1.    #1  
    This is my first post on the forums but I saw everyone post their experiences with asking Sprint associates questions so I decided to post my own.

I went to my local Sprint store today (in the Boston area) and asked if they were taking pre orders for the Pre. The associate told me that if I signed up online at Sprints website to receive alerts about the phone I would receive an e-mail shortly letting me know that I could come in the night before to purchase a Pre. I asked him if this was only being sent to premiere customers and he said no (Keep in mind I am not a premiere customer and am not even a Sprint customer).

I then asked him how many the store is getting in stock and he said "we are definitely getting a lot."

Just thought this was pretty interesting so I thought I would share.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Interesting.

On a side note, why does everyone misuse the word "premiere"? The Sprint program is called Sprint Premier.
    I hope its true but it doesnt sound right. I thought only specific stores in specific cities were going to open the night before and you needed to be a Premier Customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    I hope its true but it doesnt sound right. I thought only specific stores in specific cities were going to open the night before and you needed to be a Premier Customer.
    I heard the exact same thing today from a buddy of mine that works at Sprint. He said he's known about this for 2 days, but isn't supposed to tell anyone. I showed him PreCentral with the post about the early sales, and he was shocked to see it and said "they are not supposed to tell anyone!"
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I heard the exact same thing today from a buddy of mine that works at Sprint. He said he's known about this for 2 days, but isn't supposed to tell anyone. I showed him PreCentral with the post about the early sales, and he was shocked to see it and said "they are not supposed to tell anyone!"
    If that's the case, that'd be sweet. So our best bets (if there isn't a Premier launch party in our city) is to simply go to the store after it closes or around 5 PM and see whether they're selling them early? That would seriously make me happy, and it'd be a feasible and logical thing to do, to start the hype early.

Perhaps the big obvious "one last thing" that they're planning has been right in front of our noses this whole time; a pre-pre-launch!
    Hey im from boston too which sprint store did you go to ?
    I said earlier that I take all these comments from store employees with a grain of salt, however, after calling 3 stores in my area, I'm hopeful that the OP is right.
    They all basically said the same thing: they'd close early on Friday and reopen a couple of hours later and would hold a pre-sale on a first come, first served basis.

All you would need is the email from your registration (not the Premier one, but the notification email we all signed up at Sprint) and you'd be all set.

I really hope this holds true...
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    I said earlier that I take all these comments from store employees with a grain of salt, however, after calling 3 stores in my area, I'm hopeful that the OP is right.
    They all basically said the same thing: they'd close early on Friday and reopen a couple of hours later and would hold a pre-sale on a first come, first served basis.

All you would need is the email from your registration (not the Premier one, but the notification email we all signed up at Sprint) and you'd be all set.

I really hope this holds true...

Imagine that, just like the Instinct release
    I wasn't following the Instinct release (not my cup o'tea). Was that basically their same MO?
    I signed up back in February at both Palm & Sprint to get e-mail alerts about the Pre.

I've gotten nothing. Hopefully they're busy working on the finishing touches to the OS or something.
    -- Josh
    I went to the store in Brighton yesterday, they told me that if I gave them my contact information (and I did) they would call me themselves and tell me when I can come in for an early purchase. They wouldn't tell me when, but I'm assuming it's the after hours on the 5th. I'm not even a Sprint customer yet, so I was surprised when I heard it didn't matter. It doesn't sound right that you will be given the chance directly from sprint.
    My post includes several topics but this seemed best place to lay it all out in one post.

First of all I have only been a Sprint customer since October 2008 after being with AT&T for seven plus years. My wife and I bought two new LG Rumors with the 1500 anytime/unlimited data plan when we came over to Sprint. I have had nothing but EXELLENT customer service when calling Sprint personel or emailing them from my online account. The actual sprint stores in my area suck!

Since I am a "Premier" customer or whatever they want to call it, only one of my lines is available for upgrade. This is awesome to me because I have only been a customer for six months. My plan was to upgrade both lines, with one pre discounted and the other at full retail. I kept calling my local Sprint stores to see if they could give me the full retail price so I could budget for it for the big launch day.

The three stores in my area suck!! Or at least all the people I have spoken with save one.

Anywho, finally I emailed sprint from my online account and a nice woman replied and told me that since I was a "premier" customer that they would let me upgrade both lines at the discounted price! I printed her email and then called customer service to see if she had really updated my account to show what she had written me. Sure enough it was there. I then called the Sprint store to see if they could see it as well and the little punk there told me they can't see that type of information. So I replied to the email that Sprint had written me. The Sprint customer rep told me that if the store would not give me the discount, to simply pay full retail and then call customer service and they would credit my bill for the difference! I called customer service again to validate both emails. They said it was all correct and that one way or another I would get both lines upgraded for the new customer price!! Of course I have both email printed and the employee number of the person I spoke with at customer service.

All this being said, I went back the to Sprint store to see if I could put a deposit on the phones or if they could hold two or call me when they have some information. The dumbass at the store said Sprint had not released the launch date, even though the Sprint website has June 6th! I made the store take my number anyway and told them to call me.

I went home and called customer service again to see if I could pre-order the pre's and the nice woman said she promised she would call me when she has the inventory on the computer. I will try my best to be at the Sprint store on launch morning, but I really dread giving those morons my business. I would rather have it shipped to me and give the people that really helped me the business.

On a side note, I am a banker and an insurance agent, so I was dressed very professional with a suit and tie and those idiots at the actual store just stare into space like they are all loaded or something. It reallly makes me mad people who run a business cannot greet and treat clientele well.

Also, there should be a special check out for people with a credit score of 750 or better. Everytime I have been in a sprint store I have to wait because someone is trying to pay a late bill and it just takes forever. Geez!! Thanks for letting me vent people!

OUT
    Last edited by tripsbacks; 05/23/2009 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Typo
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I was made aware today that not all stores are going to be able to stay open late and sell the pre on the 5th, only very few corporate stores.
    i think thats true. a friend of mine that works at the store closest to me said that they have heard about other stores doing this but they wont be able to sell theirs until the 6th.
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    i think thats true. a friend of mine that works at the store closest to me said that they have heard about other stores doing this but they wont be able to sell theirs until the 6th.

Well from a logistics standpoint it makes sense to send a bunch of inventory to one or two stores in an area and send the nut jobs that have to have it on the first day to those locations and have plenty of stock available. This eliminates the guessing game of how many extra units to allocate to certain stores and helps prevent people from showing up with a buy early email and not being able to because that particular small store got 100 people showing up and only had 10 extra Pre's.
    There are a lot of "Sprint stores" that aren't actually Sprint stores. The real Sprint stores refer to them as "kiosks" even though they're not all in the mall and some look exactly like a genuine Sprint store. Obviously, the ones that sell Spring and Cricket and tMobile and Sprint are NOT real Sprint stores, but there are many stores with the official Sprint logo and the yellow funny-shaped flag flying outside and not dealing with any other carriers that aren't the real deal. The best way to be certain is to look for a local store a Sprint's website. It will list their official stores, and will even list a small fraction of their partnered stores (it will list those as "Operated by xxx" or whatever). Stick with the real store if you want good info, good help and a chance at a phone before all the other shlubs.