Too much speculation in this thread... and completely wrong information too
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Too much speculation in this thread... and completely wrong information too
    Please enlighten us.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    If people think the big wigs (like Josh Tops, et. al) don't have their reviewer units yet, you don't understand how blogging/corporate relationships work. And for the guys who say they haven't received anything yet are either playing cover up OR aren't big enough for a unit.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    we should see a plethora on or about June 4 when NDA expires.
    I hadn't thought about an expiration date for the NDA, but that makes sense.

Imagine the feeding frenzy when testers start posting reviews! Especially when the new ROM update is available.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    What scares me is that this release seems to be like a movie release. When studios knows they have an ok movie but not a great movie they don't allow critcs to see it or there are no screenings and usually when it's released the movie is just that ok or it sucks. I have high hopes for this phone, but I just don't understand their marketing. You don't need that much money to hand out a couple of phones to different people and let them review. They can even take the phone back after the review so they don't lose the money of those phones. Or maybe they have already done this and once the NDA runs expires, here they come. But then again that's only 2 days before the release day. And what about releasing the damn SDK to more than a few that they have released it to. It was brought up at the D7, why have they not released the SDK to more people when the release is a few days away. Their answer was they had to take baby steps.
    Last edited by lopezpm; 05/31/2009 at 10:25 AM.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    What scares me is that this release seems to be like a movie release. When studios knows they have an ok movie but not a great movie they don't allow critcs to see it or there are no screenings and usually when it's released the movie is just that ok or it sucks. I have high hopes for this phone, but I just don't understand their marketing. You don't need that much money to hand out a couple of phones to different people and let them review. They can even take the phone back after the review so they don't lose the money of those phones. Or maybe they have already done this and once the NDA runs expires, here they come. But then again that's only 2 days before the release day. And what about releasing the damn SDK to more than a few that they have released it to. It was brought up at the D7, why have they not released the SDK to more people when the release is a few days away. Their answer was they had to take baby steps.
    There's one thing Apple does better than any other company, and that is marketing. Palm is following almost the exact same blueprint that Apple did when releasing the iPhone. No difference in secrecy and NDA's, etc. The only difference is advertising, but there's no need to advertise right now as the initial stock will get depleted very quickly. Word of mouth will carry it for a few weeks and then when stock increases they will (should) start the ad campaign full force.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Especially when the new ROM update is available.
    Enough about a new ROM update already. It's just speculation, and if it turns out to be false could give people the wrong impression. I'm sure you're thinking because none of the help menus are there that it'll need to be updated, but for all we know, the help information could actually be a website that you're sent out to. I agree that it's a possibility, but it's nowhere near a given like you've been making it out to be in many posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    What scares me is that this release seems to be like a movie release. When studios knows they have an ok movie but not a great movie they don't allow critcs to see it or there are no screenings and usually when it's released the movie is just that ok or it sucks..
    The iPhone did this same thing. It's just a way to keep interest going. You can relax.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12