Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Does anyone here know how the ETF for Verizon Wireless works? My girlfriend is looking to cancel Verizon to get the Pre. I know Sprint's ETF goes down after 6 months. Is it similar to that?

Her 2 year contract is up in September of this year and would be canceling in June.
    Its $175 at the time you sign the contract. I think they take $5 off for every month from the time you sign the contract. So she is only looking at around $20 I think.

Call VZW to check with them.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    My contract is up in Sep. I called them and right now my ETF is 75.00 They said the lowest is 50.00.

HTH
    Not to bad, I doing the same thing but only 1 year into contract.
    April 2009-Verizon Wireless Get out of ETF with the picture and video messaging fee increase! - SlickDeals.net Forums

verizon changed their rates regarding pic messaging. Basically you have two months since they informed you of this change to cancel service without an ETF. I have done this and they have notated my account to waive the ETF and I have til the 26th of this month to leave so it works, just need to follow the link exactly. Hope it helps