Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Too bad PEAP doesn't work
    Quote Originally Posted by gemini19th81 View Post
    I have the same requirements as you and I can't figure out how to connect!
    WPA with TKIP encryption
    Protected EAP (PEAP) w/ Validate server certificate
    Secured password (EAP-MSCHAPv2)

Did you figure this out?
    I haven't been able to get it figured out, even after I contacted my schools IT department I couldn't get things to work.

Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    I had trouble connecting at first too, eventually I just reset my wireless password/created a new one, and for some reason that magically allowed it to work. Maybe you can try that?
    I tried changing my password and that didn't help me...

Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    I have all the above requirements here at georgia tech, and it works just fine.
    You are using PEAP-MSCHAP v2
    If so, how did you get it to work?

Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    Too bad PEAP doesn't work
    Unfortunately I have come to the same conclusion and have gotten no response back from anyone at Palm...
    Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 600 (T-Mo) --> Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 NC (Cing) --> Treo 680 (Cing) --> Pre (Sprint)

I have LEAP at work and tried everything and it still doesnt work .. how did it work !!?? for those who claim that LEAP works for them.
    i wish my school had a wireless network
    Quote Originally Posted by fadiabdeen View Post
    I have LEAP at work and tried everything and it still doesnt work .. how did it work !!?? for those who claim that LEAP works for them.
    Bumping because I'd like to know, too. It drives me crazy when people claim something works and then conveniently omit the details as to how they did it. Real helpful. Not.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I currently have a Pre and where I work, we have a 802.1x network using PEAP/MSCHAPv2, and the Pre _DOESN'T_ work.
    I put in domain/user for the username, then my password. According to the logs (on the servers), the username is right, as it pulls the right group and everything, however it doesn't pass the password correctly, so I can not actually auth to the network.
    However at home, I have a similar setup, with FreeRadius & OpenLDAP, and that works fine (once I imported the self-signed CA cert).
    At my work, we have Cisco APs, running in Lightweight from two WISMs, which is all auth'd via Active Directory backend.
    I am running 1.1.
    There is someone else here who had a Pre, and they were unable to get it to work also.
    For now, we do have a 'pda' network, which you register your MAC Address for. I have my application in, but the network guys are currently busy (lots of renovations around here).
    As i have read, the main reason that peap does not work is it is trying to send password in md5 and not PEAP/MSCHAPv2.

I hear a lot of people saying they got the certificates from IT and installed them on the pre... does this fix it or not? getting mixed answers. If it does work, where do you install them at?
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    I'm having a hard time setting this up... I click 'enterprise' for security mode, and then it asks me for my username and password---no other settings. To configure it properly, I need to select a certificate, and a whole host of other settings... sigh
    I'm having the same issue.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I'm having the same issue.
    Me too, I need to configure other settings. Any help?
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Still no headway on this? I am unable to connect to uTexas's wireless. IT tells me that it's due to the pre's lack of support for PEAPv0... Any workarounds?
    I have the same requirements, cannot connect to Cisco APs which is all auth'd via Active Directory backend.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12