Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Here it is (after there was a rumor about it having a vertical slider qwerty):

Rumor: Palm Nova to Be Touchscreen + QWERTY Slider
    It goes to show you how uninspired Palm's hardware designers were until Rubinstein and his team joined Palm.

I'm not saying the design above is Palm's (it isn't) but from previous product launches, it seemed clear that Palm was going to keep their poor design choices from the past.
    1. the forum member that created that was somewhat close in terms of functional design but way off in terms of aesthetics.
    2. damn that 600/700 series is so ugly now and looks like a dinosaur compared to the sleek minimalist beauty of the PREEEEEE.
    3. i recognize that OS in the mock up as ALPOS and it's just as ugly.
    Funny...a Windows Start button....and on Verizon.
    I'm the one who predicted Nova would never exist! I said it was vaporware and that Palm simply didn't have enough left in the tank to actually finish it. And I have never been happier to be DEAD WRONG! I went from total skeptic to total convert.

I'll be porting my # from AT&T, selling my GSM phones (about a dozen) and embracing Sprint and the Pre. Never thought I'd say any of that, but here we are, and I'm sayin' it.
    I do think I'm going to miss the 5 way, though.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Indeed... I do believe this is the first thing we've ever agreed on. Heh.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    There was a guy on these forums who complained that he had to touch the screen to use one of my Treo applications instead of the 5-way.
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    It does suck not having buttons sometimes. Makes no look changes (next song especially) nearly impossible. Not to mention I can get from locked to web, messages, calendar, and a number of apps on my Treo without having to look at the screen...I am going to miss that.
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by sub150 View Post
    It does suck not having buttons sometimes. Makes no look changes (next song especially) nearly impossible. Not to mention I can get from locked to web, messages, calendar, and a number of apps on my Treo without having to look at the screen...I am going to miss that.
    Truth
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    +1. I'd take a little function over iphone copycat form any day.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a secondary groove along the sides to make slipping into a cradle and using the slider that much easier while in the cradle.
    Quote Originally Posted by sub150 View Post
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I searched 'Nova' here at TC and here's one of the early discussions I found:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...etty-good.html
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    Here it is (after there was a rumor about it having a vertical slider qwerty):

Rumor: Palm Nova to Be Touchscreen + QWERTY Slider
    I had this one that I posted on SprintUsers

Damn close, even the status above the screen...
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    Damn close, even the status above the screen...
    I agree.