Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    so ive been goin crazy for a week trying to figure out what im on and what i need to do to get a pre on june 6th...

well, it turns out im on an andvantage plan which is a heavily discounted plan under a sprint employee (one of their "add-on's") and sice we get such a discount we can't get the phone on day one. we have to wait until "late summer" to get it with the discount. so if i go to a sprint store i can buy one, but i have to pay full price ... damn damn damn damn damn

luckily i have been saving up for this since jan and figured it would b around $500.00 so i have the money.

does anyone know of a way that us advantage plan members can get the phone on june 6th for cheaper?

if your part of the advantage plan are your willing to spend the $600?
    If my plan was heavily discounted, I would have no problem paying the unsubsidized price. I usually do the subsidized price because I just end up paying it back over the course of the contract. I'm already gonna end up paying like $375 or something because my plan isn't up until October.

I never mind shelling out for a smartphone because it is a valuable and useful tool that I will use daily for 2 years.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    My understanding is that the advantage plans will not be eligible for the PRE, can you comment? I also have an advantage plan and my Buddy who works for sprint who I have my plan under has advised me of this.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    i talked to my friend who works at sprint and said that if i cn get my hands on one, then he can activate it under the advantage plan. im pretty sure all that means is that we will have to pay full price for the hardware. which, like neodorian said, its worth it since we pay very little monthly, by the end of the first year we would have already made our money back instead of having to pay the 99.99 a month... so when u buy it, you cant have them activate and you cant sign up for a contract... start saving up$$$!
    Good luck with that
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I thought only the everything data or simply everything would work. I have an employee plan but not the advantage one so if this is true I would pay full retail as well.
    The 21 page launch guide says "Employee Wireless Discounts and Wireless Advantage Club accounts are not eligible to purchase the Palm Pre at launch."

I take that to mean Advantage Club accounts can't purchase the Pre now, but will be able to purchase and use the Pre on their accounts a few months down the road when supply of the Pre is better.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    so if i go into a sprint store and say. hi i want to buy the hardware only but not activate it. how will they have any idea that im on sprint?
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    honestly i'm thinking about just getting another line for a few months.... i know i know its sad!
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbpooch View Post
    The 21 page launch guide says "Employee Wireless Discounts and Wireless Advantage Club accounts are not eligible to purchase the Palm Pre at launch."

I take that to mean Advantage Club accounts can't purchase the Pre now, but will be able to purchase and use the Pre on their accounts a few months down the road when supply of the Pre is better.
    I was also told this by a friend who works for sprint, he said they are "talking" about locking it to the account its purchased with???

He said their store canceled the release party and several other things. His store has a "pre" meeting this friday at 6am that is mandatory for all everyone and they will be getting all the details then.