Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i'd get a cheap little mini netbook like the Dell mini 9. your grades would probably go up and you won't have carpal tunnel syndrome at age 30.
    I think ct can also develop from improper typing as well. LOL. And I don't plan on being in school by that time or before
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by cckgz4 View Post
    I think ct can also develop from improper typing as well. LOL. And I don't plan on being in school by that time or before
    you miss my point. delayed reaction. years of typing copious notes in class on a little centro keyboard could come back years later as CTS. not to mention pissing off all of your teachers as a distraction.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    And with the work I turned in, it showed that I was doing more than just "texting". Most of the professors I had didn't have a problem except for one, in which I argued that having a laptop could be a bigger distraction. And doesn't it have a scientific calculator?

If I just listen, I'll forget everything by the time I get home LOL. And I already explained that my handwriting wasn't legible.

Different strokes.....
    I too have horrible handwriting, and I have a wonderful Centro also, but I can't type fast enough on that little keyboard. I use mVoice or CallRec to record the entire meeting and then connect my ¢tro to my laptop when I'm back in the office with Card Reader to transfer the meeting file and then transcribe it. During the meeting I jot down bullet points with the minute count from my recording so I know generally when that bullet point will pop-up in the recording. Hopefully one of the two companies (Qmobilsoft or MotionApps) will make a voice recording app for the Pre. Hint! Hint!
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    I called the Sprint reseller affiliated with my employer and got on their list for the Palm Pre. The rep sent me a Pre Launch Guide intended for Sprint internal use only. I was going to post it here, but it's 1MB which is too large for forum rules. Here are a few notable points:
    • SERO plans will not work on the Pre
    I don't think it's a matter of the SERO plan "will not work" because the SERO plans have unlimited DATA, it's the same their Everything plans. Sprint just won't allow it. IMO, right?
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmfood View Post
    I don't think it's a matter of the SERO plan "will not work" because the SERO plans have unlimited DATA, it's the same their Everything plans. Sprint just won't allow it. IMO, right?
    Bingo.

They want to use their hottest phones to raise ARPU, not break even or possibly lower it.
    That's pretty much how the cookie crumbles. I've seen a couple of posts on various forums by alleged Sprint employees who claim that the company's provisioning system, iRMS, has no activation options for non-Everything plans -- so employees have no discretion to override the system. There was an iRMS loophole for the Instinct, where people were buying it off of eBay and doing an ESN swap online, but that loophole is now closed.

As long as demand exceeds supply, Sprint has no incentive to sell some of their Pre inventory to low-profit, high-maintenance customers when there are enough high-profit, low-maintenance customers to sell to. If they have, hypothetically, 1M units to sell this year, and they're more or less assured to sell out, there's not much point (beyond goodwill) in selling a Pre to someone unwilling to pay more than $30 a month while there's someone else out there who's will to pay $70-100 a month. ARPU is, well, simply everything.
    Well, spoke with Business Premier CSR today. She informs me that "no there will be no early ordering of the Pre" this coming week. "Ordering on the 6th is when it will begin." Asked her about price for Bus. Premier Cust.'s(secondary to rumors of th $199 price), she said "I'm getting an echo on my phone, give me your phone number, I'll check on the price and call you back." Now you can guess....3 hours have gone by and no return phone call!
    So regular CSR's and Bus. Premier CSR's are cut from the same cloth.....Burlap!

I know what the Launch Guide says, but no one at Sprint does. Frustrating!
    Quote Originally Posted by georges326 View Post
    Asked her about price for Bus. Premier Cust.'s(secondary to rumors of th $199 price), she said "I'm getting an echo on my phone, give me your phone number, I'll check on the price and call you back." Now you can guess....3 hours have gone by and no return phone call!
    Hence the smoking crater where once stood a CSR.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I too have horrible handwriting, and I have a wonderful Centro also, but I can't type fast enough on that little keyboard. I use mVoice or CallRec to record the entire meeting and then connect my ¢tro to my laptop when I'm back in the office with Card Reader to transfer the meeting file and then transcribe it. During the meeting I jot down bullet points with the minute count from my recording so I know generally when that bullet point will pop-up in the recording. Hopefully one of the two companies (Qmobilsoft or MotionApps) will make a voice recording app for the Pre. Hint! Hint!
    Don't know if it would meet your needs, but I was just reading about:
    SpinVox - Home page

Pretty cool.

Cheers, Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I think a year and I'll bet that is what Palm thinks.

I am not saying it isn't going to happen, but that a year is likely.

Everyones resources are stretched and there is yet to be a compelling reason for corporate IT to support it. They have to see an advantage. It requires either the maker, palm, spending money they don't have to support it by deploying and funding teams, and/or companies to spend their own money and resources and take risks. This is in an environment where spending is cut by buyers and Palm has little resources.
    I'm thinking we'll see it sooner. ActiveSync is coming with the Pre, so I think that will speed the process. The underlying ability is already done with EAS, it just needs to be implemented (and possibly additional license fees applied).
    Engadget

check it out!
    This part is key ImageShack - Image Hosting :: prelaunchmanualpicture2.jpg

Pre ordering available "this week"
    old news
    Thanks for posting, but we're on top of things here, I think most users have read that thoroughly already!
    Oh no@read-only for Documents to Go. I use my Centro for my notes in class (creating notes). So that's a bad strike for me
    Here's something right from the document
    "What document support will be available with the Pre?
    • Dataviz Docs-to-Go shipping in ROM. Document viewing capabilities for Word, Excel, PowerPoint,PDF
    • Document Editing will be available as after-market, third-party application by Dataviz Docs-to-Go. Timing TBDTBDTBD&$quot$;

So yeah, editing is coming
    I would be careful releasing a PDF - might be watermarked or canary trapped. Dump it to plain text, run a spell check on it to make sure any intentional spelling errors are eliminated, and then post it - a plain text version should take up only a few KB.
    Wow, now this is a thread bump.
  18.    #119  
    Weird. Post #117 is a duplicate of post #8, but under a different name. Forum bug, perhaps?
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456