* Three-way Calling
    * Voicemail

Plan add-ons

* 500 SMS MESSAGESIncluded
    * Unlimited Nights&Weekends-8pmIncluded
    * Sprint Unlimited Data Pack5.00
    * 100 Text MessagingIncluded
    * Picture MailIncluded

I currently play $76.61, after taxes....

Will I be able to replace one of my phones with the Pre and keep this same plan?
    No- only simply everything plans will work...
  3.    #3  
    How much can I expect to pay for the simply everything with (2) phones?
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDeal71 View Post
    How much can I expect to pay for the simply everything with (2) phones?
    its not Simply everything. Its everything data, thats cheaper.
    and its $130.

and instead of asking here, visit sprint.com.
    and look for employee discounts, itll make it cheaper.
    Sprint | Employer Discounts: Submit Email
  5.    #5  
    So I have to go from paying $76 to $130 in order to have the Pre?

Wow! I guess I'm not getting a Pre after all

Thanks for all of your help guys!
  6.    #6  
    Is there anyone else out there not switching to the Pre because of the plan that Sprint forces you into?

I can't see increasing my monthly payment from $76 (after tax) to $130...

Is it just me?
    Is there anyone else out there not switching to the Pre because of the plan that Sprint forces you into?

Is it just me?
    Sprint relents most, but not all the time, on statements about conditions.

If you have F&C or FF your options are;

1) pay way more by changing plans and pay $10 less than the everything prices* with some other discounts transferring and some not.

2) work retentions as much as you can

3) wait until Pre supply meets demand and then see if sprint relents as they do most, but not all of the time.

*Sprint will offer you the everything referral plans if you are coming off a legacy to everything because of Pre . Some existing discounts can transfer to most of those plans (employee discounts, some monthly credits) those plans and some cannot (FIMF, some other credits).
    I have Everything Messaging plan with a total of 5 lines. My bill is $89.99/1500 minutes (first two lines) + 9.99 for each line. (Total of $120/month)

If I wanted PRE then I'd have to switch plans and the cheapest way would be to get Everything Data plan ($129.99/1500 minutes) for 1st two lines and $19.99 for each additional line. All lines would have unlimited internet, whether or not I care for that or not. I only want internet on one line. My total bill (best possible scenario) would be $129.99 + 3 x $19.99 (Total of $190/month)

I would go from $120 to $190 or an increase of $70/month ($840/yr). That is how much it would cost if I were to get an iPhone.

I called Sprint and they verified I was correct. The other options is to have 4 lines on my old plan and add a new plan for just one line. That would be additional $69.99/month.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by srt3924 View Post
    I have Everything Messaging plan with a total of 5 lines. My bill is $89.99/1500 minutes (first two lines) + 9.99 for each line. (Total of $120/month)

If I wanted PRE then I'd have to switch plans and the cheapest way would be to get Everything Data plan ($129.99/1500 minutes) for 1st two lines and $19.99 for each additional line. All lines would have unlimited internet, whether or not I care for that or not. I only want internet on one line. My total bill (best possible scenario) would be $129.99 + 3 x $19.99 (Total of $190/month)

I would go from $120 to $190 or an increase of $70/month ($840/yr). That is how much it would cost if I were to get an iPhone.

I called Sprint and they verified I was correct. The other options is to have 4 lines on my old plan and add a new plan for just one line. That would be additional $69.99/month.
    If you don't want ANY Internet on some phones, you can get a separate Basic 200 minutes for each one - $29.99 each.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Here's a comparison to a different carrier for what it's worth.

I have two lines through T-Mobile, 700 shared minutes, unlimited data, unlimited text/picture messaging. My total monthly bill including taxes is $132.56
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Is it just me?
    I'm not. Paying an extra $600 a year just to get a phone is crazy. Maybe the touch pro 2 won't require it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lugose View Post
    I'm not. Paying an extra $600 a year just to get a phone is crazy. Maybe the touch pro 2 won't require it.
    it will depend on how well the policy works at pushing people to higher spending.

There is no inherent reason that Pre would require a higher plan than the current or future WM phones.

Certainly dumber phones such as the instinct requiring higher priced plans, means that the relationship of phone to plan is based solely on hype and marketing
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Here's a comparison to a different carrier for what it's worth.

I have two lines through T-Mobile, 700 shared minutes, unlimited data, unlimited text/picture messaging. My total monthly bill including taxes is $132.56
    I pay 134-135 for the same thing through Sprint but have 1500 shared minutes.
    I am still with an old powerpack 450 plan and was told multiple times that i could use this plan with the Pre since i have everything that is already included with the simply everything plan .... that would make no sense to force someone to switch plans that is basically the same plan ....

I was told specifically not to change anything (options, add-ons etc..)between now and the 6th or whenever i get the phone and my plan would stay the same even with the addition of the PRE ...

By the way I pay $70 total with taxes ... that is why i won't be changing plans, it would be $70 plus insurance and tax with the everything plan ...
    We'll have to wait and see how "flexible* Telesales/Retentions are with older, outdated plan subscribers. Will they offer monthly discounts to get subscribers locked into a new 2-year contract at close to the same price of their current contracts, or just say "sorry, the Pre isn't for you?" unless you want to significantly increase your monthly costs.

Only time will tell, but I'm guessing it'll be the former in order to sell more Pre's and increase subscriptions.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    I am still with an old powerpack 450 plan and was told multiple times that i could use this plan with the Pre since i have everything that is already included with the simply everything plan .... that would make no sense to force someone to switch plans that is basically the same plan ....

I was told specifically not to change anything (options, add-ons etc..)between now and the 6th or whenever i get the phone and my plan would stay the same even with the addition of the PRE ...

By the way I pay $70 total with taxes ... that is why i won't be changing plans, it would be $70 plus insurance and tax with the everything plan ...
    Be prepared to be disappointed....
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    We'll have to wait and see how "flexible* Telesales/Retentions are with older, outdated plan subscribers. Will they offer monthly discounts to get subscribers locked into a new 2-year contract at close to the same price of their current contracts, or just say "sorry, the Pre isn't for you?" unless you want to significantly increase your monthly costs.

Only time will tell, but I'm guessing it'll be the former in order to sell more Pre's and increase subscriptions.
    Sprint Retentions (Account Services now) Supervisor said that IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO HAVE A PRE ON ANYTHING BUT AN "EVERYTHING" PLAN. It's designed into the system. It won't let them activate a Pre without it. So for all those that think they're going to pull the wool over on Sprint. I say good luck...

Be prepared to be disappointed.....
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    I would look at the Everything Messaging Plan and then add on unlimited data at $15. I have 4 lines of service, 1,500 minutes, all with unlimited messaging, 2 with unlimited data, 2 w/insurance, 1 w/roadside assistance - $157/month. As far as a significant increase, times change - if you are not going to complain about your taxes going up, then no complain on your cell phone bill going up.
    When I have the Pre in hand I will tell everyone just how disappointed I am using my old plan ....

By the way I have all the bells and whistles of the simply everything plan minus the price...hmmm interesting ,...and the same retentions as it is so called asked there very own supervisors and say it was a go as long as i upgrade my contract to 2yrs
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Sprint Retentions (Account Services now) Supervisor said that IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO HAVE A PRE ON ANYTHING BUT AN "EVERYTHING" PLAN. It's designed into the system. It won't let them activate a Pre without it. So for all those that think they're going to pull the wool over on Sprint. I say good luck...

Be prepared to be disappointed.....
    Wow - LARGE and RED? I'm impressed! So they put you on a Simply Everything Plan and then apply a monthly discount to keep you as a customer. Far-fetched? Probably not...
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast