1.    #1  
    As the title asks, and have yet to see any comments on this? If you go to a 24 hour WalMart at midnight, will they sell you one at 12:01am on the 6th? It's been a long time since I have been there late at night, and maybe the people at the cell phone counters are only there during certain hours or something? It's not as if they are going to get the shipment in on the 6th and can't put them out until a certain time during the day? Chances are if you go to one and ask at midnight they will probably look at you with a big question mark above their head, but who knows?
    maybe you can call ahead and the elderly greeter in blue vest can be waiting for you at the front door with open arms and your shiny new PRE in his hands???
    Quote Originally Posted by PreOrity View Post
    As the title asks, and have yet to see any comments on this? If you go to a 24 hour WalMart at midnight, will they sell you one at 12:01am on the 6th? It's been a long time since I have been there late at night, and maybe the people at the cell phone counters are only there during certain hours or something? It's not as if they are going to get the shipment in on the 6th and can't put them out until a certain time during the day? Chances are if you go to one and ask at midnight they will probably look at you with a big question mark above their head, but who knows?
    That's my first stop.....then RS or BB....then Sprint....all while on the phone with telesales...who ever "Pre-s" me first......!!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    That's my first stop.....then RS or BB....then Sprint....all while on the phone with telesales...who ever "Pre-s" me first......!!!!

IGO
    why in that order? proximity or preference?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Most 24 hour Wal-Marts electronics/cellular departments close at 10 or 11 so i doubt it but you can call ahead of time and ask just to make sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    why in that order? proximity or preference?
    Im sure I'll have to drive to at 24hour Wally World...so if they dont have any.....I can wait till 7am...get on the cell with telesales...and be at Sprint at the same time...then about 9 or 10am BB and RS open.....see...got it all planned out....

IGO
    You wouldnt be able to buy it even if they did. The place where you buy the cell phones doesnt open till like 9 or 10am anyway.Yes, the electronics part is open 24/7, but they wouldnt have anyone there to do the paperwork, contracts, etc.
    I bet if you order from telesales you would have your unit a week before Walmart even gets a single shipment out on the floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    I bet if you order from telesales you would have your unit a week before Walmart even gets a single shipment out on the floor.
    Telesales to begin selling June 4th and if you order before 1PM pacific, you can have your pre on the 5th via overnight delivery! Or so I've heard.....
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Telesales to begin selling June 4th and if you order before 1PM pacific, you can have your pre on the 5th via overnight delivery! Or so I've heard.....
    Gonna try that the night before......rather ......during the day..

IGO
    So it doesn't sound like Walmart will carry the Pre the first day but I wonder when they will? I'd imagine when manufacturing is ramped up.

Sprint needs to convince Walmart to sell in towns where ATT does not have 3G service but Sprint does.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    i asked a 24 hour wal-mart supercenter employee in the cell phone department and he said they wouldnt have any on launch day and that they will be getting them later (on in the month?). He didn't know much more besides that...sucks
    does anyone know of any wal-marts selling on saturday i called like 6 of them all said the same thing "we dont carry sprint phones " weird anybody know of any of them selling them sat????
    That might be why Walmart won't have it for a while. They have to get all setup to sell Sprint. That's probably a fairly big project in itself. Hopefully Walmart won't nix Sprint given that Verizon has now said they'll carry it next year.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Yea I'm sure this is depending on specific stores and what their strategy is. Calling ahead would be wise.
    Most 24 hour Wal Marts are in fact open 24 hours a day... just not in a row...
    ETUTREO300
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ETUTREO300 View Post
    Most 24 hour Wal Marts are in fact open 24 hours a day... just not in a row...
    what?