Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Thanks preman2be913,

We really are booming in members and repeated threads.

I try to merge what I can, when I can.
    My pleasure berd! I'm just following your lead and we appreciate you merging as quickly as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I just skimmed the Pre user guide and read that you can not surf the web while on a phone call. I am guessing that you can not run Telenav GPS while on a phone call.
    Maybe I'm missing something, but what good would it do to be on Sprint Nav while on a call? Isn't that way too many things to do at once (drive, keep eyes on road, have a conversation, and look and listen to prompts from Sprint Nav) to be safe?

I have Sprint Nav on my Instinct S30, and I have never, ever, ever wanted to run another function on the phone while using it and driving at the same time.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    But can you receive a call while browsing the net? That seems pretty important.

Otherwise you have to choose between being on the net and being unavailable, like back in the early dial-up days. The cell phone is my only phone.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, but what good would it do to be on Sprint Nav while on a call? Isn't that way too many things to do at once (drive, keep eyes on road, have a conversation, and look and listen to prompts from Sprint Nav) to be safe?

I have Sprint Nav on my Instinct S30, and I have never, ever, ever wanted to run another function on the phone while using it and driving at the same time.
    You don't have to look at the screen if you get a call. Nice to have the option to answer the phone.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    But can you receive a call while browsing the net? That seems pretty important.

Otherwise you have to choose between being on the net and being unavailable, like back in the early dial-up days. The cell phone is my only phone.
    If you are surfing the web, a call interrupts the data connection and you can answer it. We haven't seen exactly what happens with the web page and what happens when you hang up, but you will be able to answer a call.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I just skimmed the Pre user guide and read that you can not surf the web while on a phone call. I am guessing that you can not run Telenav GPS while on a phone call.

If this is a limitation of the Sprint network then it gives me enough reason to hold off until the GSM version is available.

Thoughts?
    Can you please point me to the page number for this in the user guide?
    Page 92
    Use Another Application While on a Call
    You can use many other applications on your phone, including the organizer and text
    message features, while holding a phone conversation. You can use the Sprint network for only one activity at a time—phone or data—so you cannot use the Sprint network to browse the Web, check email, or exchange MMS messages during a call. To browse the Web or check email during a call, you must connect to a Wi-Fi network. See “Wi-Fi” on page 230.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Thanks.
    On EVDO, at least, calls have priority over data streams, but as soon as the call ends, the data stream resumes.

The bigger problem with Telenav on older Palm devices is that receiving a call interrupts your navigation session, and you have to start up Telenav again. I'm hoping that won't happen on the Pre.
    You shouldn't have to restart Telenav on the Pre since it's supposed to multitask.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    On EVDO, at least, calls have priority over data streams, but as soon as the call ends, the data stream resumes.

The bigger problem with Telenav on older Palm devices is that receiving a call interrupts your navigation session, and you have to start up Telenav again. I'm hoping that won't happen on the Pre.
    Older Palm devices didn't multi-task. My bet is the call pops up, you decide whether to answer it or not, and it goes back to the Navigation screen as the maps are cached.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    My solution: If I need to look up something on the web I'll call them back.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234