Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Few weeks ago I was reading somewhere that phone doesnt work when pre is in USB mode. It would be pretty lame if its so, but can someone confirm or deny the veracity of this?
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
    When being used as a mass storage device it will not work. From reports that means actively transferring files to and from the device not just having the USB attached.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    When being used as a mass storage device it will not work. From reports that means actively transferring files to and from the device not just having the USB attached.
    That's correct. Because it would be *retarded* to just connect the phone to a PC for USB charging and have the phone feature turn off.
    no big deal here. i think it's just when in "mount" mode moving files - not charging. i don't want to be bothered when i'm moving files. go to voicemail and i'll deal with you later. hopefully via VVM but not necessarily.
  5.    #5  
    Wish there were a way where it least would tell you someone tried to call. In case of moving files which are many megabytes, like movies, its gonna take few seconds, and I certainly don't want to miss calls during that time-especially phone interview calls sometimes.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    A bigger issue is that you can't surf the web, email, etc. while on the phone, unlike the iPhone. I'm going to get the Pre, but I can't tell you how many times I've been on the phone and look up something on the Internet while talking. That's a real shortcoming for the Pre, at least to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    A bigger issue is that you can't surf the web, email, etc. while on the phone, unlike the iPhone. I'm going to get the Pre, but I can't tell you how many times I've been on the phone and look up something on the Internet while talking. That's a real shortcoming for the Pre, at least to me.
    conflicting reports so we dont know yet. Hesse himself said you can do it. so did the goon's sprint rep and another guy. hold tight.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    conflicting reports so we dont know yet. Hesse himself said you can do it. so did the goon's sprint rep and another guy. hold tight.
    Man, I hope you're right...
    EDVO Rev A does NOT have that capability. They are most likely mentioning it because of Wifi, so while technically possible not what people are thinking of when they say simultaneous data / voice.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Bummer...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    EDVO Rev A does NOT have that capability. They are most likely mentioning it because of Wifi, so while technically possible not what people are thinking of when they say simultaneous data / voice.
    i could have sworn i read someone did it on the instinct and it was voice and 3G.
    i could have sworn i read someone did it on the instinct and it was voice and 3G.
    I too have "read it" - a bunch of times, but it's still not possible.
  13. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    im 99% sure it'll support it based on what my palm rep's told me
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
  14.    #14  
    Thats right. This is from palmgoon.com

Fdezarra: How will the Pre handle voice and data? Will it be able to handle both simultaneously? If not, will it store emails and hold on to them to be sent as soon as possible once voice is over? Or will it not let you write an email at all unless you are NOT on the phone?

That is the beauty of a 3G EVDO network, it can handle data and voice at the same time so you can receive and send all you want while you are on the phone. Heck, even the Instinct does that now. Of course, the Pre takes it further with multi-tasking. The Instinct canít do that.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    That's interesting. Who was being quoted?
    That's a bit of a let down, not a deal breaker though. Hopefully there can be a workaround as transferring large files can take a while. Heck if PalmOS' Card Reader program can work AND allow calls at the same time, I don't see why a multitasking OS can't handle this.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    That's interesting. Who was being quoted?
    Its here. Its the second question. Someone asked the question and the sprint guy responded. So, thats enough to calm me down a bit till someone actually tries it.
    Edit: Currently the site is down. You still might see it in the google cached version of the page.
    If you do a few searches you will see the network isn't capable of it. So don't be disappointed when you can't do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    Its here. Its the second question. Someone asked the question and the sprint guy responded. So, thats enough to calm me down a bit till someone actually tries it.
    Edit: Currently the site is down. You still might see it in the google cached version of the page.
    It could be easily verified if someone with an instinct tries this.
    Unless the thing has two discrete radios, it most likely cannot. Current CDMA Sprint phones don't and I'd be surprised if this changed just because this is the Pre.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast