Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Apparently has VERY limited supply nationwide. I put my name on a list (okay, I STARTED the list) at a local Radio Shack on May 19th, when it was announced that they would get the Pre. I got a call from the store today--won't have and claims no Radio Shack in southern New Jersey will have them.

Hoping one of the Sprint stores comes through for me.
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Indeed this has been posted. No Radioshacks in the Portland Metro area will have them at launch, according to my research.
    Yes as noted elsewhere, looks like most RS stores will not have the Pre at launch. Still have not figured out what the criteria are...
    Just went to my RS in Northen NJ here. They didn't even know they would be getting them eventually. I think I have a better chance of finding a snowball in hates then getting a Pre on the 6th.
    i would never buy from Radio Shack just on general principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    I haven't been since my local one stopped selling solder, but I have to say you could get horror stories on all of the vendors, sprint included.
    I checked Radio Shack in Manhattan, Northern and Central Jersey and NONE will have any, the best they could tell me is they would get them eventually.

Im probably going to the flagship store in Manhattan around 6am
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Radio Shack near me will have the Pre on the 6th.

$199 for new customers
    $249 for existing customers

Not sure why the 249 for existing customers. I thought all customers eligible for upgrade pricing would pay 199 but ...

I'm going to see the guy I know that works there tomorrow to get clarification on the pricing.

BTW> I'm in So.Cal so it's a bigger market. I'm guessing bigger market Radio Shacks will have them on the 6th.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissurra View Post
    I checked Radio Shack in Manhattan, Northern and Central Jersey and NONE will have any, the best they could tell me is they would get them eventually.

Im probably going to the flagship store in Manhattan around 6am
    I think that shows just how limited the quantities are in the first shipment.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Radioshack is pretty much a useless entity anymore.
    If you need $12 RCA cables in a hurry or $100 Gold HDMI cables.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I walked into a Radio Shack here in NYC yesterday and they said they were getting 4 units in. I was put on the list at #2, but I am not sure that means anything. I'm going back in an hour to confirm everything.

He said they don't do MIR so I'm expecting it to be 200 out the door.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I'm also in So. Cal and my local Radio Shack called me this morning to confirm that they received shipment of only 2 PREs yesterday and to come @ 0900 tomorrow when they open to pick them up. I was placed on the waiting list last Monday and reserved for two as I'm getting on the family plan. WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

Oh yeah, I was first on the list. A couple of hours later, there were a total of 8.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    I respect your principle, but why would this prevent you from getting the PRE from a Radio Shack if you can specially with such a shortage? My local Radio Shack employees possess more class, knowledge, and excellent customer service than the corporate Sprint stores I've visited. I don't buy from Radio Shack either only because I don't need anything from that store, but I do stop by just to browse and see their interesting merchandise. Nonetheless, I always get a greeting with a smile from the employees unlike Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by rijc99 View Post
    Radio Shack near me will have the Pre on the 6th.

$199 for new customers
    $249 for existing customers

Not sure why the 249 for existing customers. I thought all customers eligible for upgrade pricing would pay 199 but ...

I'm going to see the guy I know that works there tomorrow to get clarification on the pricing.

BTW> I'm in So.Cal so it's a bigger market. I'm guessing bigger market Radio Shacks will have them on the 6th.
    I'm from northern NJ, put my name on the list to get called last week, and got the call last night. For now, through, they quotes the $199 for new, but $219 for existing. I wonder what the real price will be?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    i hear the radio shacks in malls will have some.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I've been on the phone with my local Radio Shack since early last week...from being told that I was the first interested party. They made it clear that there would be no list and first-come first-serve at the door only...sigh!
    Place witty signature here:
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Well I planned on being at the local RS at 8:00 but began imagining the few who would show up at 7:59. What is an extra hour between friends anyway? I got here at 7:00 and so far I'm the first and only one here. I got my cofee...a camp chair, my Treo 755 and my XM radio. The sun FINALLY came out and the fresh air feels good. Sure some folks may wonder what I'm doing sitting under the pre sign in the window 2 hours before opening time but I'm getting MY pre today...oh and an LG Lotus for the Dear Wife! Incidently, if anyone is near the Long Beach, NY store I am told that they will have at least 15 units today.
    Good luck all!
    Place witty signature here:
    I'm also waiting in front of a radio shack...been here since 600am...no one is here yet...there isn't any pre advertising in front of this one, but they told me they were getting some yesterday...i hope they weren't mistaken.

do any of you guys know how much they charge for activating the phone at RS and if they have any additional fees?
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    Radioshack is pretty much a useless entity anymore.
    If you need $12 RCA cables in a hurry or $100 Gold HDMI cables.
    Yeah, if you need cables in a hurry, you can buy the RS ones for $100. Then order them online for $10. Then take the RS ones back.

Anyway, I buy lots of stuff at RS. They are not too bad for some things. And they are local. If you want to have the convenience, you need to support the store, I always say.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.