Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 119
  1. #21  
    i saved that PDF puppy to my desktop. i'll be pouring over that puppy in minute detail for quite a while!
  2. #22  
    Absolutely excellent! Thanks so much (and I do hope no one is in trouble over this...)
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    Finally - the last page was the best of all!
    Are you talking about the weekly calls?

    Excellent find! I am, however, concerned with the following:

    SERO customers should be directed to Telesales for upgrades and plan swaps.
    I don't want to read too much into it, but would they be unable to change my SERO plan at the Sprint (or BBY) store?

    Should we change our plans before the launch? I've made my mind from the beginning I'd switch my plan (my wife is keeping hers and I'll get a 27% discount through my employer, so it's not bad at all), so I don't have a problem chaning plans.
  4. #24  
    Cool stuff!!

    Anybody notice that there is not a single mention of "multi-touch". I hope phone still supports it. May be they just did not think it was worth mentioning since business related application don't generally need multi-touch. Yes?
  5. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    nice find.

    i'll be buying my car charger and extra wall charger at palm.com or best buy. i don't like "SPRINT" plastered all over my accessories!!!
    Same here. I just wish I would have thought of that before getting the tattoo...
  6. #26  
    Awesome, the Pre does support multiple Exchange servers. No other device does that, so I'd been wondering about it.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Are you talking about the weekly calls?

    Excellent find! I am, however, concerned with the following:


    I don't want to read too much into it, but would they be unable to change my SERO plan at the Sprint (or BBY) store?

    Should we change our plans before the launch? I've made my mind from the beginning I'd switch my plan (my wife is keeping hers and I'll get a 27% discount through my employer, so it's not bad at all), so I don't have a problem chaning plans.
    Yes, they cannot touch SERO plans in store, you must call CC before getting the Pre to change plans.
  8. #28  
    Some great info in there! Great find.
  9. #29  
    Oh, I love page 13, the lady crossing her fingers!

    Also, on the same page:
    Pre-Orders:
    The Palm Pre will be available for pre-orders this week. An Alert will be sent when the Pre is open for pre-orders.
    DUBYA-TEE-EFF?

    When is "next week"?
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Yes, they cannot touch SERO plans in store, you must call CC before getting the Pre to change plans.
    For such a huge impact it can have, you'd think more people would've mention this "tiny" details in the endless SERO threads around the net.
  11. #31  
    so those on SERO better call customer service and switch to an everything plan ASAP or they might find themselves SOL come June 5/6.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Oh, I love page 13, the lady crossing her fingers!

    Also, on the same page:


    DUBYA-TEE-EFF?

    When is "next week"?
    I thought I was the only one who noticed that!!! I think it's for business accounts only though.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
  13. #33  
    I am so printing this is in color.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    The Docs to go is a very positive indicator.
    I actually took this as very negative. We've known for some time that we'd be able to view MS Office docs. The wording here at least implies that that's all we'll be able to do - no editing.

    I've been going through what's on my Treo, figuring out what I need to port over, what can be discarded. It turns out there is nothing in D2G for me that's just static stuff to view.

    Mostly I've got a bunch of Excel spreadsheets either used as logs (mileage, a bottle use log to help estimate when I need to order more eye medicine) or specialized calculators (a sheet with lots of beer brewing calculations, a sheet for estimating electron beam dosages as a function of voltage and sample thickness, a sheet for estimating glass transition temperature of copolymers, etc).

    Bottom line - at least for me, viewing isn't going to provide much value. I need to be able to edit.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    I actually took this as very negative. We've known for some time that we'd be able to view MS Office docs. The wording here at least implies that that's all we'll be able to do - no editing.

    I've been going through what's on my Treo, figuring out what I need to port over, what can be discarded. It turns out there is nothing in D2G for me that's just static stuff to view.

    Mostly I've got a bunch of Excel spreadsheets either used as logs (mileage, a bottle use log to help estimate when I need to order more eye medicine) or specialized calculators (a sheet with lots of beer brewing calculations, a sheet for estimating electron beam dosages as a function of voltage and sample thickness, a sheet for estimating glass transition temperature of copolymers, etc).

    Bottom line - at least for me, viewing isn't going to provide much value. I need to be able to edit.
    who are you? Mr. Wizard???
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    who are you? Mr. Wizard???
    I trained Mr. Wizard.
  17. prebert's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #37  
    On page 8 it says that "Employee Wireless Discounts..." "...are not eligible to purchase the Palm Pre at launch."

    I don't work for Sprint, but they do give me a discount because of where I work. Does that restriction include me ?

    I hope not
    Attached Images Attached Images
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by prebert View Post
    On page 8 it says that "Employee Wireless Discounts..." "...are not eligible to purchase the Palm Pre at launch."

    I don't work for Sprint, but they do give me a discount because of where I work. Does that restriction include me ?

    I hope not
    yup. but i dont think the discount would apply anyway at $199. it's the "lesser of" new contract price or employer discount price. employer discount is for MSRP ie $549 which is a no for now on Pre.
  19. #39  
    Im happy about this part, page 17.............

    "Ability to view e-mail attachments (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe PDF),including wave files used for Unified Communication messages (and support for Cisco Unified Messaging)

    This is great for corporate VOIP users.
  20. #40  
    BAD - "Inviting attendees to a meeting from the device is currently not supported"

    GOOD - Secure Wi-Fi- EAP-TLS, PEAP v1/v2, EAP-TTLS, EAP-FAST, LEAP
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions