Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Just wanted to let everybody know that although I got the invite on May 19th and I registered right away , I had not received the confirmation email that you need to bring to the event.

When I registered online there was a contact email for further information. I sent a note today asking for my confirmation email and they sent it right away.

So if you are still waiting for your confirmation email, it might be worth emailing the contact provided to you at the time of registration.

Hope this helps
    I have no idea of the validity of this, but in the Sprint store I was just in 10 minutes ago, the manager claimed that any and all early sales to premiere customers was NOT happening. They had planned on being open for premiere customers on Friday night, but it was canceled. He said he had just received word on this (so, this could be regarding the email we have heard about not allowing stores to open until the 6th under any circumstance). He said that it will first come, first serve basis ONLY! I would imagine that the few launch parties being held are the only exceptions to this.

The one other thing of note that he mentioned to me was that he doesn't believe the supply problem is as bad as many think. He said he obviously doesn't know how many Pre's they will receive yet, but he completely doubted it would be something small like 5 per store. Sprint has never launched a phone with that few units, and according to the amount of customer buzz he has already received, he said there would be no sense in releasing it if there were so few going to be available. He did mention that that could be the case for reseller stores, such as BB and Radioshack, but he honestly could not see a chance in hell (his words) that corporate would only send 5 units for launch day. He guessed around 30 sounded more reasonable.

Obviously this is no confirmation of anything, really, but at least management is currently under the assumption that supply will be limited, but not nearly as bad as we think. At least not for actual sprint stores. Take it FWIW.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlPre View Post
    Just wanted to let everybody know that although I got the invite on May 19th and I registered right away , I had not received the confirmation email that you need to bring to the event.
    When I registered online there was a contact email for further information. I sent a note today asking for my confirmation email and they sent it right away.
    So if you are still waiting for your confirmation email, it might be worth emailing the contact provided to you at the time of registration.
    Hope this helps
    check you spam folder, my confirmation did not come from Sprint but from a third party.