Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I just got a call from a Sprint store employee who told me that their store (Athens, GA), which is not even a direct corporate store (it's listed as Sprint by NextStar Communications on sprint.com store locator), will be selling the Palm Pre at 6pm on June the 5th during a launch party. Although I think anyone can attend outright, the only catch might be that you have to be on the pre-order list to purchase a Pre at the party (he said he would hold stock for people on the list). When the release date was announced, I called them asking if their was a Pre pre-order list. The rep told me that he would put me on a list and call me when he got more information. If you're looking to get your hands on a Pre a day early and don't don't mind the MIR, try giving your local Sprint store a call. You might be surprised.
    are you sure you want to go to a non-corporate store? they all seem kind of shady and ghetto to me.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Ha, I mean, it is a Sprint store. You wouldn't know it wasn't a corporate store unless you looked it up. It only sells Sprint phones and has the same signage as a corporate store. I've been there a few times, and it isn't some sketchy 3rd party store or anything. In fact, it's the only dedicated Sprint store where I live. If you use the Sprint store locator, basically any store icon that is not blue on the map is indistinguishable from a corporate store.
    I called support and they directed me to a sprint store and I was put on the list for Friday pre launch party and I will be able to purchase the pre and accessories on this day. I also left a deposit to ensure I would get the phone and the accessories on this day!!!