Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got back from my local Sprint store where I asked TWO employees if they had a Pre advocate. Their response? "never heard of an advocate". Clueless at Sprint. Imagine my chagrin at my naivete in thinking about switching carriers to get a Pre...
    Either they are uninformed or apathetic low-wage employees like lots of phone salesmen or they are not allowed to talk about it under the NDA.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Probably not supposed to talk about it and are just lying to you. Or they're idiots, would you expect more from Verizon or AT&T? Those people are always the last to know anything.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Try a different Sprint store. You will probably be better of at a company store rather than a contract store.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Probably not supposed to talk about it and are just lying to you. Or they're idiots, would you expect more from Verizon or AT&T? Those people are always the last to know anything.
    First half of this is more than likely correct.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    They could have responded, "our particular store doesn't have a pre advocate"
    or "he is off today", "or he had to send his pre back yesteday..." Then I wouldn't consider Sprint to be so pathetically challenged in their Pre rollout, seeing as they didn't inform their employees of the most basic of information.
  7.    #7  
    Tom, it was a company store. I checked.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    They could have responded, "our particular store doesn't have a pre advocate"
    or "he is off today", "or he had to send his pre back yesteday..." Then I wouldn't consider Sprint to be so pathetically challenged in their Pre rollout, seeing as they didn't inform their employees of the most basic of information.
    Maybe they're not supposed to even acknowledge that there is an advocate. Who knows, but who cares. Do you really trust anybody in one of those stores (I don't care which carrier you go to) to supply you with more information than you get here? They take your money and give you a phone, that's about as much as you can expect from them. Of course there are a few bright ones, but you're lucky if you get one of them.
    Do you really expect every $9/hr employee to care about a new phone release?

In a perfect world sure but seriously what do you expect?
  10.    #10  
    true.
    do they really only make $9/hr?
    I just got back from my local Sprint store where I asked TWO employees if they had a Pre advocate. Their response? "never heard of an advocate". Clueless at Sprint. Imagine my chagrin at my naivete in thinking about switching carriers to get a Pre...
    I'm a little ... skeptical ... that a member of the forum joined this month, has posted 2 times (as of your original post), was going to switch to Sprint for the Pre, and changed his mind over this single incident...

I know, I know, call me a skeptic, but there it is...

Would it help if someone pointed out a store where they aren't clueless?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'm a little ... skeptical ... that a member of the forum joined this month, has posted 2 times (as of your original post), was going to switch to Sprint for the Pre, and changed his mind over this single incident...

I know, I know, call me a skeptic, but there it is...

Would it help if someone pointed out a store where they aren't clueless?

Why are u skeptical, again? Because I just signed up today? so what??? That has no bearing on content or intent of my post. Please stop with the conspiracy theories--it makes you seem silly.
    Why are u skeptical, again? Because I just signed up today? so what??? That has no bearing on content or intent of my post. Please stop with the conspiracy theories--it makes you seem silly.
    I'm skeptical that you had decided, and then changed your mind based on one experience in one store.

As to why - it just doesn't make sense, that's why.
    I think it's lame to post a thread bashing a company based on two lame minimum wage employees at a store. I could walk into numerous retail stores from other companies and draw that same conclusion.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I think it's lame to post a thread bashing a company based on two lame minimum wage employees at a store. I could walk into numerous retail stores from other companies and draw that same conclusion.
    'Zakly
    blah blah blah back to the Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    This.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'm skeptical that you had decided, and then changed your mind based on one experience in one store.

As to why - it just doesn't make sense, that's why.
    Consider it "first impressions". It causes me concern that the stores are empty, everyone here is on VZN,and the well know fact that Sprint is losing customers rapidly. All of that conspires to give me second thoughts about switching carriers.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    blah blah blah back to the Pre
    If you don't like this thread, you aren't required to post.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast