1.    #1  
    Have you gotten your invite? I asked yesterday evening since I was a premier customer since I had not gotten one yet. Here is their answer:

Dear S. Copeland,

Thank you for contacting Sprint regarding the Palm Pre launch party on
    June 05, 2009.

The invitations for the Palm Pre launch party were sent to selected
    customers. Unfortunately, we cannot check the list of the invited
    people in the launch party from eCare. I apologize for the inconvenience
    caused due to this.

Although all invitations have been extended for the Palm Pre Release
    Party, we encourage you to watch and register for future promotions and
    special offers on our website at Sprint.com.

Thank you again for contacting Sprint.

Sincerely,
    Plathe K.
    Sprint

what the hell.... please dont say it true
    When I saw this, I NEVER assumed that just because I was a Premier customer that I would receive one. IMO, it seems they made the bar so low for Premier status, the the Premier program alone could swipe all the inventory on the first day. Also, they would have to possibly accommodate a lot of people if everyone was invited in each city. Probably sent them to certain people based on radius to the stores that are having the parties.

Really, the last thing I want to do is spend my Friday night with a bunch of phone nerds at a Sprint store.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Really, the last thing I want to do is spend my Friday night with a bunch of phone nerds at a Sprint store.
    Love it!

I really laughed at that for some reason....although Id might suffer for a little bit if it meant I could get my pre early and just forget what I had to do to get it.

Thankfully there is a Radio Shack right behind my house...which reminds me I need to check and make sure they are getting it and see if I can get a hook up for someone to hold one for me.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts

Dude! If you even KNOW about a Pre, YOU ARE A PHONE NERD!

Of course there is therapy for such afflictions

That usually involves feeding your nerd condition and obtaining a Pre.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post

Of course there is therapy for such afflictions

That usually involves feeding your nerd condition and obtaining a Pre.
    That was really good!!! LOL made my day!
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Ha ha! Just because he is a phone nerd, doesn't mean he has to associate publicly with other phone nerds. It's hard enough for us to live with ourselves!!
    Actually isnt anyone that is on or looking at these forums....specifically this post, a Phone nerd???
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Ha ha! Just because he is a phone nerd, doesn't mean he has to associate publicly with other phone nerds. It's hard enough for us to live with ourselves!!
    Ooo, now his an antisocial phone nerd!

I recommend meeting with others with the same affliction on June 6 and your nearest Sprint store for a group therapy session
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Just because I spend WAAAY too much time on this site and on Twitter and on any other site that mentions anything about new mobile phones (yes, I even look at WM & iPhone crap) and clearly AM a mobile phone nerd - does not mean I want to actually spend my time in a Sprint store on a Friday night.

Besides, all my Trekkie friends get together at one of our Mom's houses on Friday nights. Since I am club president, I can't miss it!
  11.    #11  
    Omg...lol
    Just because I spend WAAAY too much time on this site and on Twitter and on any other site that mentions anything about new mobile phones (yes, I even look at WM & iPhone crap) and clearly AM a mobile phone nerd - does not mean I want to actually spend my time in a Sprint store on a Friday night.

Besides, all my Trekkie friends get together at one of our Mom's houses on Friday nights. Since I am club president, I can't miss it!
    Dungeons & Dragons? Or is it Everquest now?
    I chatted with a Sprint rep on their website about the Premier parties. She told me that if an invite was sent out to me I should also be able to see in under the S|P link when I log into my account. I logged in and clicked on the link, just the usual stuff, oh well.

There is another thread saying that some stores are opening back up on June 5th from 6 - 12 and selling the Pre, S|P or not...
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    No offense but what exactly did you expect? The point of "A lists" is to manipulate and increase desire.

The people in the list must speak well of the product because it they are in a way coopted by the process of inclusion.

For people excluded, their desire, is actually heightened.

It is basic seduction theory, whcih does not in fact come out of "how to pick up girls" books, but out of marketing 101.

The process works, I will bet the denial of a spot on the guaranteed Pre list increased your desire. (nothing personal, that is what the rat in a maze science, and it is a science, shows.)

Quote Originally Posted by TeckieGirl40 View Post
    Have you gotten your invite? I asked yesterday evening since I was a premier customer since I had not gotten one yet. Here is their answer:

Dear S. Copeland,

Thank you for contacting Sprint regarding the Palm Pre launch party on
    June 05, 2009.

The invitations for the Palm Pre launch party were sent to selected
    customers. Unfortunately, we cannot check the list of the invited
    people in the launch party from eCare. I apologize for the inconvenience
    caused due to this.

Although all invitations have been extended for the Palm Pre Release
    Party, we encourage you to watch and register for future promotions and
    special offers on our website at Sprint.com.

Thank you again for contacting Sprint.

Sincerely,
    Plathe K.
    Sprint

what the hell....please dont say it true
    Gee areo, way to splash cold water on an otherwise funny Friday thread....
  16.    #16  
    Interesting....I hope I am not a rat in the scenero...don't make me come up there
    FOLLOW ME
    http://twitter.com/TeckieGirl
    TeckieGirl Official website
    [url]http://www.TeckieGirl.com
    I think the point is many thought they were already on the A list or being a Premier customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I think the point is many thought they were already on the A list or being a Premier customer.
    I think we all know now there are Premier 1, Premiere 2, Permier 3, etc.
    They cant have a single metric premier or not .Sprint has had such metrics forever. There is just a new name for the public one "feel special program.". Last year it was "Sprint White Glove."

But they do almost certainly maintain about 20 data values, for example: length of term; gross amount of monthly charges; whether you are high profit (vs revenue alone); payment timeliness history; payment method (direct withdrawal would be highest value); number of times you call or contact customer service (a negative); your liklihood of outchurn on a dozen sub metrics down to zip code; how far into your contract you are; etc etc etc.

Certainly there is a metric on a scale of one to ten or more and premier is probably not 10, but 7-10.

I am sorry if my response was off putting, I said it was not personal, but look at the OP's posts. They are 100% uncritical of the phone, it shows elevated desire. Sprint not including her actually validates their selection process as she seems among the least likely to make an alternative choice!

Being the target of marketing and promotional manipulation does not speak ill of you, but that manipulation is endemic and ascience in consumer culture.