Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I hope that we are able to remove apps like sprinttv
    Gotta have SprintTV, can't live without NFL Network!
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    WOW I thought I was by myself....I know for some people they need the actual keyboard and it is a big point difference between a PRE and an Iphone.

But for me, not using actual keys for over a year now, I cant really go back....if I never have to slide the PRE open its icing on the cake for me.
    I thought it was the sliding aspect of the hardware was "con" for berd, not the inclusion of physical keys.

For instance, Treo's have physical keyboards, but aren't sliders.

Maybe I've got it wrong. Just an observation/alternate interpretation.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    reid were you able to test out the speaker phone by any chance and if so was it loud and clear?
    wow if it really has an on screen keyboard i will be in love for sure!
    On-screen keyboard was merely speculation from a Sprint salesman as a possible app that might be available. It's not time to get excited about it yet.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    reid were you able to test out the speaker phone by any chance and if so was it loud and clear?
    Unfortunately I didn't have a chance. There were a half dozen folks waiting for help so I didn't want to take too long, plus I was kind of in shock having in my hands. I've since thought of a bucnh of things I should have checked out. I may go back when it's not so crowded. The advocate gave me his card, maybe I should call him and ask him to bring his Pre over for beers tonight!
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I hope that we are able to remove apps like sprinttv
    I suspect all that junk is in ROM and we won't be able to get rid of, just like on a Treo.

I'll be setting up a special "dross" card for Sprint TV, that Nascar thing, the non-RPN calculator it'll have, etc. It won't reclaim the memory, but at least it will reduce visual clutter of stuff I'll never use so I can more easily get at the stuff I do use.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    I suspect all that junk is in ROM and we won't be able to get rid of, just like on a Treo.

I'll be setting up a special "dross" card for Sprint TV, that Nascar thing, the non-RPN calculator it'll have, etc. It won't reclaim the memory, but at least it will reduce visual clutter of stuff I'll never use so I can more easily get at the stuff I do use.
    Some of us were able to get the "junk" out of Treo ROMs. I say no more than 6 months before we can do it on a Pre, and probably much sooner.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Some of us were able to get the "junk" out of Treo ROMs. I say no more than 6 months before we can do it on a Pre, and probably much sooner.
    I was always a little gun-shy of that, but probably would have gritted my teeth and done it if I ran out of memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post

Man...I hope people figure out how to cook ROMs for this like they do on WinMobile. I love being able to make my own custom build with just the apps I want and all the settings already tweaked. I have no need for any NASCAR stuff or whatever. I'd love to reclaim storage by flashing a custom ROM with that stuff stripped out.

Probably won't happen for a while though.
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    I went to my local Sprint store this morning to ask about the Friday night launch of the Pre for Sprint Premier customers. When I finally got to talk to a rep (after about a fifteen minute wait) and I told him why I was there he started grinning and pulled his Pre out of his pocket and handed it to me! I lucked out that of the three employees there, he was the Pre advocate and I could tell he was dying to talk about it.
    Did you ask about the required phone plan, like if you need an everything plan or not? (Sorry, this was gonna be asked eventually, and I don't plan on crying SERO if it turns out negative)
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    Man...I hope people figure out how to cook ROMs for this like they do on WinMobile. I love being able to make my own custom build with just the apps I want and all the settings already tweaked. I have no need for any NASCAR stuff or whatever. I'd love to reclaim storage by flashing a custom ROM with that stuff stripped out.

Probably won't happen for a while though.
    i hear there will be 2GB of NASCAR Apps burned into the ROM for your enjoyment. complete bios of all your favorite drivers, courses, etc. enjoy!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12