Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    +1 for close thread
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Okay, so, I've been following this thread and others regarding pricing, and I have a question: if I currently have a line with 20 months left on contract, and I add a new line to get the Pre for $199, could I then cancel the first line and pay the $175 cancellation fee? Thus essentially paying $375 for the Pre?
    Could you upgrade your plan to a Family Everything Data, get the Pre and keep your old phone as a "spare" at $20 add-a-phone? Unless you don't have a Everything plan, you WI>L have to upgrade your current plan. I tried to conn my way into this just last night with Retentions because I had some billing and equipment issues and threatened to cancel my account.

The only thing is that you will need to have an unused upgrade discount since you are already a Sprint customer, the $150 "instant" discount is for new subscribers only and the $100 rebate is tied to an ESN # that is earmarked as upgradeable.
    Last edited by MilenkoD; 05/24/2009 at 09:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    Easy solution, if I'm faced with this price upgrade issue I'll simply port my number to a pay-as-u-go/prepaid srvc then just port it back & TECHNICALLY, I'll be a new activation (since that's how Sprint wants to play it). I've been out of contract since Jan '09 & I doubt Sprint will be able to justify selling the Pre for $199.99 after mail-in to a new customer & then turn around & tell me I'll have to $299.99 after mail-in. I mean, CMON SPRINT, I just finished a 2 year contract! SMDH
    You're not going to have to go that route. You'll get the Pre for $199 if you sign a new contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You're not going to have to go that route. You'll get the Pre for $199 if you sign a new contract.
    To clarify, you must have OR change your contract to a SE plan AND your current phone being replaced by a Pre must be eligible for a $150 upgrade discount. This will get you a Pre for $299. Then you send in a $100 rebate = $199 (+ taxes on the $299 price).

If you are a Sprint Premier customer, I think to get the $299 + $100 rebate if you current phone has been in contract for a min of 12 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    To clarify, you must have OR change your contract to a SE plan AND your current phone being replaced by a Pre must be eligible for a $150 upgrade discount. This will get you a Pre for $299. Then you send in a $100 rebate = $199 (+ taxes on the $299 price).

If you are a Sprint Premier customer, I think to get the $299 + $100 rebate if you current phone has been in contract for a min of 12 months.
    Please, if you're going to use my quote, and "clarify" for me, read my post in context. The person I was responding to had been out of contract since January of this year.

As I said, he will be able to get a Pre for $199, and won't have to go the route of a opening a new line.
    Please, if you're going to use my quote, and "clarify" for me, read my post in context. The person I was responding to had been out of contract since January of this year.

As I said, he will be able to get a Pre for $199, and won't have to go the route of a opening a new line.
    No, re-read mine....it's a clarification to a qualification not mentioned by the OP nor by you. A Sprint SE plan is a MUST even if hop-scotching around plans to "technically" qualify as new. If you upgrade/switch/find a loop-hole, it will include the fact that your new plan WILL BE a SE plan. The rest of the information I wrote is for others that may come across this post looking for other qualifications to obtain the Pre at $199.

No harm, no foul...I understood what you were trying to convey to the OP. Again, for others reading the post, be aware that it isn't simple to get the Pre....very specific rules and qualifications for existing contracts.
    Quote Originally Posted by htowngator View Post
    Back story: I have been trying to have sprint give me the 2-yr upgrade earlier than I am eligible for (sept 1st is the actual date) in order to buy the Pre when it comes out. I left a voicemail with their escalations dept to call me back about it.

Well, they just called me back and said that Sprint has decided to take a new route with the Pre. Since it is a "new" phone, they would only be offering the 2-yr upgrade of $150 off the retail price and then the $100 rebate. Basically upgrades would be $299 AFTER the MIR. I told her that's not how the upgrades were explained to me last month and she said that it was an email/memo that they were all just given this week regarding the Pre.

The $199 after MIR is "only for new customers, not upgrades". Basically upgrades will be $399 out of the Sprint store or $299 after the rebates. Wow. Thanks, Sprint!
    Your thread gets 1 star.. Worthless
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Your thread gets 1 star.. Worthless
    I think the poster misunderstood or was miss quoted. I just had the same conversation with Sprint last night.

If you are eleigible for full upgrade you apply the $150, or if you are a new customer, you get an automatic $150 discount/promotion. Either way it comes out to $299 and then there's a $100 MIR.

However, if you do not qualify for any upgrade rebates, then you niether get the $150 upgrade credit NOR the $100 rebate, as the $100 MIR is tied to an ESN that is listed as eligible for upgrade (and ensuing credit).
    I just called sprint customer service, he checked out my account, Ive been a premier customer now for awhile, he said the palm pre is 549.99 full price, and with all the discounts. I will be paying 199.99. Actually 299.99 then the mail in rebate which will take it to 199.99.
    Quote Originally Posted by tripple_sinner View Post
    I just called sprint customer service, he checked out my account, Ive been a premier customer now for awhile, he said the palm pre is 549.99 full price, and with all the discounts. I will be paying 199.99. Actually 299.99 then the mail in rebate which will take it to 199.99.
    Yup...that's consistent with everything I understand to be correct
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    No harm, no foul...I understood what you were trying to convey to the OP. Again, for others reading the post, be aware that it isn't simple to get the Pre....very specific rules and qualifications for existing contracts.
    Except, my post wasn't to the OP. It was to the person I quoted. His concern was that he was not eligible for the $199 price (he had inferred that existing customers were not eligible for the $199 deal), and was talking about going through extra steps to get a new line, port the number, and cancel the old.

As I said, none of that is needed. He is eligible for the $199 price. He will have t go on an Everything plan (which he would also have to do on the new line), but he doesn't have to go through all the gyrations he was speaking of.
    Except, my post wasn't to the OP. It was to the person I quoted. His concern was that he was not eligible for the $199 price (he had inferred that existing customers were not eligible for the $199 deal), and was talking about going through extra steps to get a new line, port the number, and cancel the old.

As I said, none of that is needed. He is eligible for the $199 price. He will have t go on an Everything plan (which he would also have to do on the new line), but he doesn't have to go through all the gyrations he was speaking of.
    Yes, you are correct as I understand it
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123