Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by phone queen View Post
    now i have a question after reading the pre palm launch guide, i have the everything data plan do i have to switch to the everything plan.......
    you dont need an everything plan, I have a everything family data plan, and its still good with the pre, if it's listed in the launch guide i'm sure you're good
    I have a Free and Clear family plan with unlimited data. I assume this is the type of legacy plan they are getting rid of and I will not be allowed to keep it if I go with a Pre?

Anyone know?
    Quote Originally Posted by C5Longhorn View Post
    I have a Free and Clear family plan with unlimited data. I assume this is the type of legacy plan they are getting rid of and I will not be allowed to keep it if I go with a Pre?

Anyone know?
    they will try, it looks pretty clear they will try and exclude it at first. But they tried to exclude the F&C and the FF on the instinct and backtracked. If you want it and are told no give retentions your best shot and if not successful get a new plan. Or you could, wait, becasue there is a good chance they will relent once supply meets demand.
    Thanks, I will try that and see what happens.
    Interesting they won't even attempt to repair the pre they just exchange it...I wonder which repairs will receive an exchange and which ones will require an Assurion claim.
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre
    Not having the ability to invite attendees to calendar entries is a big one. I can't believe that wouldn't have been a standard feature. Also, I certainly hope TeleNav is included. I use both of those features frequently on my Blackberry.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i have a weird habit of entering all of my palm appointments as untimed but put the time next to it as part of the entry-

"John Smith - Lunch - 21 Club - 12pm"

this way all of the appointments are condensed view. yes i know extra steps and yes the pre will have accordion yada yada yada. 10+ year habit.
    But then you can't insert an appointment to be in time order. Maybe that doesn't matter. It also looks similar to the Task List.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Nearly all the stores in my area have special hours and there is only one launch party.
    It is clear that way more than ten (looks like thousands) have special hours.

also why did you add this: "They explicitly say only 10 flagship stores are having 6/5 launch parties and sales"

The explicitly do not say that.
    ::shrug:: They don't, but either way the whole arrangement is confusing and a mess. They're creating at least 3 different launch experiences.

1. Party/Celebs/The works, with advance Pres for everyone
    2. [Iff 1 not in your area] Possibly a launch event happening after the store "closes" at 6pm for people who come, with or without "premier" status (I've heard just about every variation on this story possible), depending on what the manager's mood is, phase of the moon, gravitational pull of the planets, current atmospheric anomalies, solar coronal output, e.t.c. (Essentially this is a huge tossup)
    3. Normal launch on the 6th, starting at regular store hours.

It's very unknown to me at this point, and I'm confused what the different launch tiers are since the corporate sprint store in my area has confirmed about 3 different times that they're not having a party, an event, or anything special on the 5th. They also aren't listed as having special store hours on the 5th like every store.

I don't know what that means, should I chill in the store around that time or wait it out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i saved that PDF puppy to my desktop. i'll be pouring over that puppy in minute detail for quite a while!
    Gekko, Tell us of any details we missed.

And monkeydog, thank you. Great Job!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    I actually took this as very negative. We've known for some time that we'd be able to view MS Office docs. The wording here at least implies that that's all we'll be able to do - no editing.

I've been going through what's on my Treo, figuring out what I need to port over, what can be discarded. It turns out there is nothing in D2G for me that's just static stuff to view.

Mostly I've got a bunch of Excel spreadsheets either used as logs (mileage, a bottle use log to help estimate when I need to order more eye medicine) or specialized calculators (a sheet with lots of beer brewing calculations, a sheet for estimating electron beam dosages as a function of voltage and sample thickness, a sheet for estimating glass transition temperature of copolymers, etc).

Bottom line - at least for me, viewing isn't going to provide much value. I need to be able to edit.
    I think If you read the document again, slowly this time (I know the first time was so exciting most people missed a lot of details) you would see that its says that editing would come a short time later.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdtalker View Post
    I don't know what that means, should I chill in the store around that time or wait it out?
    Just wait until there is an official announcement, then decide what to do.
    In regards to Garmin/TT. At least TT is not tied to a card, will it be able to use the internal GPS with the POS emulator? As much as I crave a Pre and was waiting to get Google with position find, not having turn by turn directions in areas without cell coverage is a non-starter for me. I know, I'm probably the only user with that need...
    Quote Originally Posted by cvela90 View Post
    In regards to Garmin/TT. At least TT is not tied to a card, will it be able to use the internal GPS with the POS emulator? As much as I crave a Pre and was waiting to get Google with position find, not having turn by turn directions in areas without cell coverage is a non-starter for me. I know, I'm probably the only user with that need...
    It won't work in Classic so no. But I hear ya, I am thinking the same, TeleNav sucks and it needs a signal to work.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Last one. Page 21, when discussing remote wipe..............

"Users can simply log onto their Palm Profile webpage and initiate a ‘remote erase’ command to their Pre."

This will be a no-no for many enterprises. Instead of using the normal exchange admin tool, IT staff would need a Palm specific tool.
    FAIL

This will not fly at my employer at all. Ironically, we are a major Sprint partner. Way to go, Palm. <slowclap>
    Quote Originally Posted by vga4life View Post
    FAIL

This will not fly at my employer at all. Ironically, we are a major Sprint partner. Way to go, Palm. <slowclap>
    That's why it isn't being marketed towards enterprise customers, it says so in the same document.

For consumers who don't have an army of IT staff, however, this is potentially a useful feature.
    I work in IT but lucky for me, I will probably be the only one with a Pre No hard work for me here .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    I think If you read the document again, slowly this time (I know the first time was so exciting most people missed a lot of details) you would see that its says that editing would come a short time later.
    Yes, on second reading, I agree with you. No big deal after all.
    This bites. I've been waiting two years for an upgraded Sprint phone, and there is no way my IT people will support this with the lack of ability to integrate ActiveSync security features. I agree that Palm has blown this for many business users.
    I was on the fence about the Pre until I saw the "Exclusive NASCAR Content" feature on page one. The Pre dominates the field with that capability!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vga4life View Post
    FAIL

how will they know?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast