View Poll Results: Do you have to wait because of the Instinct?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I'm not eligible for the discounts till a few weeks after launch.

2 6.06%
  • I don't care about discounts. Buying it at launch.

3 9.09%
  • I was smart and didn't buy an Instinct.

28 84.85%
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    So who here has to wait till end of June/July to buy the Pre because they got an Instinct last year?
    Are you sure of your date? I bought the Instinct at the end of June last year and I qualify for the discount on June 1. All the lines on my account qualify on the 1st of the month that I bought the phone the previous year. In that sense, it is not necessarily a FULL 12 months that you have to wait. You may qualify just in time like I do.
    I got the Instinct on the day it came out and I get the discount on June 1st as well.
    I dont have to wait. I am eligible now. Sucks for those who waited on the instinct for reviews. That is why I firmly believe if you want it get it. Nothing someone else says can change my mind. The only problem i ever had with my instinct was the screen getting smashed in. I take it to the sprint store. He laughs at me and pushes it out and everything has always seemed to be fine for what I use. The PRE will be the same I will get it and decide for myself if it is worth keeping. Not hope others like how it feels or works for them. they may not use it the same as me.
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Same here, I got the Instinct the day before it was available to the general public. I am eligible on June 1st.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    I'm also eligible June 1st.
    +1
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mbj8448 View Post
    Are you sure of your date? I bought the Instinct at the end of June last year and I qualify for the discount on June 1. All the lines on my account qualify on the 1st of the month that I bought the phone the previous year. In that sense, it is not necessarily a FULL 12 months that you have to wait. You may qualify just in time like I do.
    Yeah I bought mine in July. So I don't qualify till July 1st.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    I as well as several of my friends bought the Instinct in July last year and all were eligible for an Upgrade on July 1st. I called up CS, talked with them a bit, let them know I wanted the Pre and didn't want to wait but still wanted the discount, they said they would take care of it as long as I went through telesales. All of my buddies that want the Pre did the same, so I say try that if your upgrade date is July 1.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I got the instinct last year, and I was surprised to see that I am eligible for a $150 upgrade. Anyone know why we get the full $150 instead of the $75?..not complaining, just wondering if that's accurate. (fyi, The primary account holder is a premier customer)
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    +1 here. I got the Instinct the day it came out and returned it 29 days later for the Treo 800w. Still qualify for the $150 upgrade credit June 1.
    i500 --> Treo650 --> PPC6700 --> MotoQ --> Instinct --> Treo800w --> HTC Mogul/Palm Prē
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I got my Instinct on June 19 a day before it was released to the general public and for some reason I am eligible now for the $150 upgrade credit.

I suspect that I will have a harder time getting the Pre because it will start being available after 6 pm on June 5th. Last year I left work to get my hands on the Instinct, so I had very little competition.
    lmao this is my situation. Frikkin Instinct...I sold it on ebay for 145, and I'm just buying the Pre outright on launch day without extending my contract.
    i am not sure one would be able to buy pre without a contract.
    @->----
    Palm Treo 755p