Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    New link is up. Google Maps looks pretty slick!

Meet “Google Maps” on the Pre | Palm Goon
    looks very good! Still I really haven't seen mention of multitouch aspects in any of palmgoon's posts. Is it because he's on an emulator?
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    looks very good! Still I really haven't seen mention of multitouch aspects in any of palmgoon's posts. Is it because he's on an emulator?
    In his entry Meet the Web Browser on the Pre someone asked him about that:

"No multitouch? I thought multitouch was supported for the browser! What a lose that itís not there!"
    Meet the Web Browser on the Pre | Palm Goon

and he answered:

"mike, relax. multi touch is in there."
    Meet the Web Browser on the Pre | Palm Goon
    damn, i cant see any of the palm goon screens. been like that for about a day now. wtf
    Looks nice and the same as it looks on all the other smartphones. What is the deal with Telenav and Pre? There is a lot that google maps won't do.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Anyone notice where the goon is?

If you look at the blue dot, you will see that this came from Palm. Right there on Maude Ave.

At least we know it is a reliable source
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    pretty amazing stuff. amazing power right in the palm of your hand. we've come a long way from CB radios and bag phones. it's a great time to be alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post

If you look at the blue dot, you will see that this came from Palm. Right there on Maude Ave.

one Goon is in CO and the other is in FL. i think the Goon is getting fed this stuff - it's not his phone. i have to give Goon credit though - he got a good scoop!
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    one Goon is in CO and the other is in FL. i think the Goon is getting fed this stuff - it's not his phone. i have to give Goon credit though - he got a good scoop!
    Well come to think of it, if this is an emulator shot, it would not have GPS. So that is probably a static map that comes with the emulator.

False alarm.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Looks nice and the same as it looks on all the other smartphones. What is the deal with Telenav and Pre? There is a lot that google maps won't do.
    Google maps is great for searching but Telenav has gotten so much better at this too. It's a toss up now.

Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post

SDK = no gps.

EDIT: you beat me to the punch.

I was talking to Dieter about this guy, my feelings is that the goon is some sort of viral marketing from a PRPRPR $company$ $hired$ $by$ $Palm$. $They$ $aren$'$t$ $giving$ $out$ $too$ $much$ $info$ $and$ $simply$ $rehashing$ $old$ $stories$ $that$ $can$ $be$ $found$ $anywhere$ $on$ $engadget$, $precentral$, $etc$. $while$ $mixing$ $in$ $the$ $sweet$ $SDK$ $shots$.

My opinion only... Dieter doesn't think so. Just another guy breaking NDA.
    So Darth, is this an opportunity that Palm is missing out on not giving out these tidbits of info? This is what i frankly thought they'd be doing in their webinar series that never continued. I'd be all over a "meet the feature/app" presentation.

Again, just seems to me they came out running at CES, and decided to quit running with the finish line in site. No strong finish. Such a shame to not see Palm showing off what appears to be a gamechanging OS. This is their time to shine and be proud, not hide.
    Here are the screens. The site's been pretty unreliable since it was linked on Engadget. Does anyone want me to do this for the other apps?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Google maps is great for searching but Telenav has gotten so much better at this too. It's a toss up now.

Telenav does voice turn-by-turn directions so I really hope its included.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    It also includes search and basically can used in place of google maps. Hope to see it tied to universal search.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    It also includes search and basically can used in place of google maps. Hope to see it tied to universal search.
    Sorry, I didn't drive home my point in terms of GM vs TN... I meant search feature not the direction use.

Cardfan, yeah, maybe I am just hoping PalmGoon is a viral campaign and not the fact that I am not acknowledging Palm's latest failure in being able to market themselves (ala Treo 800w, Treo Pro, etc)...
    I think it's obvious he has access to an emulator. That's why it shows the location as Palm's HQ. ;-) He's obvious pretty inexperienced in how he uses it too, because he can't seem to trigger the multitouch functionality with his mouse, which is why we don't haven't had an example of it show on his site.

It's also why he's not showing us things like settings etc... He is obviously an amateur and doesn't know what's important!
    Could it be possible that somebody from Palm is feeding him this images by using the print screen feature that's built-in.
    Last edited by Krod301; 05/23/2009 at 10:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    I think it's obvious he has access to an emulator. That's why it shows the location as Palm's HQ. ;-) He's obvious pretty inexperienced in how he uses it too, because he can't seem to trigger the multitouch functionality with his mouse, which is why we don't haven't had an example of it show on his site.

It's also why he's not showing us things like settings etc... He is obviously an amateur and doesn't know what's important!
    Highly doubtful... seems like you know a lil something about the SDK yourself.

Is there a unique identifier in settings that you want to see that could reveal who is behind the leaks? And if so, how would you know this?
    Anyone know if Latitude is included in it?
    Hmm...no Street View? My WinMo version can do Street View. Can the iPhone version do Street View?

And yes, Telenav is included...after all, it's Sprint Navigation, and it's part of the deal.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast