Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I just talked to my sprint rep and she told me that the Pre will support 4G where available. Apparently this is the news that was kept secret. Just adding my 2 cents.
    That was never meantioned....however with the push of upgrades...maybe the hardware is there...just a matter of firmware upgrade??
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by atlbuc View Post
    I just talked to my sprint rep and she told me that the Pre will support 4G where available. Apparently this is the news that was kept secret. Just adding my 2 cents.
    Doubtful, very doubtful.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Doubtful, very doubtful.
    Nope. The FCC filings make that clear - no 2.5 GHz support.
    Zero chance.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Your rep is full of it. Totally different radio. I know because I have a Sprint Wimax radio integrated in my laptop
    Going forward, you now know that she is an unreliable source of information. The FCC takes these things seriously, if a WIMAX radio were in there they would test it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    Going forward, you now know that she is an unreliable source of information. The FCC takes these things seriously, if a WIMAX radio were in there they would test it.
    Unless it was disabled? Or it is able to change the frequency of its transmitter?

Just saying...
    You seem like a nice reputable person with some good sources.

Thanks for the amazing news.

/sarcasm
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LightofHonor View Post
    Unless it was disabled? Or it is able to change the frequency of its transmitter?

Just saying...
    No, if its in there (disabled or not), it has to be tested. Not to mention Sprint is rolling out 4G on the 2.5GHz frequency band so a change would be useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post

/sarcasm
    You seem like an ahole! Not sarcasm. Why even post...they guy was posting something he heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by bvent View Post
    You seem like an ahole! Not sarcasm. Why even post...they guy was posting something he heard.
    Yeah but the poster should know better than to give a Sprint's rep info the time of day.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post

/sarcasm
    You have a mismatched tag. You should begin with "sarcasm" or "<sarcasm>" and end with "/sarcasm" or "</sarcasm>". If you're going to be sarcastic, at least get it right.
    Sprint Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by bvent View Post
    "Yeah man, he is just doing his best man. Come on man, who cares if it is silly, easily refuted rumors? Dont be so mean man, he is just trying to help."

Come on. This forum is getting cluttered enough as it is with worthless 'noise' posts. Anyone who values it as a useful resource should care that people dont just post 'something they heard' but that people post actual facts backed up by evidence.