Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52
  1.    #1  
    Back story: I have been trying to have sprint give me the 2-yr upgrade earlier than I am eligible for (sept 1st is the actual date) in order to buy the Pre when it comes out. I left a voicemail with their escalations dept to call me back about it.

    Well, they just called me back and said that Sprint has decided to take a new route with the Pre. Since it is a "new" phone, they would only be offering the 2-yr upgrade of $150 off the retail price and then the $100 rebate. Basically upgrades would be $299 AFTER the MIR. I told her that's not how the upgrades were explained to me last month and she said that it was an email/memo that they were all just given this week regarding the Pre.

    The $199 after MIR is "only for new customers, not upgrades". Basically upgrades will be $399 out of the Sprint store or $299 after the rebates. Wow. Thanks, Sprint!
  2. #2  
    This better not be the route that Sprint takes. If they are not going to allow a loyal customer who qualifies for a $150 phone upgrade get the Palm Pre for $199 (given that a new two year contract is signed), I absolutely will boycott buying this phone (and I want it REALLY bad).
  3. #3  
    That better not be true
  4. #4  
    With two weeks to go, I bet they change that policy, assuming the rep you spoke with was correct.
  5. #5  
    Then their website is wrong.

    Sprint: Meet the Palm Pre

    199 after MIR with eligible upgrade or new line with Everything plan and 2yr agreement.

    Maybe what you said was offered to you since you're not eligible.
  6. #6  
    this is simple the rep didn't know what he was talking about, but if I was sprint I would be offering special deals to customers that are porting their service over from a different carrier. Maybe give it to them for $99. It only makes sense.
  7. d94
    d94 is offline
    d94's Avatar
    Posts
    272 Posts
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    #7  
    this would make me jump ship and grab the new iphone..and im a sprint tech
    my boss wont care but thats another customer sprints gunna loose
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by htowngator View Post
    Back story: I have been trying to have sprint give me the 2-yr upgrade earlier than I am eligible for (sept 1st is the actual date) in order to buy the Pre when it comes out. I left a voicemail with their escalations dept to call me back about it...........!
    What did they say about letting you upgrade early??
    Are you a Premier customer?
  9. #9  
    I can't believe people on this board are actually gullible enough to believe Sprint reps, most of whom don't know the difference between their *** and a hole in the ground. In case some of you forgot these are the same reps that said the phone would be out in July or August AFTER Sprint announced the June 6th date. Anyway, you can believe what you want but most of us know better.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
  10. #10  
    Just to be sure, I contact Sprint. The rep told me that with my account (out of contract, eligible for $150 off), the price would be $299 before the rebate, and I would be eligible for the rebat.

    When she asked if she could do anything else, I (jokingly) said "Not unless you can go ahead and ship me one".

    She actually checked. "I'm sorry sir, I show they are not available for shipping yet" I didn't expect anything different, but thought it would have been funny ...

    I did ask her to note my account that I had been quoted $199 after rebate.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang View Post
    I can't believe people on this board are actually gullible enough to believe Sprint reps, most of whom don't know the difference between their *** and a hole in the ground. In case some of you forgot these are the same reps that said the phone would be out in July or August AFTER Sprint announced the June 6th date. Anyway, you can believe what you want but most of us know better.
    exactly..... it's funny ppl call already knowing what the price will be hoping to hear something different then when they get a rep that doesn't have all the facts and thats reading off a memo they come post on the board.... i hate sprit..... i guess ppl like all that wasted emotion.......
  12. #12  
    If I upgrade my plan so I become a Premiere customer, am I immediately eligible for the new contract price on the Pre?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Just to be sure, I contact Sprint. The rep told me that with my account (out of contract, eligible for $150 off), the price would be $299 before the rebate, and I would be eligible for the rebat.

    When she asked if she could do anything else, I (jokingly) said "Not unless you can go ahead and ship me one".

    She actually checked. "I'm sorry sir, I show they are not available for shipping yet" I didn't expect anything different, but thought it would have been funny ...

    I did ask her to note my account that I had been quoted $199 after rebate.
    I told her (the rep) that it is not what was explained to me at all for eligible 2yr upgrades, but she was adamant that they had a memo out about it.

    I still believe she was wrong, but this was an escalations manager.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8addicted View Post
    exactly..... it's funny ppl call already knowing what the price will be hoping to hear something different then when they get a rep that doesn't have all the facts and thats reading off a memo they come post on the board.... i hate sprit..... i guess ppl like all that wasted emotion.......
    I didn't call asking about the price. I called to attempt to get an early upgrade at what I thought was the 2-yr upgrade price of $199 after MIR. She told me even if I was that it would be $299 after MIR because they were intentionally doing it with this phone.

    As I said, this was an escalations manager that called me back, not some random sales guy.
  15. EazyWeazy's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    If I upgrade my plan so I become a Premiere customer, am I immediately eligible for the new contract price on the Pre?
    You cannot upgrade to a premier account. They do it for you automatically. To have a premier account, you have to be a customer 10+ years.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    this is simple the rep didn't know what he was talking about, but if I was sprint I would be offering special deals to customers that are porting their service over from a different carrier. Maybe give it to them for $99. It only makes sense.
    Actually, a two year contract is a two year contract, whether it's a Sprint re-up or a convert from another carrier. Sprint gets the same guaranteed revenue stream either way.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  17. #17  
    I'm midstream with my contract and only eligible for $75. I've called two Sprint stores and been told by both that my cost would be full retail ($549) minus the $75.

    Bump that $hoit. I may as well just wait until Palm releases the next Pre with either more internal memory or a mini SD slot.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by EazyWeazy View Post
    You cannot upgrade to a premier account. They do it for you automatically. To have a premier account, you have to be a customer 10+ years.
    Nope, you're wrong....Pardon me, you're 1/2 correct, 10+ years is one of two ways to qualify. Read the Premier qualifications again...
  19. #19  
    The other requires a $69.99 individual monthly plan or $99.99 family plan for at least 3 months, so you'd get Premier in 3 months if you changed it now.
  20. EazyWeazy's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by htowngator View Post
    I didn't call asking about the price. I called to attempt to get an early upgrade at what I thought was the 2-yr upgrade price of $199 after MIR. She told me even if I was that it would be $299 after MIR because they were intentionally doing it with this phone.

    As I said, this was an escalations manager that called me back, not some random sales guy.
    I just conducted a Web Chat with Sprint and here's what they said regarding upgrades:


    Hi Lesli, how are you today?

    10:51:59 Agent Lesli
    Great! How may I assist you?

    10:53:05 Customer ****
    I am planning on purchasing the Pal Pre on June 6th. I have read several blogs that are offering contradicting info. How much is the Pre. I am a Premier Account holder who is eligable for the full $150 phone upgrade?

    10:53:54 Agent Lesli
    I'd be happy to provide that information for you.

    10:53:59 Agent Lesli
    One moment, please.

    10:54:17 Customer ****
    Thank you for your time

    10:55:09 Agent Lesli
    Your price for the device will be $199.99 after $100 mail in rebate.


    10:56:50 Agent Lesli
    Do you have any further questions or concerns about Sprint service or products that I can assist you with today?

    10:56:53 Customer ****
    A sprint "Escalations Rep" said that they got a memo saying that it was $299 for upgrading customers after rebate. So, you are confirming that it is not true?

    10:57:13 Customer ****
    I did not speak with the rep personally.

    10:59:50 Agent Lesli
    For a Premier customer receiving the full $150 upgrade discount, you will be eligible for the new subscriber price of $199.99 after rebate. You will pay $299.99 and be eligible for the $100 rebate.

    11:00:42 Customer ****
    Is it different for non-premier customers, who are eligible for the $150 upgrade?

    11:01:45 Agent Lesli
    No, it is not. The discount of $150 is still the same discount. Premier customers are eligible to upgrade sooner than regular customers (every 12 months).

    11:02:13 Customer ****
    Thank you for clearing this up. Have a great day!

    11:02:40 Agent Lesli
    You're very welcome.


    So, there it is! Let's end the chatter on this thread. Whomever told you that the Pre will be $299 was wrong. Unless it applies to you only, since you're trying to get something that you are not eligible for. You might just have to wait or you might want to talk to the "Retention Dept".
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions