Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nice! So what do you think the app will sell for?
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    THANK GOD! I'm still in shock that the Pre will not have VVM when even feature-phones have it now. IMO they might have just as well left out an internet browser too....
    Great find! I am relieved now.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I honestly don't care what it sells for - I can see myself paying upwards of $70-$80 to have it (tho i doubt it will be more than $20 or $30)
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    They already have an app for Windows Mobile and it's free!
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximo_ View Post
    I honestly don't care what it sells for - I can see myself paying upwards of $70-$80 to have it
    for VVM, seriously? That thing better text you the entire message of the vm, let you respond to the vm via text (which Sprint already does), and it better leave you a vm of things you've forgotten to do today and e-mails you forgot to respond to, and it better calculate my fruit smoothies for me for $70-80.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    cant get enough of your avatar buddy.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximo_ View Post
    THANK GOD! I'm still in shock that the Pre will not have VVM when even feature-phones have it now. IMO they might have just as well left out an internet browser too....
    I wouldn't put VVM anywhere near the same level on an internet browser...
    ... Don't forget that to use this, you'll need to pay $0.20 per minute to Sprint as the call gets forwarded when you don't pick up to Phonefusion's voicemail system.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    for VVM, seriously? That thing better text you the entire message of the vm, let you respond to the vm via text (which Sprint already does), and it better leave you a vm of things you've forgotten to do today and e-mails you forgot to respond to, and it better calculate my fruit smoothies for me for $70-80.
    Hahaha yeah all that would be nice, but I absolutely HATE checking my voicemail and it is the ONE thing that the iPhone had that actually made my jaw drop when I saw it (probably because I hate voicemail so much lol) and seeing it on the Instinct is what made me think about upgrading my phone to begin with a few months ago (and in doing research for it found out about the Pre :-D ) - If the Pre didnt come with a physical keyboard I would easily pay an extra $80 for an upgraded model that did....I value VVM almost as much.

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion. Feel free to consider me wrong lol - I understand that few people hate voicemail as much as I do...
    Last edited by Maximo_; 05/22/2009 at 12:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RicanS4 View Post
    I wouldn't put VVM anywhere near the same level on an internet browser...
    Yeah I know I was just being a little over-dramatic
    Do it!
    Hopefully we get an app for this, which should have come out of the box from Palm.

That said, we don't know if the SDK will even allow this or if it would cost .20 cents a minute to forward our voice mails. Both could be a deal breaker.

So it isn't like this app is already in development they are offering to make one and we have no idea if that is even possible. Palm could be just as bad as Apple in how it treats the SDK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Hopefully we get an app for this, which should have come out of the box from Palm.

That said, we don't know if the SDK will even allow this or if it would cost .20 cents a minute to forward our voice mails. Both could be a deal breaker.

So it isn't like this app is already in development they are offering to make one and we have no idea if that is even possible. Palm could be just as bad as Apple in how it treats the SDK.
    Apple doesn't let people do things based on many things that Palm will not do, such as morals or monopoly (no Opera Mini because it threatens Safari, no bad words). Let's not go there. The issue here is that as of now, apps are written in HTML, CSS and Javascript. The APIs are not open yet. THis is understandable early in the life cycle.

It is 100% possible to write a VVM app, the drawback is whether or not call forwarding costs money or not for unanswered calls. People on Sprint report mixed results, hopefully Sprint will make it clearer.
    I knew it wouldn't be long. Everyone who is on here complaining how the iPhone can do things the Pre won't do just wait. Apps will soon flow in and the webOS will be unbeatable.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  16. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I say we start an open letter to Palm asking them to make a native app for VVM.
  17.    #18  
    A native app would be the best option and I hope they are working on that. I just hope the 3rd party ones don't cost .20 a minute.. That would be useless to me..
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    ... Don't forget that to use this, you'll need to pay $0.20 per minute to Sprint as the call gets forwarded when you don't pick up to Phonefusion's voicemail system.
    Is Sprint the only cell provider that charges for Call Forwarding? I use YouMail for my voicemails and my bill is typically $5 extra because of the 20¢ per call forwarding charge.
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I knew it wouldn't be long. Everyone who is on here complaining how the iPhone can do things the Pre won't do just wait. Apps will soon flow in and the webOS will be unbeatable.
    You have to pay to foward your calls, and its not nearly as nice as a solution integrated directly into the OS. Thanks, but no thanks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast