiting for a response.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    I contacted our Sprint Business Solutions Partner at the company I work for and asked him about pre ordering the pre.. He just wrote back:

Thanks for the email! Your phone # does qualify for the lowest cost available. You will be able to get the Palm Pre for $299.99 with a $100 mail in rebate. The Net cost will be $199. I can probably just charge the equipment to your account at the point of purchase. I will add your email address to my distro list as soon as I am available to order the device. Would that work? Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

I wrote him back asking if he thought I would get it early and am waiting for a response.
    Keep us updated, and I'll do the same. My contact didn't think the outlook was good for getting it early, but stranger things have happened. The only good part about preordering it so far is guaranteeing that it will be mine, even if the regular stores sell out of it.

Looks like you got the same email that I got except for mines said " sorry, you dont qualify for the lowest cost, it will cost u $549". Glad I added that second line to my account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    I already advised work that I'll be working from home both Friday and the following entire week.
    My days off are Friday and Saturday so I can afford to get up early to get in line.
    Here is the follow up email he just sent:

Well, let’s see how it goes. I should be able to get them faster than a retail location by ordering it directly from Sprint fulfillment. I should be able to “pre order” a day or two in advance. I can ship the device overnight for $12, or I can ship the device via UPS 3-5 business days for free.

On June 6th, if you are able to get your hands on one at a retail location… I’ll just cancel the order I have on the account. As long as an order is in “backorder” status in the system, we can cancel the order at anytime. The only catch is, if I order the device on June 5th and it actually ships from Sprint fulfillment on June 6th, you will have to wait for the device rather than just walking out with one. I can’t cancel an order if it’s already being processed through Sprint fulfillment.

I just sent him some other questions and will post his reply..
    For you guys pre-ordering this through a business contact, how are they handling your phone plan?

Are they just upgrading you to an SE plan when you order it? Are you keeping your existing plan? When do you have to change the plan? When you call in to activate it?
    @ DjPiLL, that was one of the questions I asked him, and am still waiting for an answer.
    Aw c'mon, at this point you should just ask him if he can at least guarantee you'll get one during launch. Do you really care if you get it a whole day before everyone else?

Sadly, my work is a Blackberry shop, so no Sprint account rep, etc; I'll resent to the fact that all I get is a 27% discount from work.
    On June 6th, if you are able to get your hands on one at a retail location… I’ll just cancel the order I have on the account. As long as an order is in “backorder” status in the system, we can cancel the order at anytime. The only catch is, if I order the device on June 5th and it actually ships from Sprint fulfillment on June 6th, you will have to wait for the device rather than just walking out with one. I can’t cancel an order if it’s already being processed through Sprint fulfillment.
    That's nice! But if you're able to order one or two days in advance, how is he going to cancel it on the 6th, if you get one at the store? It would be on its way by then.

At worse, I guess, you'll just deal with a return of the extra device.
    Quote Originally Posted by DjPiLL View Post
    For you guys pre-ordering this through a business contact, how are they handling your phone plan?

Are they just upgrading you to an SE plan when you order it? Are you keeping your existing plan? When do you have to change the plan? When you call in to activate it?
    Well the lady just asked me if I was on a Data plan, I told her yes and she said ok. She really didnt seem to care about anything else except for to sell this phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Aw c'mon, at this point you should just ask him if he can at least guarantee you'll get one during launch. Do you really care if you get it a whole day before everyone else?

Sadly, my work is a Blackberry shop, so no Sprint account rep, etc; I'll resent to the fact that all I get is a 27% discount from work.
    I just called my supplier and again was told that I wouldnt get guaranteed a phone at lauch without knowing the quantity that they will have. Also just found out that they are not open on sat so the phone wouldnt ship till Monday.
    I don't care if I get it early, I just wan't it.. I took it is if he was able to ship it and it was not back ordered I would be stuck with 2 phones. I am gonna see what he can do and go from there. If he does not get back to me on the 5th I am going to go through a sprint store. If I get 2 I will sell one or give it to my wife. (that does not want one, but I think I can win over.)
    I have been approved for a business plan and can order up to 5 phones with a maximum monthly bill of $400 to start. And, yes, all 5 can be the Palm Pre.

So, I've ordered 2 to start. I'm all set to go and can pick them up at my business contact store here in the San Diego area once they arrive in store. However, they don't know when they'll be receiving them. According to the store owner, usually they get their premier phones 1-2 days prior to launch. I'm hoping that holds true.
    ordering and activating are two different things.
    Quote Originally Posted by whaddupdoe View Post
    Well the lady just asked me if I was on a Data plan, I told her yes and she said ok. She really didnt seem to care about anything else except for to sell this phone.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I just got off the phone with sprint and they said the phone will only be available in stores...I will keep trying anyway.
    Larry
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Just found out from my contact that the pre-orders have been delayed on the business side. I guess they're expecting them to start going through tomorrow, but just wanted to give everyone a heads up.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast