Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Is this possible? I know it's a touchscreen but I've been using multiple touchscreen devices for sometime now and a lot of times I end up using the directional-pad to navigate icon lists or scroll through emails/texts etc. Since the Pre has no D-Pad, has anyone seen proof that besides the back-button emulation and launcher gesture, the pre also supports up/down and left/right movement with its gesture area?
    Great question! That would be slick
    it's probably possible with a 3rd party app, but i doubt there will be anything supporting that at launch.

there are supposed to be a lot of gestures possible, most are still a secret though.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    As of now, third party apps can't receive arbitrary gestures from the gesture area - only predefined gestures. Maybe that will change.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipxe View Post
    As of now, third party apps can't receive arbitrary gestures from the gesture area - only predefined gestures. Maybe that will change.
    We're actually talking about sending gestures to apps. I guess it would have to be a hack that would run in the background and watch for gestures... just like the default back / launcher gesture listener service does.